Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:23:45 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Please upgrade to SoD+  (Read 104476 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2011, 03:27:44 pm »

Please get a copy of Underfoot Client.

Hello everyone! I think the time is come to move on from Titanium. We have a lot of content already that is 100% compatible with Titanium, but future content will most likely be for SoD and higher. Actually, try to skip SoD and just get Underfoot. This will allow you to see and use new content in the future including new custom spells, new weapon graphics, and new zones. Suggested to get Underfoot.

In the future we might have 2 different spell files, one for Titanium, and one for SoD+ due to Titanium having a 9999 limit on spell ids.

Weapon Graphics. There is a way for both Titanium and SoD+ to upgrade their weapon graphic files so they can see all the new weapon graphics. I won't be able to host the actual files. I am assuming you'll need to get a copy of Underfoot client, or find someone that has the files, so that specific graphic files can be added to your Titanium or SoD. If you have Underfoot Client, then you shouldn't need to worry about the weapon graphic files, so get Underfoot! Its faster! And you'll get to visit more zones, and see more weapon graphics.

Your best bet is to just download Underfoot from Steam.

It seems there are so many benefits from upgrading your client, that it would be stupid not to do it. Here is a link explaining the different client benefits:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ClientFeatures

And below is a copy / paste of info on that linked page, just in case.

Each client that is compatible with EQEmu offers a different list of available features. Titanium is considered the base client for EQEmu, so its features are not listed here currently. For each later client, they include all features from their list as well as all features from previous clients unless noted otherwise.

Added in SoF:
1. 8 more bank slots for a total of 24 bank slots instead of the normal 16 from Titanium (tons of extra space).
2. Group member location markers on your in-game map (if you turn it on)
3. 60 page spell book (Titanium book is only 50 pages)
4. Better game lighting so you can actually see when playing human/barbarians/etc.
5. New Drakkin playable Race
6. 80 new zones
7. 250+ new weapon models
8. New Power Source Slot
9. Heroic Stats and Resists as well as other new stats like Heal Amount, BS Damage, Spell Damage, Etc.
10. Client handles level 70-75+ properly, where Titanium skills do not show up correctly.
11. 600+ New Item Icons
12. 113 new NPC Races
13. 10 Character Slots at Character Select as apposed to 8 in Titanium
14. The Loot All option now works when looting corpses.
15. Not restricted to a max spell ID of 9999 like Titanium is, which means that reaching higher levels with full spells is possible.
16. Zoning time is generally noticeably faster.
17. Updated classic textures. (Zones from Classic-Velious had their texture's modified to be 'clearer' and less fuzzy or pixelated. Making environments look much nicer even in old world zones)
18. Blocked Buffs feature allows buffs to be specified to be blocked.

Added in SoD:
1. The Group Window now shows Mana and Endurance bars for each of your party members in addition to the HP and Pet HP.
2. Dozens of new zones, new NPC races, hundreds of new weapon models and item icons.
3. Zoning time is generally noticeably faster.
4. SoD is more stable than SoF (by far) and even Titanium.
5. SoD has better multi-boxing support than SoF and Titanium, at least for Multi-Core CPU systems.
6. Platinum no longer adds weight to your character.
7. You can now see the buffs that other players have on them in the target buff window.
8. Most UIs (from 2009 to now work) with SoD with little to no extra changes needed.
5. You can now copy the UI setup from one character to another from in-game. This means you set 1 character up perfectly, and all of your other chars can just copy it.
6. You can set the frame rate of EQ windows running in the background, which makes boxing performance considerably nicer depending on how you set it.
7. You can re-size your window size to any size by stretching it like SoF, but in SoD, you can also lock the size so you don't accidentally re-size it.
8. SoD has multi-core support and works very well with modern PC hardware. It sets your first instance of EQ to only use 1 CPU core, and if you start a second instance of EQ, it sets it to the next available CPU core and so on, so it helps balance CPU load when multiboxing.
9. WinEQ is obsolete in SoD.
10. Facial features while using illusions works perfectly, where previous clients have minor issues with them.
11. Levitate no longer causes you to bob up and down and instead you just float there.
12. Holding down left click can now be used to rotate around your character while in 3rd person view, just like most current MMOs allow.
13. Revamped AA window (compresses AAs into 4 tabs. General/Archtype/Class/Special)
14. Blind no longer removes the UI.
15. Revamped item windows (clearer layout and the names of equip-able items are displayed in Red (if you can't equip) or Green (If you can equip) which takes into account your class/race/deity and level. Prevents the ever popular "Opps I looted it and can't use it LOL sorry" mistakes.)
16. Group leader's names are highlighted in green (If you're the leader your name in your personal info box, Alt+C, will be green.)
17. Higher Base HP/Mana/Endurance (scales with level) due to a change in the base HP/Mana/Endurance formulas.
18. Can equip items with level requirements at any level (However you get no benefits and if it's a weapon attacking something says the mob is 'invulnerable' and you can't use procs/clickies/focuses.)

Added in Underfoot:
1. Loads models/races etc much more efficiently. Drastically reducing RAM/CPU usage.
2. Revamped pet window. (Is now fully resizable and allows you to tie ANY pet commands into the hotbuttons, which there are now 14 hotbuttons on the window total, including AA commands such as /pet hold allowing you to save space on your hotbutton bars. Do this by right clicking a hotbutton and selecting a command from the pop-up window. New commands become available as AAs are purchased.)
3. In-Inventory Stats Tab that provides a very detailed breakdown of all character stats.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 01:06:46 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 04:01:37 pm »

Awesome news Hunter!  This will go a long ways to improving the experience here on EZ.

For those looking for the a newer client Steam has HoT for $20.  Possibly cheaper during the upcoming black Friday sale.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24220/?snr=1_4_4__13

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 09:43:59 pm »

After I don't know how many years, I decided to make my old account on live active again, just for giggles to see whats changed on live, etc.

I downloaded Underfoot with Steam. Then I copied an the un-patched Underfoot folder to a different folder.

Don't worry about any auto patching. The download from Steam will not update your client until after you download it, then run LaunchPad.exe, and log in with an active account. So until you log in Everquest with an active Sony account, it won't update yet. Copy the un-patched download to a different (backup) folder before logging in to do the EQLive patch.

You can log in with a FREE trial account to get the updates!

Then I patched the Underfoot in the steam folder, and mass copied all EQLive Patched Underfoot files into the un-patched folder, and selected to NOT over write any files, which can be done like this:

Select all files in the EQLive patched folder, and copy/paste them into the un-patched Underfoot folder. Then when prompted if you want to replace existing files, just set it to say no to all, so only the missing files will be copied. Then manually copy and replace the dbstr_us.txt file.

... then ...

I got the info from the link above from other people pointing us in the right direction.

The un-patched Underfoot folder + copied files ended up having 34 more files than the EQLive Patched Folder, and now has size 8.05 GB on un-patched folder vs 8.04 GB on EQLive Patched folder.

Don't forget to copy EZ Server files into the folder too.

Then, I wasn't able to log in. Found out that eqhost.txt needs to have 5999 instead of 5998.

Also, if your a GM, then don't forget your cshome files, omg I noobed it up and crashed.

I got in now, YAY! Loading times seem faster too.

Found an updated MQ2 version here : http://mqemulator.net/downloads.php
(Don't forget to run as administrator to make it work)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 01:02:18 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 11:43:56 pm »

Another guild how to get the missing files for the default download of Underfoot:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=UFMissingFilesList

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Underfoot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 11:53:17 pm »

I see a copy of Underfoot here:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6163195/Everquest_Underfoot_%28Steam%29

and here:

http://bitsnoop.com/hot-eqemu-q26055039.html

Haven't tested either of them yet. I'm sure there are more out there as well.

barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 12:43:51 am »

I use uTorrent.  When I try to download a file, it starts downloading, then after about 20 seconds I get temporarily lose connection to the internet.. Do I need to into my router settings and forward the port that I'm using to download with uTorrent?

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 01:50:32 am »

Very Cool Stuff Added in Underfoot:

Loads models/races etc much more efficiently. Drastically reducing RAM/CPU usage.
In-Inventory Stats Tab that provides a very detailed breakdown of all character stats.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 02:15:31 am »

I use uTorrent.  When I try to download a file, it starts downloading, then after about 20 seconds I get temporarily lose connection to the internet.. Do I need to into my router settings and forward the port that I'm using to download with uTorrent?
Someone mentioned in game that you can sign up for a free trial account and download UF, not sure of thats the UF version needed but worth a shot.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 09:18:10 am »

Followed this all step by step, even moved the missing files one by one. At server select screen it is saying i have 0 of 0 expansions, when i click play it immediately blacks out eq and doesnt do anything after that.

Any clue?
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 09:21:29 am »

http://tiny.cc/kt52s Underfoot missing files help.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:49:28 am by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 11:47:25 am »

About to test Hunters post on a 2nd pc to see if it works. If not the new expansion has fubar'd that download up for us to be able to use. I'll post as soon as the other one is done.
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 12:05:05 pm »

Will the anniversary edition work or is it too old? The box has no listing of what exspansion it has on it.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 12:52:29 pm »

I think Anniversary is way old, and would not have the weapon graphics or zone files required for future content.

As far as my test for Underfoot, just a recap of what I actually did:

• Used steam to download Underfoot.
  • Copied that everquest folder in Steam folder to a different folder, to keep an un-patched version.
  • Clicked LaunchPad.exe in the Steam/Everquest folder and used an Active Live Account to patch Underfoot. I am told a Trial account works too if you don't have an Active Live Account.
  • Then copied ALL files/folders from everquest in the Steam patched to the un-patched everquest folder, and said NO to overwrite files. This way it copied only the missing files.

Now, don't forget the correct port number in eqhost.txt needs to be 5999 instead of 5998:

Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5999

And don't forget EZ Server files (Spells / Zone Graphics)

It should work with that. It worked for me.

I made redundant backups. I have a:

• Copy of Underfoot before patch
  • Copy of Underfoot after patch
  • Copy of Underfoot without patch, but copied over missing files
  • Copy of previous copy for my actual playing, to so previous copy doesn't get modified from player ini, ui, etc

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 12:55:25 pm »

I think i found the problem Hunter. From the looks of it you downloaded from steam on the 13th. I checked my dbg and found this on the first line

Code:
[Wed Nov 16 11:35:10 2011]00000:Starting EverQuest (Built Nov 14 2011 18:30:26)

Looks like they did update as of 2 days ago and therefore screwed up the download from sony.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 01:20:39 pm »

You might be right. I might have downloaded an un-patched version of Underfoot from Steam on the 13th which would have been the last day to get the correct version. So maybe torrent would be the only way to get a correct version now? I sure hope not, that would suck.

Anyone else can confirm or have ideas?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 55