Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:39:45 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
Print
Author Topic: Assassin Quest  (Read 83373 times)
Storm

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 02, 2011, 01:35:12 pm »

Combine rank 1 scepter with another rank 1 scepter to make rank 2 scepter.
Combine rank 2 scepter with another rank 2 scepter to make rank 3 scepter.

You get a rank 1 scepter per run.  Do the math...

Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 02, 2011, 01:44:03 pm »

The reward for this is all out of whack at the lower levels.  I know the last couple of ranks are ZOMG uber, but it takes.. what rank 4 or 5? to beat a range slot item you can get from f'in QVIC.

Not to mention, rangers have zero use for this item =)  

I think the rank 3 at 1500 hp/mana beats the qvic item, that's only 4 runs.
Complete the quest 8 times and you have Rank 4, bring your whole guild and run it together and they are all golden as well at least with a far better range item then what they currently have. Make 8 more runs and your at Rank 5 4700 hp/mana not a bad reward for halfway completing the quest. The 2nd half of the quest will probably drive you nuts since you will not get a reward for your efforts for a long time.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:48:04 pm by Otaduke » Logged
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 02, 2011, 02:46:27 pm »

I think the rank 3 at 1500 hp/mana beats the qvic item, that's only 4 runs.
Complete the quest 8 times and you have Rank 4, bring your whole guild and run it together and they are all golden as well at least with a far better range item then what they currently have. Make 8 more runs and your at Rank 5 4700 hp/mana not a bad reward for halfway completing the quest. The 2nd half of the quest will probably drive you nuts since you will not get a reward for your efforts for a long time.
Er, the rewards are kind of adjusted clearly so that around later ranks it actually starts closing moreso on the stats of the final reward. Rank5 is 3% done, I wouldn't call that the "halfway". =p
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 02, 2011, 02:54:34 pm »

Rank 9 is technically "half-way"

nuska

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 02, 2011, 10:45:17 pm »

i still dont get how this is called "assassin quest" when you kill the same 10 mobs over and over again
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 03, 2011, 09:42:22 am »

Hunter would it be possible to decrease the time for the npc's to respawn after killing, perhaps put them on a 30 minute respawn?

I think they are on an hour timer and if someone is doing the quest you have no way of knowing when the npc will respawn again unless you sit and wait in the zone for a repop. Or go to the next boss only to find it is down as well and so on and so forth. It's already an enormus time sink just to do the quest with full pop's

Also can you make the instance cost on par with LDoN?
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 03, 2011, 10:12:37 am »

Hunter would it be possible to decrease the time for the npc's to respawn after killing, perhaps put them on a 30 minute respawn?

I think they are on an hour timer and if someone is doing the quest you have no way of knowing when the npc will respawn again unless you sit and wait in the zone for a repop. Or go to the next boss only to find it is down as well and so on and so forth. It's already an enormus time sink just to do the quest with full pop's

Also can you make the instance cost on par with LDoN?
You could just send a tell to the other guy and suggest that you team up, since a raid force will all get the reward. Only problem is, you'll get no benefits if you do the full run faster than 1h, since you'll end up waiting for repops.

Personally fancying the idea of adding a chance of the mobs dropping complete rank1 scepter with like a 5% chance or something; it'd make it slightly faster for one of your toons, and break the monotony a bit when you get the sparkle of joy in seeing one on the loot table. =p
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 03, 2011, 10:35:18 am »

Adding a 5% chance of completed scepter would cause some players to just bind right next to one of the mobs, and gate/kill every hour. That'd throw whoever is doing all 10 off because now at least 1 of the npcs would be perma-camped by people trying to get the completed scepter instead of the pieces.

Just what I can see happening... doesn't mean it will though.

Spuds

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2011, 01:21:50 am »

Did the 9 other Bosses get updated to give group rewards? last post i saw by hunter he was going to work on it during vaction? thanks
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)