Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:03:06 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Updates 10 03 10  (Read 37306 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2010, 03:26:12 am »

Made a_Miner Quest NPC's Invincible
Pyzjn respawns every 10 minutes with 50% chance of of A Glowing Black Stone
Hadden respawns every 30 minutes with 50% chance of loot of FB Earring
Velketor Spiders Quest Item Silver Chitin Handwraps Drop Rate Reduced
Delete all Silver Chiten Handwraps from merchants and players
Nagafen Quest Item Drop Rate reduced
Ladyvox Quest Item Drop Rate reduced
Epic Vendor - Ranger 3.5 and 4.0 Epic Bow/Sword Code created
Monk Epic 2.0 - 4.0 Graphics Changed
Warrior / Paladin Epic Graphics Unchanged for now.
Crafters Guild now shouts Congrats
Update Source Code - Hopefully fixes Buff Durations

Changes that affected us from the change log file:

==10/02/2010==
Derision: Implemented Blocked Buffs.
Derision: Fixed Blocked Buff spam every time you zone.
Derision: Implemented OP_ClearBlockedBuffs.

==09/29/2010==
Derision: Fixed crash in combat logging when a player was DoTted, zoned and then died from the DoT.

==09/25/2010==
Derision: Only one Rez confirmation box is allowed to be up at a time (per character).

EDIT:

I'll probably work on more updates before my weekend is over. Trying to finish up the "Noobie Guild Quest" which would be our 4th Guild Quest on the Server with rewards like Noobie Item v3 etc.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 03:28:29 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Zenshu

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 03:50:05 am »

Still having an issue with buffbot's buffs staying active.  "Most" of the buffs seem to disappear within 3 minutes. 

Things seemed to be working fine before the restart tonight @ ~1am PST.  Post restart, I began having issues.
Lored

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 04:04:54 am »

Hadden was killed just as server came back up, been 30 minutes and he still hasn't respawned Sad. Corpse just disappeared on us.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 04:53:22 am »

Keep me posted. I'll see what I can do.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 05:13:57 am »

Dunno if this helps but with buffs from the buffbot I realized that anytime I have a buff on that the buffbots buff wont overwrite is when I get the 3minute long buffs from them. not sure if this helps find the problem but

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
Zenshu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 05:48:45 am »

Still having issues with buffs.  I'll provide a little more detail to see if this can help you figure out the problem.

Current toon I'm using = lv50 monk

The following buffs are starting at full duration and then dropping to a 3 min (or less duration), after about maybe 2-3 seconds:
Nettle Shield            15min (1:18 after 2 sec)
Spirit of Fortitude     27min (3:00)
Spirit of the Shrew   36min (3:00)
Wushi's Focusing     80min (3:00)
Conviction              150min (3:00)
Clairvoyance            80min (3:00)

Note -
Acumen of Dar Khura    63min
and
Speed of Salik               43min

are NOT dropping in duration and stay in effect.
Lored

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 05:57:26 am »

Just curious about this, but do you mind posting which client you're using? I'm pretty sure its an issue on the server, but you never know.

EDIT: Update on Hadden since reboot. He's still taking 1hr to spawn.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 06:04:30 am by Lored » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 06:17:23 am »

Someone test for me, unequip all your armor, then get the buffs. What are the timers then? Heard its possible that focus effects are overflowing.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 06:18:37 am »

Acumen and Speed of Salik are both fixed duration buffs, they don't adjust based on the caster level.  The rest do and it would appear they are being cast at level 1.

Do you need to click the text to get buffs, or are you in fg/cg and over 65 so it is automatic?
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 06:22:12 am »

Someone test for me, unequip all your armor, then get the buffs. What are the timers then? Heard its possible that focus effects are overflowing.

My toons with no focus effects have the problem.  Only the toons that need to click the confirmation text have had the problem as far as I can see.

How are the buffs cast?  quest::selfcast, quest::castspell, $npc->CastSpell, or some other method?
Boraxo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 06:48:36 am »

First take is that SCHW just went from the easiest drop to far and away the worst.  I spent 45 minutes in Velks this morning with one other person in the zone for most of that time.  Cleared spiders a few times and never had a drop.

Extremely rare drop from multiple mobs in a zone that was often overpopulated anyway is going to make that place the hell hole of the universe in short order.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 06:50:02 am »

Thanks again for the work, Hunter.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 06:56:32 am »

First take is that SCHW just went from the easiest drop to far and away the worst.  I spent 45 minutes in Velks this morning with one other person in the zone for most of that time.  Cleared spiders a few times and never had a drop.

I agree it might be a little low.  I killed all the spiders about 2 times and didn't see 1 drop.  I wouldn't mind farming for it a bit, but if you get a couple of people/groups in the zone, there just aren't that many spiders to go around.
Boraxo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 08:02:23 am »

I agree it might be a little low.  I killed all the spiders about 2 times and didn't see 1 drop.  I wouldn't mind farming for it a bit, but if you get a couple of people/groups in the zone, there just aren't that many spiders to go around.
The biggest problem is that there is no 'camp'.  With it dropping from multiple mobs in there it's just going to be a huge free for all competition.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 08:07:20 am »

The biggest problem is that there is no 'camp'.  With it dropping from multiple mobs in there it's just going to be a huge free for all competition.

Since the pair I had last night got deleted >< i have gone back and started farming for them.

This is a pretty popular leveling zone for new people and this change has ruined it for them. There was an entire group farming spiders when i got there. It took them a minute or two to kill a spider. In that time I could have half the spiders killed. I felt bad for the group and left. There wont be to many people doing as i have done - so velks has been ruined for the new people.

I would suggest making it drop off a single mob in velks much like all the other pieces. Ohh and restoring all the handwraps and just deleting all but one pair from peoples inventories!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256