Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 08:06:44 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rule Clarification  (Read 5875 times)
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2011, 11:30:22 am »

I spent last night trying to explain the NO TRAIN rule to a certain player in LDON. It was agonizing. They didn't believe me, they said "warriors have been training since forever" they said "there is no yellow text so it ok to train". I replied with the rules and the link to the message board. They said ldon is different.

Honestly this would be so much easier if we just had a line somewhere. Keep it to ten mobs at a time in ldon or risk getting caught and banned if you get reported.

It was a long conversation. I like to think unlike the majority of people in the gaming world outside of ezserver, we are a patient tolerant group willing and hoping to help the community. My efforts were to educate rather than grief the young warrior. But sadly after an hour or so the unnamed warrior still thought I was bullshitting and logged. I have a bunch of SS that would be proof beyond doubt, but I won't post then up yet. I'm hoping this young warrior will read this and know once and for all. Don't over pull ldon if there is some one else in the zone with you.

It's a custom zone so therefore falls under the NO TRAINS clause.

Deadend
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 11:52:49 am »

Try to explain it but if people will not learn, just fraps them and post it (and tell them a video is on the forums showing them doing this).

If you spent a long time trying to explain this to someone ruining your time in an ldon then you have more patience than I do.
Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 11:56:14 am »

I like to think unlike the majority of people in the gaming world outside of ezserver, we are a patient tolerant group willing and hoping to help the community.

I used to this think was true, until recently.  Kudos to you for actually attempting to do right when someone is - to their ignorance/stupidity - are doing wrong. 

If these offending person(s) are refusing your advice, then these are most likely bad apples and need to be picked off.

But really, thank you for trying to make a difference, instead of lashing away at any noob that joins this server in attempts to get them banned.
Drasnik

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 12:11:05 pm »

/agree

It is nice to see someone try to handle problems in a polite and courteous manner. Few people know how to do that so i applaud you, good sir. It's just too bad that the person in question here refused to listen.

Also Lintrix, thank you for your comments on the dupise thread. if you ever need help with anything ingame, feel free to send me a tell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 12:44:10 pm »

its kind of amusing you posted this

maybe you should educate your guild also?

i was in ldons recently charm farming.. i usually stay in instance 1/2
your guild members are the only ones i saw training more than 10 mobs

i don't say anything any more i just fraps then if you really piss me off i will send them in
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 08:58:00 pm »

its kind of amusing you posted this

maybe you should educate your guild also?

i was in ldons recently charm farming.. i usually stay in instance 1/2
your guild members are the only ones i saw training more than 10 mobs

i don't say anything any more i just fraps then if you really piss me off i will send them in

PM with name and any info you have on the mater I will educate anyone accordingly. I do not fear swinging the Guild Remove hammer.

Deadend
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 10:41:28 pm »

See this is why he needs to add BIG YELLOW TEXT to ldons as well... I actually never realized it didn't have it until recently..  Not everyone comes here and reads the rules thread  -- yes their own fault, still wouldn't hurt to add "NO TRAINS OVER 10 IN ANY LDON" to the zone motd.

barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 11:00:03 pm »

See this is why he needs to add BIG YELLOW TEXT to ldons as well... I actually never realized it didn't have it until recently..  Not everyone comes here and reads the rules thread  -- yes their own fault, still wouldn't hurt to add "NO TRAINS OVER 10 IN ANY LDON" to the zone motd.

The rule is no trains over 10 in any custom zone(I know you know, just sayin).  LDONs are custom zones.  You don't need big yellow text you need to just read the rules(not saying you have not, but for the newbs).

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Rostam

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 04:58:28 am »

right, no more than 10 mobs.

which means when i'm 12 boxing i can pull 120 mobs and still be within rules.

Carry on. Grin

ps: it wasn't me in LDON, i'm just here cuz i'm bored.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 05:19:55 am »

Not trying to pick an arguement or anything but more to clarify for anyone else who comes along... it isn't 10 per toon you are playing. If reported, pulling more than 10 mobs can get you banned, no matter how many toons you are playing or grouped with.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)