Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:41:55 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Assassin Quest  (Read 83362 times)
Vell

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2010, 02:38:27 am »

I could see myself getting possibly to level 6 or 7, if I even do it at all (I absolutely HATE grinds) but no way in hell I would ever want to go passed that. Getting to level 7 would take me a few months and getting level 7-10 takes 8 times as long as that. If I ever acquire level 10 I think it would be a wake up call to go out and get some sun. I would prefer if the ten bosses were extremely hard to kill, required a few groups of players. a lot of strategy and you only have to kill them once per level, rather than having to kill each one 512 times. I appreciate the great item with the great stats, but I prefer a boss that pisses me off so badly that I want to throw my computer against the wall than being extremely bored for 12 months and finally getting the item. The tough boss is SO much more satisfying to finally beat. 4.0/UC/Roa/Qvic-T4 are insane grinds, how about a little challenge in order to get a nice item?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2010, 04:52:48 am »

This quest is not finished yet. Boss events will hopefully be more challenging in the future, so farm it up now while they are easy =)

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Nomras

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2010, 05:08:04 am »

lol the further we discuss the harder it becomes.

i am gonna just shhh.
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2010, 05:21:23 am »

I don't mind hard to kill mobs but making them have a ton of hps doesnt really make em hard just makes em tiresome

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
Vell

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2010, 05:24:13 am »

When they become more difficult will we still need to kill each of them 512 times for the level 10?
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2010, 08:31:59 am »

I'm killing the last boss now for my first level scepter.  Group make-up is:

Warrior : 220k hp, Epic 3.5 x 2 + four Anger IV augs
Paladin: 116k hp, Epic 3.5 (1hs) + mossy tundra stone V aug
Paladin : 112k hp, Epic 3.5 (2hs) + sharpening stone V & Firestrike IV augs
Paladin: 99k hp, Epic 3.5 (2hs) + sharpening stone V aug
Ranger: 101k hp, Epic 3.5 bow + Mossy Tundra V aug
Ranger: 74k hp, Epic 3.5 bow + Mossy Tundra V aug

About the only time the warrior is in trouble is if I miss Enrage, otherwise I can AFK it.  The fights take 40 - 45 minutes with this group.
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2010, 11:03:02 am »

So I've been hitting the mob in Freeport for the better part of today.  I still haven't killed it (after 4 attempts).  My set up is as follows:
1 x War (3.0 + lvl 37 Sor + 4 x IV Anger Augs)
1 x War (3.0 + lvl 7 Sor + 4 x V Anger Augs)
1 x Pally (3.0 + lvl 42 Oracle + 2 x IV Firestikes)
1 x Pally (3.0 + lvl 6 Oracle)
1 x Ranger (3.0 + lvl 1 Guardian)
1 x Cleric (3.0 + lvl 1 Oracle)

The first time I hit him - everything crashed on my end when I got him to 2% health.  I then tried again and everyone died within 5 mins (I figured afk fighting wasn't a good idea)

Two more times (actively playing for 30 mins per attempt) -- am able to consistently get him down to 1% health and then he starts hitting HARD.  My main war (with 120k hps) gets one shotted out of nowhere.  Then he systematically cuts through the rest.  This happened both times.

I think I'm over it until all my tanks are 3.5 min.  Dunno - maybe even 4.0s?

Either way - if your idea of "an average" group is one where everyone is wielding 3.0s you may want to rethink this quest until you have better gear.

Logging off now and going to find something more productive to do with my afternoon (/rant off)
Strix

Strix. The reason you wipe at 1% is that at 3% he enrages.

Simply turn off attack on your MT and let your pallys heal you. He only enrages for 30 seconds or so.
I was surprised to find out he enraged as these mobs are the first that im aware of on EZ that do this. It made me smile actually and happy that I actually read the spam that flys by in the window.

GL in the future

Deadend
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2010, 11:16:54 am »

I really feel like 9 months ago when I got into t2 those bosses enraged.  I haven't noticed it recently but I remember it pretty clearly back then.
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2010, 11:25:17 am »

Either way - if your idea of "an average" group is one where everyone is wielding 3.0s you may want to rethink this quest until you have better gear.

Logging off now and going to find something more productive to do with my afternoon (/rant off)
Strix

Thanks for the report, glad I didnt even try. Sounds like you saved me a hell of a lot of time. 
ricorez

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2010, 12:42:11 pm »

What about taking their HP down and their difficulty down some and making it similar to Rathe Council from PoP and you have to kill all 10 within a small time frame and increase spawn time on them.
You could have only 1 mob drop the quest item each time.
If your looking to make a quest require extra people the best way is to spread them out.

I am biased as that event was one of my favorites for what it required.

Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2010, 01:43:50 pm »

Yeah, Rathe Council was a lot of fun.

Mobs did enrage some time ago, however a code problem was causing some problems and enrage was removed from all mobs as a fix.  These bosses are the first to re-introduce it. that I've seen.
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2010, 03:46:39 pm »

Strix. The reason you wipe at 1% is that at 3% he enrages.

Simply turn off attack on your MT and let your pallys heal you. He only enrages for 30 seconds or so.

Thanks Deadend - will give that a try.  Been a while since I fought a mob that enrages - so used to just muscling through fights.  Cheesy

Strix

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2010, 03:56:32 pm »

Thanks for the report, glad I didnt even try. Sounds like you saved me a hell of a lot of time. 

Hey Gunther - I hope my frustrated ramblings above don't put you off having a go.  Yes it was a time sink - but I've been thinking about it ever since and am chomping at the bit to have another crack.  I feel that my setup is perhaps the bare minimum requirement and at that 50/50 line which means the ride is just that much more fun at the moment.  Yes, I'm wiping - but wiping at 1% health is just that carrot too close!! 

Strix

slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2010, 04:19:33 pm »

I think you are more then capable of finishing the fight.
I would say the minimum set up would be.
3.0 war ~135k
3.0 Pal oracle lvl 21
3.0 Pal oracle lvl 11

I'm 90% sure you could kill these mobs with this set up. Sure it would take you 2 hours but it's certainly possible.

These mobs don't hit that hard or fast. The aoe isnt really anything to worry about. It's really all about dps.

If you want to have a easy go at this. Just have the above min covered and dump in a ass ton of dps. Blamo success.

I say if it's not difficult it's not worth doing!

Deadend
nuska

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2010, 04:37:01 pm »

be cool if this quest started off in time, ldon, qvic, tacvi, t1, t2, t3, t4. once it gets to t4 status it could equal roa 100. For further ranks, could use zones not used and make the mobs much harder like you are wanting. I think the average player could use a new range upgrade instead of using qvic range.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)