Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:59:35 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Assassin Quest  (Read 84457 times)
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2010, 05:38:56 pm »

I think you are more then capable of finishing the fight.
I would say the minimum set up would be.
3.0 war ~135k
3.0 Pal oracle lvl 21
3.0 Pal oracle lvl 11

Now that's very cool!  Always good to know the min specs!!  Would you say that this config could cover all 10 bosses?

slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2010, 05:55:00 pm »

I can't say for certain as I haven't killed all ten yet but the few I have killed haven't varied all that much.
I will keep you posted as I'm planning on knocking out a few more tonight.

Deadend
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2010, 08:10:00 pm »

The difference in bosses isn't all that large.  All have similar HP, all do similar damage.  The librarian in Cabilis has an aoe, the clockwork in Ak'Anon has a stun/mild knock back, the gal in Halas does a gravity flux (real pita...I killed her in the water to offset it), the Sentinel in Erudin roots.  They're pretty much a lenghthy tank -n- spank. 
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2010, 01:59:40 am »

Maybe some shout kills to spice it up?

Seriously though, might add some more guards in the area, so there are like adds.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2010, 03:06:32 am »

so there are like adds.

When you say "like" adds - I assume you mean that the adds would be of equal hps and difficulty to kill? 

Wow - not sure those min specs would cut that kind of fight.  I'm getting the feeling Hunter that you're leaning towards this quest being designed as a "High End" quest?  Very cool concept given the amount of people saying there is no content on the high end.  Certainly adding "like adds" would ensure that an average geared player (at this point in time) would find this quest very tough (if not impossible).

Back to farming for me Cheesy
Strix

Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2010, 08:07:47 am »

Thanks for the report, glad I didnt even try. Sounds like you saved me a hell of a lot of time. 

Hey Gunther - I hope my frustrated ramblings above don't put you off having a go. 

Nah, it wasn’t your post that is discouraging me. After reading all the posts regarding the quest I realize that although the end result is a very nice item, it’s not doable for me at this time. Over the last few months I have really surprised myself at what my tiny little band of toons can tackle with a little effort. But even if I did go and spend 40 minutes and defeat one of these bosses that still leaves 9 more to go and the end result is not that great at rank 1.

It’s a high end players item. I have a long way to go before investing in it. Your post just saved me from being disappointed had I been able to beat the mob or not.

Sounds like it just gonna get tougher too, forget that.
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2010, 08:34:09 am »

There was something I forgot to mention in my above post. When this quest was first announced it was worded to sound as if it was going to be a raid event.

When I think of raiding I think of events like the Thanksgiving event (never mind the crappy reward, that’s another subject altogether) where lots of people get together, group up and achieve a common goal and get a reward.

Does anyone remember the goblin mission in Highpass on EQ live? Tons of people in zone LFG to complete the mini event. At the end of the event everyone in the group got a reward on their cursor if they survived the event. Those mini quests solved several problems for EQ at the time, it was a nice change of pace, there was a nice reward and it encouraged groups again, well at least untill the reward got nerfed.

Sounds like these bosses drop 1 item at a time. That not an incentive to group/raid with others.
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2010, 08:53:01 am »

Maybe some shout kills to spice it up?

Seriously though, might add some more guards in the area, so there are like adds.

Or maybe make it so the Name mob/adds becomes immune to a certain type of damage for a period of time and so on. Slashing,blunt, piercing, and or spell damage. Maybe even take it a step further and make it so the Name mob/adds will call out a class type that it will be immune too (Fighters,scouts,mages,Healer). Maybe make it so when the Name mob/adds calls the healers the Name npc/add would do an aoe mana drain..LoL if that doesn't get everyone playing each class i don't know what will. LOL Just some thoughts. Enjoy  Grin

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:09:25 am by Cracken » Logged
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2010, 11:08:08 am »

Hunter thanks for reading! I don't want you got get the idea the quest is easy as it stands. I feel it's anything but. The time sink is nearly beyond measure. The minimum specs I listed above were conceivable but my no means a efficient method of completing an event. My estimates of 2hours per kill are more realistic than you might imagine. These mobs have insane amounts of hp regen.

Quick idea i just though of. What about making a side quest with uber bane weapons you can get for the fights! Make them crafted from the crafters guild. Kind of like seru.
Hmm I will think more on this one.

Deadend

Apology

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2010, 07:13:57 pm »

If you have a masterful DPS setup, you can kill these in 20-30 each minutes making;

* Rank 4 - 28 hours
* Rank 5 - 56 hours
* Rank 6 - 122 hours
* Rank 7 - 224 hours

I appreciate that this event should be done over six or twelve months, but the exponential growth
required for further ranks is very unattractive considering how plain these encounters are.

If you have to keep the time sink element, spread it out in a more interesting way.

Make random city NPCs be placeholders for the boss.
Make us do some short quest or task to spawn the boss with a turn-in.

Do things like this to create the time sink element you want -- but lower boss health so the event
is both (a) more interesting and (b) available to more people.

Apology, 70 Ranger. Jeddas, 70 SK.
Rostam

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2010, 09:50:32 pm »

EZ's content stopped at T1-T2 i've said it many times.

everything passed T2 has been an attempt at prolonging server's longevity and it has not succeeded.

there's no creativity, no direction and a lack of design ability.

from avatar farm fest to gem combine click fest and now this, zero content.

this is just another way to hold people over for T5.

honestly if the content (if you can call it that) passed T2 is any indication i'm not holding my breath for T5.

man why does this post sound like a rant? lol it's not meant to be, it's just built up frustration i guess and calling a spade a spade.

I don't know what Hunter's abilities are when it comes to creating content, i mean other than placing a mob somewhere and adding a custom made loot to its table, i'm assuming someone else writes the scripts and whoever that person is stopped contributing a long time ago?

I hope the direction on EZ changes for the better soon. i like playing here but a lot of people like me ran out of things to do a while ago.
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2010, 10:51:04 pm »

man why does this post sound like a rant? lol it's not meant to be, it's just built up frustration i guess and calling a spade a spade.

I hear you. And it doesn't strike me as a rant, but just as you said frustration.

I've had fun here for the last year but as everyone told me "wait till you hit....." is slowly becoming reality. 

This new more of the same didn't help any. I'm hoping future content can break up some of the grind and make the grinding worth it.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2010, 10:55:58 pm »

And the villagers are looking for their pitchforks and torches, saw it comin awhile back. Cry  Yall are one of the best if not the best community I've been a part of.  Like I said last week, you deserve the best  and should stand up and demand it.  If you are'nt satisfied with whats happening take Hunter's  advice and go somewhere else/play a different class.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:59:42 pm by Gnaughty » Logged

Poop
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2010, 04:13:13 am »

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

On T3/4 would random mini bosses that drop cyan-purple stones help? PH and/or random trash kill spawns? Might lower boss req by 1 color too. Shadow script still a top priority.

Might add code to assassin bosses that whole group gets item on cursor + 1 to loot.

This will hopefully be more fun and streamline for T5.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Apology

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2010, 05:40:41 am »

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

On T3/4 would random mini bosses that drop cyan-purple stones help? PH and/or random trash kill spawns? Might lower boss req by 1 color too. Shadow script still a top priority.

Might add code to assassin bosses that whole group gets item on cursor + 1 to loot.

This will hopefully be more fun and streamline for T5.

I like all these ideas. 

Minis wouldn't just add speed where speed is needed, they might make the stone farming more interesting.

And the assassin idea is sharp -- it gives players incentive to group up on these bosses (fun) and opens up the potential for nearly
everyone to participate.

Apology, 70 Ranger. Jeddas, 70 SK.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64986
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 69