Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:12:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: EQEmu - Bigger issues than EZ.  (Read 28122 times)
Lored

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2010, 11:30:45 pm »

Don't think we've got good news for the night people.

EZ Server - Could be up and running, could be failing. Don't rightly know without the login server.

EQEmulator.org - Site not responding to HTTP requests, or pings.
I pulled a WHOIS on the domain and I didn't get a response from Rogean's name servers or from Rogean.com. Based on the address of the administrative company, Rogean Technologies, I pulled the weather there.

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/02379

Could be the issue, could not be, but figured I'd share my quick research with everyone.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 11:33:02 pm »

OMG!!! You mean I have to watch <gasp> non tivo'd television???

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 11:36:12 pm »

hes in boston? lmao i lived there for 2.5 years in the Air Force, so god is to blame for my non eq tonight? Figures, I'll have to go confess my sins again, look for the server to be back online in a few people, im sure hes just mad at me for my lifestyle this weekened ^.^

Trinity

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 11:37:19 pm »

Looking at that Doppler I can clearly see where there might be a rotation going on, might be a tornado. Could of took out the power or destroyed the data center for Eqemulator, but thinking again if that happened most data centers that offer server storage have backup power. Unless Eqemulator server is privately run out the persons own home.
Trinity

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 11:38:13 pm »

hes in boston? lmao i lived there for 2.5 years in the Air Force, so god is to blame for my non eq tonight? Figures, I'll have to go confess my sins again, look for the server to be back online in a few people, im sure hes just mad at me for my lifestyle this weekened ^.^

Hes talking about the eqemulator server not Ez server
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 11:38:56 pm »

Aww man I have to go to bed early  !? Sad

Poop
Lored

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 11:41:23 pm »

Don't know as of yet. Doing some more research, will post what I find in just a few minutes. Keep in mind, the whois only gives me the address of the administrative company, not necessarily the server location. I'm not a very strong believer in coincidences though Smiley Will post what I find in a few minutes.

EDIT/UPDATE: I did what i could to find out the status of the internet in that area, but I'm not willing to go any further than what I already have. Sorry I couldn't come up with better information.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 11:44:20 pm by Lored » Logged
JDFriend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 12:04:58 am »

im thinking we should scout the project 99 website, and see if any of them know wthell happened, i cant sleep till i know, cause i dont wanna sleep and have it come back up in 20min!!!!

Trinity

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 12:06:19 am »

Don't know as of yet. Doing some more research, will post what I find in just a few minutes. Keep in mind, the whois only gives me the address of the administrative company, not necessarily the server location. I'm not a very strong believer in coincidences though Smiley Will post what I find in a few minutes.

EDIT/UPDATE: I did what i could to find out the status of the internet in that area, but I'm not willing to go any further than what I already have. Sorry I couldn't come up with better information.

Either a Tornado wiped the place out or the eqemulator site is down cause of some other issues ISP-DDOS attack to anything. It is coincidence our server down same time, well almost. Our server went offline before eqemulator did cause they stayed up awhile after ours was down by at least 20min?
Evilmog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 12:07:03 am »

The P99 server is hosted from the same place as the eqemu boards (If anyone has taken the time to check IPs Eqemu and P99 are 1 apart, can't check now because they're down of course) but when P99 site comes up Eqemu's site should be up also, and vice versa.
JDFriend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 12:08:02 am »

oh... is all i can say.... apparently you did more homework then me Smiley

Evilmog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 12:10:54 am »

With the firewall at my work I was trying to find a way to bypass the log in server entirely, so that was part of my research.

And for the results, no, couldn't find a way to sneak past the log in server, or I'd prolly be logged in if this server is up Smiley
Lored

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 12:12:12 am »

@Evilmog: Yeah, I didn't write down the ips beforehand because I was wondering if it was a DNS issue at first so was going to try directly by ip. Have you tried pinging the ips directly or using them as the login server?

@Everyone: I contacted the ISP that's responsible for the login server, but they wouldn't give me any information as to an outage in that area without being an actual customer. This was as far as I was willing to go, and I don't see any purpose in contacting Rogean as I'm sure he's aware of the issue and probably fuming right now. No one likes internet downtime, but unfortunately it does happen. We can't control mother nature. It could just be a classic case of little kid curiosity though too lol. (I don't even know that Rogean has kids haha!)
Evilmog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 12:15:23 am »

Tried both, but a friend of mine at SOE explained how the log in server worked, and there was no way it was going to happen.

Not sure I'm awake enough to explain it if you really want to know, PM me and I can explain it later lol
Trinity

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 12:25:51 am »

Tried both, but a friend of mine at SOE explained how the log in server worked, and there was no way it was going to happen.

Not sure I'm awake enough to explain it if you really want to know, PM me and I can explain it later lol

This doesn't pertain to us, our login server has nothing to do with SOE and their login. The basic info everyone needs to know is there is a separate server for login and your servers host is separate for the game world. 1 for login and your servers game world is on another which is Hunters wherever that server is located. Eqemulator is the login server. Best as I can say it in lamens terms.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65015
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 168
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)