Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:23:35 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Epics, Epics, and more Epics - By Spankrox  (Read 88664 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2011, 10:11:57 am »

On the second time my brother did it he got a key on the first barrel and a book on the first chest. Another time I did it and was there approximately 18 hours spread over 3 days.

Slyminx

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2011, 11:56:49 am »

My 2.5's went like this:

Bard - 2hours for 1st, 6.5 hours for 2nd
Monk - half hour for first, 12 hours for 2nd
Magician - 16 hours
Cleric - 8 hours for first, haven't done 2nd one yet
Necromancer - 2 hours
Enchanter - First barrel key, first chest epic book, then re-roll back for two days and 7 hours for epic key again.

Have you seen my bear Tibbers?
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2011, 12:35:52 pm »

last one I did, 1st barrel - key, 1st chest = book
tied the world record!
but, that was like my 9th one, others have taken anywhere from 20 minutes to 4 hours...

can't imagine it takes more than 4-5 hours unless you are very very unlucky.

problem is you fraidy cats who run to the 1st room with 4 barrels and camp there all day.

you realize in the time it takes for those to respawn you could have ganked 15-20 more AND even if you get zapped by an eye you can zone back in in 30 seconds..
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:43:04 pm by walk2k » Logged

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2011, 01:03:36 pm »

Sounds like I just have to keep grinding it out! thaks for the responses.
Kenshou

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2011, 01:19:32 pm »

12 toons 6 with 2 each and did the ranger 3 times, never more than an hour for any of them, some people just have bad luck i guess
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2011, 02:51:42 pm »

447 Barrels, 38 keys in total.  But I finally got it!
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2011, 06:59:47 pm »

bump for noobs

necrobump FTW
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:03:02 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
recmar

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2012, 08:27:52 am »

last one I did, 1st barrel - key, 1st chest = book
tied the world record!
but, that was like my 9th one, others have taken anywhere from 20 minutes to 4 hours...

can't imagine it takes more than 4-5 hours unless you are very very unlucky.

problem is you fraidy cats who run to the 1st room with 4 barrels and camp there all day.

you realize in the time it takes for those to respawn you could have ganked 15-20 more AND even if you get zapped by an eye you can zone back in in 30 seconds..

I have read just about every guide on the forums and this brief explanation finally got me to understand what I need to do on 2.5. Many thanks!
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2012, 09:30:14 am »

Not so much an issue of being a fraidy cat as maximizing return on the effort. By camping the first room you can safely hit 12 or 13 barrels (one up the ramp toward z in, 2 if you stretch it, 4 in the room, one in the corner, 2 in the little room around the corner and 2 in the split hall past that....up to 13). By the time you finish all those, go back to the safe room to start again and the barrels are almost ready to repop....and minimal risk of being zapped out.

As to your 30 seconds to zone back in....ummm...no. Sure you can zone back relatively fast....but getting through the first room and hall with the roamer up the ramp takes one hell of a lot longer than 30 seconds unless you're a SK, necro or monk.

I've done the 2.5....well, a lot. I've tried every method and the one that works fastest that I've seen is working to saferoom 1 in an instance then working the area in the method I listed above. Dont hoard keys, as you get them hand them in, whether to different chests or all the same chest makes zero difference.

Keep in mind there are no "tricks". Contrary to what people tell you handing in bagfuls at a time to one chest, or working the very last room or the first room will not improve your chances for keys or book; its completely random.

Good luck!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2012, 09:37:06 am »

And figured it out....between helping family do theirs, doing my own and remaking lost epics I've done the 2.5 56 times. My warrior has had a total of 7 3.0's (lost a few to the ravenous birdbaths back when they were still around, and have multiples for various augs anyway).  Many melee with 2 each, done 2 rangers with 3 each, etc. The longest it took me was 147 keys once to get a book. I kept track because I wanted to see whether or not someone's claim that saving up bagfuls and handing them in all to one chest was faster....obviously it was not. My best was on beastlord...2 barrels, 2 keys, 2 books, first room. Its ranged all over in between, but thankfully none near so long as that 147 mess.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)