Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:26:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Assassin Quest  (Read 83985 times)
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2010, 07:57:47 pm »

Hunter any way we can get the pieces for the quest non lore? That way we can get a an instance and stay there for the day or w.e instead of having to bounce zone to zone would be nice to do rivervale a day then go to the next the next day ect.

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
Balthor2
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2010, 08:10:29 pm »

I support this idea. Since you need to kill these bosses a lot of times it would be nice to be able to make a guild instance in one zone on a Monday and just farm it several times and then Tuesday move to another zone.

People will probably say this is a bad idea but this is going to be a serious grind and I think its not unreasonable for a guild to make a instance and just farm up several from one boss a day.
Just my opinion.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2010, 08:35:58 pm »

that is some serious grind, 6 mos worth maybe?

Poop
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2010, 08:54:57 pm »

that is some serious grind, 6 mos worth maybe?

That's probably about right. Be nice to make the events a little more difficult by adding an element then lowering the HP of the bosses. Essentially all you're doing now it just tank/spank, I afk'd for like 15 minutes on one fight today. Was boring as hell. Double the drop rate of the  quest item. That would help w/the grind but also allow you to give the item to another toon if you wanted. Of course removing the lore would have to be done if you wanted to keep both the drops on one toon. Or add this to the task system that way everyone in your group can get a quest piece when you have a kill.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 11:26:35 pm by Brianlb » Logged

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2010, 09:44:22 pm »

The average player should be able to get a mid rank over time, and the absolute hardcore players will strive to get that rank 10. Who knows, maybe someday players will have them. I remember when just about nobody had an Ultimate Charm.

I moved the Librarian in cabeast out of the building due to the Floor Teleporters not playing friendly with instances.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2010, 09:50:37 pm »

Whats the price if someone just wants to pay the money for it
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2010, 09:51:58 pm »

UC ... 800...

This.. !!! math would make that rather large..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2010, 10:19:12 pm »

Nobody can buy this item.

I just saw someone with a rank 2 already on the first day this quest was released. Grats! Only 8 more ranks to go!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Funny

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2010, 10:29:41 pm »

Not the be a pessimist, so lets point out the obvious, just 510 more runs to go!
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 01:57:55 am »

I really support the idea of lowering the HP Regen of the mob but scripting a unique fight. I like the idea that I can afk kill these mobs now but if I'm going to be at the keyboard leading a raid of guildies I would love to have a fight that requires some skillful play. What say you EZRiders?

Deadend
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 03:20:21 am »

Hunter any way we can get the pieces for the quest non lore? That way we can get a an instance and stay there for the day or w.e instead of having to bounce zone to zone would be nice to do rivervale a day then go to the next the next day ect.

Like Balthor, i support this idea !

I like farming, i like doing quest, but repeating thing (zone X toon to X, kill X, zone X toon to nexus, zone X toon to X, kill X ...) will just kill us and i not sure 0.1% of the server will get a lvl 10, i know its a super item and its not intented a lot of player get it, but can you believe the player that made it to lvl 9 will have made only half of the item ? after 256 run ? 2560 kill ? what this guys will think at this time ?
Honnestly like someone said, hardcore player will probably go to lvl 5, maybe 6 ...  i know you are going to say like usual people are complaining, they always want huge item, easy and fast, this isnt what i m saying, just saying if we can "farm" a zone for 24h and loot more than 1 item if you kindly accept to make it no lore item  Roll Eyes the instance will worth his price and maybe some player might go to lvl 8 ? ...

Please, make it no lore  Cry
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 09:29:46 am »

I think this is Hunter's "be dedicated or do without" quest!  Good luck getting the grind reduced but my feeling is it's very deliberate.  You want the end product, you're going to have to really work at it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:31:15 am by Gantrathor » Logged
ricorez

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2010, 11:20:21 am »

What zones are these guys in, are the Guild Instances 10k or 100k in most of them?

Also be interested to see how the item scales.  Does it double everytime as your effort doubles with each rank or is much less than double.

That will also decide how far people progress.
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2010, 12:37:39 am »

So I've been hitting the mob in Freeport for the better part of today.  I still haven't killed it (after 4 attempts).  My set up is as follows:
1 x War (3.0 + lvl 37 Sor + 4 x IV Anger Augs)
1 x War (3.0 + lvl 7 Sor + 4 x V Anger Augs)
1 x Pally (3.0 + lvl 42 Oracle + 2 x IV Firestikes)
1 x Pally (3.0 + lvl 6 Oracle)
1 x Ranger (3.0 + lvl 1 Guardian)
1 x Cleric (3.0 + lvl 1 Oracle)

The first time I hit him - everything crashed on my end when I got him to 2% health.  I then tried again and everyone died within 5 mins (I figured afk fighting wasn't a good idea)

Two more times (actively playing for 30 mins per attempt) -- am able to consistently get him down to 1% health and then he starts hitting HARD.  My main war (with 120k hps) gets one shotted out of nowhere.  Then he systematically cuts through the rest.  This happened both times.

I think I'm over it until all my tanks are 3.5 min.  Dunno - maybe even 4.0s?

Either way - if your idea of "an average" group is one where everyone is wielding 3.0s you may want to rethink this quest until you have better gear.

Logging off now and going to find something more productive to do with my afternoon (/rant off)
Strix

Nomras

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2010, 12:57:14 am »

well, i want to illustrate my opinion but again its either you go and do it or leave it. yes i agree but i have to say something here since i care about doing all the quests on EZ and ENJOY doing them.

i like the idea of the quest and even the grind part since thats how we obtained our UC / ROA. but killing those bosses 5000 times is crazy! even if you turn attack on and afk ! the whole setup is just too much! you will then have to wait for repops.

all i am asking is to change it in away to make it doable because i personally feel that if i can not do it nobody else will only because i play too much Cheesy

/cheer hunter new contents are highly appreciated! but c'mon dont you feel adding some salt and pepper will change it to be one of the best quests? even better than UC!

i did some calcalulations to when i will be able to obtain this items considering my capabilities and spare time to play! it is 530 days! 260 days time play!. (it is 4 x obtaining UC, ROA T4 and epic 4.0! all together for 5 characters!)

even if you said do half of the quest and enjoy the reward! but it is exactly like telling me i will give you an incomplete quest to enjoy half of it (half the fun) but guss what? i am greedy and i want all the fun from EZ!

/cheer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 82
  • Online Ever: 8678