Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:34:47 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SoF+ weapons for Titanium Clients  (Read 14174 times)
Drezden

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2011, 11:54:30 am »

All these SS below are on a modified titanium client. What I would like to know is are these some of the weapons folks with Titanium clients cant view? Theres so many I don't remember whats what between clients. What I did was set the variable in my item viewer to 70+, figuring anything at least above 75+ was SoF and higher. If I'm wrong please correct me,I will go try again. Some I'm pretty sure are not on titan client thought.

I only did a test on warrior weapons, haven't tried any other classes. I didn't want to get to deep into it till I was sure these weapons I was trying to test couldn't be viewed on titan client.

Thanks!

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:56:32 am »

Also if you have any suggestion of weapons I should look at, let me know name or ID. Georges weapon viewer shows them, but I cant figure out the ID's for them without just looking through 100's trying to find them.

I would test them all if need be and I thought for a second this would get used.

edit: The particles show better in game than what the SS turn out also.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:11:05 pm by Drezden » Logged
Dragonmist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 12:10:56 pm »

Not sure what you were asking exactly lol but:

Those are mostly Molds from Station Cash and TBS/TSS
TBS-Solteris
TSS-Ashengate
TSS-Frostcrypt

Picture 1-Ashengate TSS 12th Expansion
Picture 2-Old-Graphic started in PoP(5th Expansion PoTime)
Picture 3-Solteris TBS 13th Expansion w/ Station Cash Mold
Picture 4-Solteris TBS 13th Expansion
Picture 5-Frostcrypt-TSS12th Expansion
Picture 6-Valdeholm Raid-TSS 12th Expansion
Picture 7-Valdeholm Station Cash Ashengate Wep Graphic
Picture 8-Valdeholm Station Cash Solteris Wep Graphic
Picture 9-Valdeholm Raid-TSS 12th Expansion
Picture 10-Old-Graphic started in PoP(5th Expansion PoEarth)

So Since Titanium was old I would say they only see Picture 2 and Picture 10 Graphics and that other 8 would be random other graphics or Default. Such as Titanium showing Human graphics for PoD/HoH/PoG until spell file is updated?

WAR-Warfiend
SK-Ciera
PAL-Fevein
PAL-Zelera
PAL-Kordel
RNG-Dragonmist
ROG-Consealed
WIZ-Zeldraco
BER-Shadeis
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 12:14:56 pm »

I'm trying to add weapons currently not available to titan clients. All I need to know is if these are post Titan. If some of the ones I show in the SS are post Titan, then the mod works.

I just went of the required level for the weapon,thinking anything past 75+ would not be in titan client.

I mean titan only goes up to PoR or DoD expansion right? Anything past that should not be in titan client?

It does however have issues with some weapons,but most I found work.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:18:54 pm by Drezden » Logged
Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 12:48:26 pm »

I believe #2 and #10 are already currently used in game.  #2 looks a lot like that time mace that drops in BoF on EZ and #10 looks a lot like the weapon Avatar of Earth uses.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 01:10:27 pm »

Figures haha..if georges weapon viewer had ID's I could do some I know titan does not have,it shows SoF wepaons. Oh well..might dig through the 1000's and try to find them..
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 01:15:50 pm »

heres the link to the mod if anyone else would like to jump on this with me lol.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32835&highlight=weapons

You can go all the way to HoT if you wanted, but on EZ I see no reason to, only need to get titan clients up to SoD at most.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 06:46:14 pm »

Ok based of the titan box,it says original EQ + 10 expansions..which from wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest says anything above DoD should not be in titan globals.

Going to work of that assumption. So anything TBS or TSS you see in above SS means mod works to a point. Some weapons do have fubar'd gfx, some show blackened out. But I'd say 80% of what I looked at worked fine. Its not like we need 1000's new weapons..100 would be fine for some change and give Hunter new choices.

Will post more SS as I work thru some of the ID's trying to find nice weapons.

Also I used my SoD client as the "updated" version for the new gfx,I do have a fully patched version but see no reason to add more than what we need. The way I'm using it only means Titan user will have to download a gfx pack and not everyone.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:49:13 pm by Drezden » Logged
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 10:17:55 pm »

Here are some more, I used allakhazam as a reference for the gfx and to find weapons in SoD, SoF high end raid zones. The thing I noticed is purple hue weapons don't show the particles but the weapon looks fine. Also I couldn't find any lances that worked. Everything else seemed fine, some particles didn't show but the wepaons themselves still looked good.

I didn't go through every weapon in the game, my eyes are bleeding as is. But do I think it would be worth doing? A definite YES ! Non particle weapons, i'd say 90%, worked and looked great! There are enough working that I think it would be worth the effort and would offer many good choices for PC and NPC alike.

I know I'm missing alot of the good weapons,but its kinda hard finding them lol. Post names,links,IDs, anything to help dig them out and I'll find them !

if you think these are defaulting let me know,like I said everything here except bows I checked against alla's posted pics.

this one below flowed lava perfectly:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:20:24 pm by Drezden » Logged
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 10:35:12 pm »

For up to SoD weapons,I went up to

<TextureInfo item="dragitem67.tga">
      <Size>
         <CX>256</CX>
         <CY>256</CY>
      </Size>
   </TextureInfo>

as this was all offered in SoD ui folder. I also only went as far as

<Frames>
         <Texture>dragitem67.tga</Texture>
         <Location>
            <X>0</X>
            <Y>0</Y>
         </Location>
         <Size>
            <CX>256</CX>
            <CY>256</CY>
         </Size>
         <Hotspot>
            <X>0</X>
            <Y>0</Y>
         </Hotspot>
         <Duration>1000</Duration>
      </Frames>

and for the global only used

2,0,TFFF,porequip.eqg,Loading PoR Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFF,tssequip.eqg,Loading TSS Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFF,tbsequip.eqg,Loading TBS Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFF,sofequip.eqg,Loading SOF Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFF,sodequip.eqg,Loading SOD Character Equipment Files

and only copied over

porequip.eqg
tssequip.eqg
tbsequip.eqg
sofequip.eqg
sodequip.eqg

edit:
 To make it even easier,but would limit some of the weapons,you could only go as far as SoF. That way only titan clients would need the gfx pack. I don't have SoF so I couldn't work off of whats available in its client,the dragitems and such.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:42:57 pm by Drezden » Logged
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 05:45:49 pm »

I uploaded the files I used to modify my Titanium client for download if other want to try it out. Its up to SoD, so Titan and SoF users will both have to update. Any problems let me know.

All the credit for this goes to Caryatis over at eqemu. I only packaged and done the copy/pasting lol.

http://rapidshare.com/files/446936187/Titanium_GFX_Pack.zip

Also this should not interfere or mess up anything with your client for EZ. Although I suggest copying Titan to a new folder and testing it there to be on the safe side.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 05:51:39 pm by Drezden » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64986
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 69
  • Online Ever: 8678