Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:45:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mitigation Issue - Solved  (Read 2554 times)
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2023, 09:47:50 pm »

I have identified the cause of the mitigation issue as the spell effect assigned to the Earring of the Mystic Ages buff. This has been changed to an alternative effect and pushed to the Live server, which may not be as effective, or have stacking issues. These will be looked into as soon as possible, to bring the EoMA back to it's previous effectiveness.

-Draca

Ginge
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 07:45:54 am »

How is that possible when it only adds 100% base damage and no mitigation?

If people don't click off the old version it'll just stay on them, it persists through death.

The pet invulnerability issue is also easily solved, just block pets from being able to use UW...easy...

Tank
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 01:20:07 pm »

How is that possible when it only adds 100% base damage and no mitigation?

If people don't click off the old version it'll just stay on them, it persists through death.

The pet invulnerability issue is also easily solved, just block pets from being able to use UW...easy...

Tank

While the spell effect reads as 100% Base Spell Damage, the actual code is 100% Base Spell Effectiveness. I don't believe that it's intended to affect mitigation in this way, so I've made a report to the coders at EQEmu regarding this. Pets are a different issue, and are next on my list.

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 01:50:27 pm »

Tank, it never occurred to me to ban you, and the opinions of others is not mine. Being as Akkadius doesn't necessarily follow the day-to-day goings on here, there was 0% chance you were getting banned.

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 11:43:40 pm »

Uhh... wait.. what?! Pets not being able to use UWs?! Next on the list... what?! Damn.. I got 4 pet classes with UWs being used on pets... and working on getting more but now that is gonna get nerfed? why?

Probably over-reacting but still.... was the nice thing about summoner bags and using UWs for the pets to proc the dd that comes with them, since they can't proc any strike augs in any of the non UWs you can equip them with.

Mix
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2023, 03:15:30 pm »

Uhh... wait.. what?! Pets not being able to use UWs?! Next on the list... what?! Damn.. I got 4 pet classes with UWs being used on pets... and working on getting more but now that is gonna get nerfed? why?

Probably over-reacting but still.... was the nice thing about summoner bags and using UWs for the pets to proc the dd that comes with them, since they can't proc any strike augs in any of the non UWs you can equip them with.

Mix

I am sure there are more elegant ways of handling pet invulnerability. If anything I would not worry too much about Summoner's Pack and adding weapon procs to it, getting removed all together from the game, especially without anything to replace it to make up for any DPS loss. I think we can all agree that doing the Summoner's Pack quest allowing you to increase your pet's dps is something that should stay in the game for those that want to use it. But it may have to be altered a bit to remedy the hardcore tanking pets.

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2023, 03:33:04 pm »

Mix

You're definitely over-reacting. I'm looking into solutions, and I've never said anything about removing UW use from pets.

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2023, 03:40:26 pm »

Update on this topic: During tuning tests, it occurred to me that the Defensive spell effect (Stonewall/mitigation) could be blocked when paired with the offending spell effectiveness buff (just overlooked this avenue initially), so the EoMA effects will be reverted to their previous effects, but will exclude several other spell effects to avoid unwanted buffing of these effects. These changes should be pushed Live later tonight, once I can properly verify they work as intended.

-Draca

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2023, 05:47:45 pm »

Mix

You're definitely over-reacting. I'm looking into solutions, and I've never said anything about removing UW use from pets.

Hey... someone has to be the pre-madonna on the server.. so the position has been filled by yours truly..  Smiley

-Mix-
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2023, 10:49:01 pm »

Following a server reset, changes to the EoMA should be complete. Damage effect is reverted to it's previous figure, and other spell effects have been blocked. Pet mitigation solution will come shortly.

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2023, 01:24:28 pm »

Mitigation issues with pets has been addressed. Weapons with Shielding in excess of 100, were mitigating melee damage completely when used in a Summoner's Pack.  I have lowered the shield very slightly to 90 or 95 depending on the weapon level (most are Ultimate Weapons), so pets can still tank, but will require healing upkeep similar to player tanks.

-Draca

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2023, 02:53:07 pm »

Good job fixing crap so we can have a merry time Wink

Miriya

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2023, 08:59:38 pm »

Thanks for looking into these, Draca!
Ginge
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2023, 07:42:19 am »

Here's another necro pet "exploit"

You can summon a pet whilst FD...Not sure if intended, I have mentioned it before ...

Tank
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2023, 08:51:56 am »

Here's another necro pet "exploit"

You can summon a pet whilst FD...Not sure if intended, I have mentioned it before ...

Tank

This seems to be related to an issue where augments with clickable buffs/pets ignore the 'Cast While Sitting' flag in spells. I will report it to the EQEmu guys, so for now it remains the same. There are some scripting workarounds I could do, but I'll wait and see if a fix can be made on the server code side more easily first.

-Draca

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678