Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:06:15 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: For those in need of Underfoot Client (Direct Download Links)  (Read 61753 times)
Devilbane

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2012, 12:44:06 am »

April 2012 *UPDATE*

With all the crap that has happened with file hosts, my original links were gone all too quickly. Thankfully, there are some really awesome folks in this community!
hateborne.dyndns.org
ezserver
client

Enjoy ladies, gents, rat trolls.

-Hate

(P.S - Anyone have SoF or SoD that I might add?)
Thanks to Drezden, SoD is now on the list as well.

http://hateborne.dyndns.org/
Click ezserver -> clients

Enjoy ya crazy bastards!

-Hate

Again, thanks guys!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 03:50:17 am by Devilbane » Logged

Decade: a guild of three people that still believe the best part of an MMO is helping other people and making new friends... because gear and achievements aren't all that important in the grand scheme of things, and treating other people like trash should never be considered "normal".
Dekrastius

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:08:47 pm »

Good looking out!  Thanks a ton for this!
Narsil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 09:21:58 pm »

Can't seem to get this client to play in full screen mode. It crashes if I hit Alt Enter or try to turn the option on in game. Any idea's?
Devilbane

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 12:22:46 am »

Can't seem to get this client to play in full screen mode. It crashes if I hit Alt Enter or try to turn the option on in game. Any idea's?

Honestly, I have not played EQ in anything but maximized window since at least 2002, so I never tested stability for it at all.

However, that said... I did just log into an account on my main PC and click the toggle for full screen in-game. It switched over with no issue at all. I am not in a position to test on multiple PCs, as many are working on tasks tonight that cannot be interrupted (apologies), so I cannot say anything about specific graphic card/drivers at this moment.

I will test on some single core machines with Nvidia cards tomorrow if possible, but I can say for certain that my primary machine does not suffer from this problem.
Specifications for the machine in question:
AMD Phenom II x4 3.70GHz
16 GB of ram
2x ATI Radeon HD 5770 2gig video cards (Crossfire linked)
Drivers checked for updates every Tuesday morning at 3am.

If you have an ATI/AMD card I would check your drivers. I promise to test on one of my single core machines with Nvidia graphics in the next day or two.

*EDIT*
I had a couple machines finish tasks and was still awake, so I checked in what I could.
On an old P4 3.0 GHz single core machine with 2 Gig of ram and a Radeon 5450 512 meg video card, no issue swapping between windowed and full screen.
On an almost identical P4 3.0GHz single core with 2 Gig of ram and an Nvidia GT430 1 Gig video card, no issue swapping between windowed and full screen.

*added* Checked on an Intel i3 Dual Core (3.1 GHz) with 8 gig of ram and an older Nvidia 8400 GS 1 Gig video card. Still no crash on swap between windowed and full screen.

Also tested on an older Dell laptop with Intel Integrated video. Choppy graphics, not really playable, but was able to swap between full screen and windowed with no issues.

Huge apologies. I have tried everything I can think of, but I cannot reproduce your crash, and so I cannot try to determine the problem.
What video card and system specs are you running, exactly? If I can put one together similar to yours I will be happy to give it another go.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:19:19 am by Devilbane » Logged

Decade: a guild of three people that still believe the best part of an MMO is helping other people and making new friends... because gear and achievements aren't all that important in the grand scheme of things, and treating other people like trash should never be considered "normal".
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 12:19:27 pm »

Make sure you have the latest DirectX 9 installed.  http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
Guyes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 01:20:23 pm »

Hey guys im thinking about trying this server and was wondering if this link gives me the full game, i already ordered the tit version from amazon for project 1999 but i want to play this server now instead and would love to try underfoot? If this is the full game i just download and unzip? and follow the read me instructions? Thanks any help would be great.
Guyes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 07:01:11 pm »

And should i wait until all files are downloaded before i use 7zip? As of right now i got two files downloaded and cannot extract any of them. I'm not that good at this type of stuff.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:33:12 pm by Guyes » Logged
Narsil

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 07:46:50 pm »

Devil

I appreciate all your work. I figured it out for future reference it was the eqclient.ini file had the full screen resolution set higher than my monitor supports. So all I had to do is go into the file and manually change it and everything works fine on full screen.
Guyes

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 08:02:48 pm »

Narsil how did you unzip it mate? i'm having a hard time, did u need all files first? And Thanks Devil awesome of you to take the time to do this.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:11:03 pm by Guyes » Logged
Devilbane

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 08:33:04 pm »

Apologies for my slow response. Today was my one day a week to unplug my network, turn off my phones and sleep until I felt like getting out of bed again.

Devil

I appreciate all your work. I figured it out for future reference it was the eqclient.ini file had the full screen resolution set higher than my monitor supports. So all I had to do is go into the file and manually change it and everything works fine on full screen.
DOH! I should have considered that! When I set my native resolution I likely set it for both windowed and full screen, even though I never use full screen!!! VERY sorry, and thank you for figuring it out. I racked my brain for hours and just could not think of what was wrong! I am sure this will save someone some headache in the future.

Narsil how did you unzip it mate? i'm having a hard time, did u need all files first? And Thanks Devil awesome of you to take the time to do this.
YES you need all the files before you do anything else.
When you download a split file, it is a single file that a program has "cut" into pieces. Before you can recombine these pieces you need to have them all together in one directory.

Once you have all of them in one directory, just open the 001 file with 7zip and you should see the complete folder inside. Extract the folder (or even just drag and drop it) from the 7zip browser (using the password "ezserver'), and you should be all set. The only change you will need to make to use this set is creating a shortcut and adding "patchme" to it (and there is a readme in the file that explains this very clearly). Other than that, just watch Hunter's updates for changes and apply them as he releases them, no need to go looking for other files at all.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:36:54 pm by Devilbane » Logged

Guyes

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 08:44:01 pm »

Devilbane people like you are hard to come by these days, thanks man. Only in a Game like EQ would someone take the time to do something like this.
Guyes

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 10:08:11 pm »

Ok i have downloaded all 14 files and seem to only have 5202 mbs total am i missing something? Trying one more thing before i give up for the night hopefully this works, im compressing all the files into one folder and going to try to unzip them has a whole. Hopefully this works
Devilbane

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 10:23:53 pm »

Ok i have downloaded all 14 files and seem to only have 5202 mbs total am i missing something? Trying one more thing before i give up for the night hopefully this works, im compressing all the files into one folder and going to try to unzip them has a whole. Hopefully this works
Total compressed filesize is 5.08 gig (sorry, too large for a DVD, but I could not get it any smaller). Total uncompressed size will be 6.4 gig.

5 gig for the zipped files is pretty much perfect. What you will be unzipping will be nearly 6.5gig after it is uncompressed. You should be totally good to go.

All you need to do is put all 14 into one place (desktop, a folder, wherever, just keep them together) and use 7zip to open the first one. 7zip will handle everything else, it will recombine everything. The first one (001) is all you should need to "unpack" from your perspective.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:27:45 pm by Devilbane » Logged

Guyes

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 10:42:30 pm »

Keep getting error cannot open has a archive i have tried extracting it but it just remakes the same files i already have, all files are in the same folder. howerver the 001 now has a diffrent icon look then all the others.
Gonna retry downloading the first file again.
Also when i download the files i am just saving them and not using a program to open them until i have them downloaded. I also downloaded diffrent parts from diffrent servers. i doubt that is the issue tho,
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:53:01 pm by Guyes » Logged
Devilbane

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 10:58:23 pm »

Yeah I... have no idea what... hrrrmmm...

The parts are interchangeable, which service you DL from does not matter as long as you have 1-14.
Once all 14 parts are in a folder (lets assume it is called "downloads") all you should have to do is start 7zip and point it at that folder, then select 001.
At that point you should see "into" the compressed files, and find the folders inside ready to extract. Select one (or select all) and choose "extract" and give it a location to extract the file(s).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:00:05 pm by Devilbane » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 91