Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:18:16 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Custom EZ HUD mod  (Read 19952 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2016, 04:49:21 pm »

Mine's still pretty busy but with minimalistic approach, and have gotten some good ideas from other people for mods that I keep incorporating into it.
Roguetastic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2016, 07:33:51 pm »

I like this HUD and have been using it this past weekend. The only problem I am having is it loads on all 12 of my boxes and really lags the hell out of EQ.  I have my main char on a mostly full client and the other 11 on a skinny client. Is there a way to run the skinny 11 without using this hud and still be able to control them from my main? I'm not sure it's possible to run 2 MQ2 Inis at the same time without there being confusion between the clients. Anyway, great work on this and thanks to all the contributors.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2016, 08:00:46 pm »

Yeah, there are settings for each character that you can set to enable or disable specific elements of the HUD.  At the very bottom of you mq2hud settings file, all the characters that have loaded in while the plugin has been running will be listed with the settings assigned to them.  Scroll down to the characters that you want to disable the HUD on and their settings will look something like:

[Dimurwar_EZ (Linux) x4 Exp]
Last=Elements
SkipParse=1
CheckINI=10
UpdateInBackground=on
ClassHud=on
ZoneHud=on

Just manually edit the on to off on all but your main character and you should be good to go.  A couple people said they get laggy when running the HUD on multiple characters so hopefully this can help them.  I don't experience any stutter with it though so I never considered the ini edits for background characters, sorry.
Roguetastic

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2016, 10:23:43 pm »

That helped quite a bit. Still a hiccup here and there but, way more playable.  Running at 2560 x 1440 so, don't expect that it'll ever be totally smooth.  Thanks again for the help.

RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2016, 10:35:26 am »

I run that res now, and can pull a zone without issue

I don't know if it will help, but try this on alts
/hud off
/net on send on grab off

So hud is off, and they aren't collecting data from others, but still send info to main

Worth a shot

Red

Roguetastic

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2016, 10:01:29 pm »

Gave those commands a go and they didn't turn grab off. They ended up turning off NetBots completely. After issuing, I got a message in each boxes MQ chat window that said ----MQ2NetBots:: (off) Grab (on) Send (on)---- The only way I could isolate turning off Grab was to change each toons INI manually. After that, grab was off and send was on. Unfortunately, I didn't notice any difference.  Barring something screwy there, i don't think my PC should have any trouble running 12 at that rez. I have an i7-4790 with 16 GB RAM and a gtx-960 card. My memory usage never goes above 50% and my CPU barely hits 20%. I'm hard wired to a 22 Mbps internet connection.I am running Win10 so, maybe there is something there.  I had little to no trouble until I tried this HUD so, it is perhaps that I am just SOL.  Too bad as I like it a ton. As a side note, using the custom HUD posted by Nerdx here on this forum gave me some lag but, as it's not polling for so much info, it seems to be a lot more manageable.  Guess I'll just stick to that one for now.

Thanks for the tips.

Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2016, 06:05:51 pm »

Gave this a go and it's pretty solid so far. Just causing my 5th and onward boxes to crashes so I have to turn off HUDs on everyone but main controller.

I have the latest MQ2 files, today as of this post.

EDIT - Mission aborted, causing 20 FPS dropped. At least in ToFS it did.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:37:18 pm by Kelordis » Logged

shadowwar

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2022, 02:52:39 am »

The hud files still available for download somewhere? google drive link asking for permission and doubt the user is still active.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 63
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)