Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 07:53:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Which DPS caster augment do you like best? (sec description below)  (Voting closed: April 11, 2011, 02:19:01 pm)
Sympathetic Proc - 5 (62.5%)
Mana Restore Proc - 3 (37.5%)
Next Spell Instant - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Caster Augment Poll  (Read 7085 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:19:01 pm »

Ok, I'm just curious on opinions to caster-DPS augments.

Sympathetic Proc:
Essentially this is a chance to proc damage spell. When casting a matching spell (in this case, a harmful spell.

An example could be: 25% chance per cast to proc (1000/2500/5000/7500/10000) unresistable DD. 1

Mana Restore Proc:
This would restore a percentage (or set amount) of mana back on proc. It would probably be best to proc a percentage, as a set amount for some would be useless to high mana users but game breaking to low mana users. To prevent dumb luck from breaking this proc, it would have to be over a duration (albeit small one).

An example could be: 15% chance to restore (3/5/7/10/15)% of player's total mana over 7-10 seconds.

Next Spell Instant:
This is pretty obvious. Chance to proc next spell to have cast time of 0.0. This might be used on any spell.

An example could be: (3/5/7/9/12)% chance to cause next spell to be instant cast.

Now, opinion spam...

A) The Sympathetic Proc may be the easiest to implement and control. This would give a base chance for static damage. The downside is DoT casters would not benefit as much from this as a DPS DD caster might (ex: necro versus wizard).

B) Mana Restore Proc would benefit higher end players that actually spam nukes, specifically the wizard. It would benefit any mage that nuke spams (although I understand that mage/necro just spam pet heal at high end sadly), enchanter nukes (if such a thing exists), and pretty much any harmful damage spell cast. The downside is that it wouldn't truly benefit anyone other than true caster DPS atm.

C) Next Spell Instant is similar to the Mana Restore Proc. It would add the ability to instantly drop DoTs for our DoTspambots, but the problem comes back to the caster resist chance being insanely too high. However, this would open up the ability for casters to drop in a quick AoE, DoT on the move, or some other form of harmful loving. Again, the downside is most pet classes really won't be using this too often as I understand they are really just healers at end game.

I believe that the Sympathetic Proc is the best bet for adding a legitimate caster augment.

NOTE: Regardless of which is chosen, a resist chance reduction SHOULD BE BAKED INTO EACH RANK. Let the resist chance reduction scale with augment level.

-Hate

1 - I am not sure of the melee augments' proc chances. If the proc chance is 100%, then obviously match it. However, if the proc chance is say 50%, the caster proc chance should be SLIGHTLY higher as there are less casts per fight than melee hits.

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 03:42:04 pm »

I like the mana regen proc idea... At high end the problem is keeping mana... This would be some help...

Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:55:10 pm »

ya, or maybe make it proc Gift of Mana? that would be nice as well, I say if it is gift of mana proc tho make it so it doesn't proc so often, like a negative proc rate modifier on it Smiley

Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 08:16:06 pm »

ya, or maybe make it proc Gift of Mana? that would be nice as well, I say if it is gift of mana proc tho make it so it doesn't proc so often, like a negative proc rate modifier on it Smiley

Well this might not work as you think... There is already the AA gift of mana if they proc at the same time would be a waste.. A pure mana regen that would stack on top of any AA or any other buffs you would get more out of.

Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 09:57:52 pm »

A wizard doesn't get gift of mana as often as you think since they mainly only cast the t3 spell. That's what i was thinking about, i know the poll says casters, but honestly what class runs out of mana other than wizards? Smiley

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 10:09:36 pm »

Who else plays a dps caster and why when afk SK/War/Pal is 10x easier?

-Hate

P.S. - The answer is options. Even if weak ones, if some one feels like they have options, they feel free. Limit choices and see what happens Undecided

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 12:05:14 am »

Ahh Hatebourne, you caught me off-guard on that poll. Loving my casters, now all of them, I would personally like to see code written for all 3. Maybe even a chance to regain full mana effect, be it a small chance, but I would lvoe to see it.

Right now not having my casters uc'd, they suck on spells, the pets own everything and im lucky to land 25-50k, except for wizard, but they especially need a mana bar aug, something with a chance on spell crit to gain full mana and continue destruction.

Maybe for necro/mages that first aug would work, over all others, cause mana is not an issue with a T2+ necro/mage, especially with 4.0. But would rock to see them have an aug so when they cast their crap DD spell maybe it double procs or triple procs on %/chance... turning an otherwise sucky 15k dd crit into 45k. Just something to make people want to cast rather then afk pet kill.

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 07:50:06 am »

I was gonna say same thing Light lol..why pick just one? make all 3 available and put in the resist rate effect somewhere. maybe an AA that procs like GoM making your next few spells harder to resist or totally un-resistible .
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 02:01:13 pm »

A) The Sympathetic Proc may be the easiest to implement and control. This would give a base chance for static damage. The downside is DoT casters would not benefit as much from this as a DPS DD caster might (ex: necro versus wizard).

You do realize you can make a separate aug along with it or possibly just add a second effect that casts a dot when a player casts a dot right?
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 02:38:24 pm »

You do realize you can make a separate aug along with it or possibly just add a second effect that casts a dot when a player casts a dot right?

Do you realize that this is a 3yr old post? Lot has changed with the spell file since then along with augs n procs..
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 03:00:06 pm »

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84