Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:58:37 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: GSS bottleneck  (Read 5707 times)
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2022, 02:46:46 pm »

The last thing I'll say is that what made EQ good was the ever-present danger. Dying deep in a dungeon threatened your entire weekend. Forgetting to bind when you went across the continent cost you a day of your life. The principle that made EQ so addictive was the way it could punish you and the way it could lay you low like that was proportionate to the heights you felt for accomplishments.

This is true, and an example of a founding dynamic I both loved and hated. EZ server never did capitalize on this aspect of the game like live or P99 did, it is a completely different entity and an alternative to such servers.

The real point here is please just disconnect T10 and GSS. GSS can still be rare and whatever status symbol you want, but don't stop progression while people farm them.

I never had much care for status symbols, I am more of a function guy. I took the time to farm up resources so I could have a large crew and help others. The connection to progression is entirely what makes GSS worth having. The scarcity makes it valuable.

As someone that has never interacted, grouped or traded with anyone else on the server, I'm telling you you'll hit 79 with your raid and still be dozens of GSS short of the current requirements. In fact, it's probably worse for me because I actually did all three factions one at a time.

I have respect for this. You earned your own way and were not pushed through. You also have a very good point when you say just grinding for these just to get your crew up to snuff is not at all fun.
I will say, perhaps the best way to address this would be increasing GSS drops in T10 as opposed to dropping more in Vp. Specifically, giving bosses a better chance to drop them might be the best way as they basically don't have a chance in hell right now...and you have to earn bosses.

The fact that I was able to purchase 16 GSS from one person in VP just shows you how much more often they seem to be dropping in a tier two above the quest zone, which as I've said many times, is a flawed way to go about it...

Tankus makes a good point regarding people in VP, these either already will be or will be quickly just extra GSS, just like tofs drops in Sleepers crashed their value.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 02:57:40 pm by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2022, 11:37:05 pm »

The fact that I was able to purchase 16 GSS from one person in VP just shows you how much more often they seem to be dropping in a tier two above the quest zone, which as I've said many times, is a flawed way to go about it..

Drops aren't being increased in Sunderock. If someone chooses to play through the game without relying on any community help, or trades or outside assistance in any way, then they are more than welcome. Part of playing in that fashion, is what's required to farm GSS's for Ultimate Armor if you solely rely on Sunderock.  Should anyone choose to do this at any point in EZ's future, it will remain exactly as it is now, and has been, incredibly time consuming, as it was intended to be. I honestly haven't asked Akka if it was intended to be a time sink, it certainly looks like a time sink, and smells like a time sink, so it's probably a time sink, and it shall remain.

I have done what I can to help get GSS's filtering down at more reasonable prices, by increasing the supply, for those who aren't holding themselves to that 'no assistance' standard. I really fail to understand why it matters where the GSS has been looted, if you were willing to trade for GSS from Sunderock, or Sleeper, than trade for some from VP, they work exactly the same. Sunderock GSS drops are very rare, there's alternative sources now, either work with the market, or struggle as everyone else did before you to farm GSS's in Sunderock, it's up to you.

The mentality of "It was really hard when I did it so it has to be hard for everyone else" Needs to be addressed...The drop rate was pitiful to keep people in T10 because there wasn't anything to do after that, now there are two zones after T10 and the drop rate has stayed the same and the GSS have been added to another two zones 1 in which the drop rate has been increased(No idea about sleeper)....

T10's progression doesn't include UA. T10's progression remains as hard as it ever was, despite some obvious issues with use of certain items that make it easier than it could be. T10's progression is fine as it is, it takes some time to work through, definitely a hell level of progression, but people get through it.

Without UA you won't survive in VP so the removal of the requirement was a bit of a puzzle for me to be honest...if anywhere, remove it from Sleeper and put a 3 piece check on VP instead of 5...

As I've said multiple times, there has to be a tuning baseline for a zone. My choice with VP was UA equipped characters, and as people have found out it's pretty necessary to have. It's necessary for tank survivability, it's necessary for DPS classes to be maximized, it's necessary for healing classes (more than paladins) to be maximized. I didn't want people to zone in with lesser gear and get beat down really hard but not realize it's because they are underequipped, thus a 5 UA requirement was added. As people complained about this requirement, I chose to simply let them in, and if they can progress through VP with T10 gear, than good on them, although I know it will be exceedingly difficult.

As I'm sure everyone can see, there is no answer, on any topic that we really get a consensus on. As such, I don't expect that everyone agrees with me, or the EZ Admin Team's decisions on certain topics. Ultimately, we have to make a decision though, whether we make a change because it's reasonable, or we don't because we disagree with it, decisions must be made that affect you, the players. I do my best to make well-informed decisions, but they can't possibly make everyone happy, and sometimes it seems hard to make anyone happy ie. "WE WANT MOAR GSS's!!"  "Here's a new way to get some" "NOT FROM THERE!!1", but either way I have to make these decisions.

GSOA's remain rare, they have found new value with Legendary Ring of the Ages combines, and while they do drop in VP, it's by no means in enough quantity to depress their value, and in fact I'd suspect people are paying considerably more than market value for them right now.  Platinum has also become a lot more valuable, which was obviously expected, as the amount required per upgrade is quite substantial.

I never simply discount people's ideas, or that they feel something is unfair, but I won't make changes just to make changes. I understand everyone's point with Sunderock GSS drops, they are very low, so I added a solution without making changes to existing content. Maybe you don't love the solution, maybe you just want what you want. Well, as we've all heard before 'you don't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might just get what you need'. Grinding on a point doesn't necessarily change my mind, not that I'm stubborn to be stubborn, but take the option that's available to you.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 11:39:09 pm by Draca » Logged

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2022, 04:42:20 pm »

First of all, I am very appreciative of all the work put into this server. I cannot even fathom how you do that, for free, and have your own life on the side.
I read everything, and I get that you have to make decisions as the content creator.

Taking away the GSS requirement for VP solved your GSS tied to advancement problem, we don't need more to drop in VP for this.
Gss dropping in the zone is fine, I have no issues with that. However, they are NOT rare at all to people who know how to farm them. These GSS drops extra, not needed GSS for that party or will be very shortly (again, as seen with TOFS essences dropping in Sleeper...exact same thing.)

TL:DR: GSS is THE gold standard... and GSoA is silver. Having so many drop in VP effectively crashes the market. Having a healthy market is what makes this thrive.

In the end, I am just happy to be here. Do as you will, I am along for the ride. Thank you for all you do.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 58
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)