Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 08, 2024, 02:45:11 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Has HoH been changed?  (Read 13620 times)
Likkety

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2010, 06:23:27 am »

Last week in HoH I was farming pages/stones using War/Monk/Rog/Rng/Pally/Pally. 125k War and 2 pally's kept the healing just fine. This week, War dies on every mob. I switched the Rng out for a Clr and even that doesn't seem to make much difference. Still dieing alot more than normal.

It was suggested that after the haste change recently, that the proc rate was reduced again. Hunter said it wasn't but that's the only thing I can think of that would make this happen. Am I alone in this situation? Am I just having really bad luck lately or has anyone else noticed anything similar?

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Demin
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 08:24:31 am »

From what I understand, instead of your augs procing 12 times per second, they now have a CHANCE to proc... So, your pally probably isn't procing his heal as often as before.
Kishii

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 08:27:56 am »

125k is right on the cusp of getting one shotted if a Avatar gets in some good rounds or a crit or two on a combat round.  I had the exact same problem when I was in there with 124ish K. 

Couple that with maybe pally procs not hitting as often

My suggestion is get to cracking on that RoA and your charms.  Its a rude awakening but unless you get more HP HoH will treat you evil.

Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 08:32:46 am »

Might also want to consider that the change to haste might have affected mob haste and that's why they are tearing you up.  Just something to think about.  I had someone else tell me that they were dying in PoD whereas before the haste change they never came close.
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 11:36:11 am »

Roll an SK and you wont have to worry about dying.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Apology

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 12:18:02 pm »

Just as soon as you get 45% more health than a warrior to make up for not having stonewall, or an ultimate charm
and the T3 spell, this is true!

Apology, 70 Ranger. Jeddas, 70 SK.
kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 12:28:55 pm »

what is the dps on sks these days?

have they been nerfed with the haste changes and resulting proc decrease?
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 12:40:18 pm »

Just as soon as you get 45% more health than a warrior to make up for not having stonewall, or an ultimate charm
and the T3 spell, this is true!

I have 113k hp on my SK, depending on my group setup I use a sorc 50 or an oracle 22(my own grp of pally, cler, ranger, I use the sorc with the sk), and I do just fine. As far as dps, an SK dps was never awesome to begin with unless you have firestrikes. The only thing I've noticed is the proc getting resisted. Which obviously is going to effect the dps.

Apology

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 02:10:23 pm »

It's a paladin that only heals itself and a warrior minus stonewall and furious.
If you're going to box a big group like that, you may as well play two paladins and a warrior.

</tangent>

Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 02:46:41 pm »

It's a paladin that only heals itself and a warrior minus stonewall and furious.
If you're going to box a big group like that, you may as well play two paladins and a warrior.

</tangent>

If I did that according to the OP I'd be dying. I like my group setup. I have enough tanking, dps and healing to get me through.

Apology

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 06:00:47 pm »

OP is dying to a widely felt proc bug -- or dying to having barely acceptable levels of HP.
OP is not dying because of his superior class selection.

You can like your setup all you want. It's just inferior.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 06:05:37 pm »

Keep the cleric instead of the ranger. Set the cleric on direct heals to your warrior. Your pallys will help supliment your heals and will also keep the rest of the group alive.

Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 06:43:22 pm »

OP is dying to a widely felt proc bug -- or dying to having barely acceptable levels of HP.
OP is not dying because of his superior class selection.

You can like your setup all you want. It's just inferior.

Kind of hard to justify mine being inferior when everyone is effected by the proc bug and he has more hp than me but he's dying and I'm not. A warrior, pally, pally setup may have more dps but I'll take my cleric and stay alive.

Apology

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 06:55:30 pm »

Kind of hard to justify mine being inferior when everyone is effected by the proc bug and he has more hp than me but he's dying and I'm not. A warrior, pally, pally setup may have more dps but I'll take my cleric and stay alive.

Funny

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 09:40:06 pm »

You touch my tra lala?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats