Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:35:06 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: For those in need of Underfoot Client (Direct Download Links)  (Read 60820 times)
St12ay

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 02:08:05 pm »

im having the same issue 7zip wont open up file .001 for me its giving me unspecific error message
Guyes

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 04:49:44 pm »

Same error i been having, when i get home and off work im going to try to open it in the file thru 7zip and see if that works, I think you actualy need to run 7zip first and find the file in the 7zip directory.
Guyes

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 06:39:41 pm »

Yup same error. i wonder if i some how messed up the file when i was playing with it at the start.
Guyes

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 07:30:17 pm »

Tried everything even combined the files together, which when combined they come to 4.69 gigs which leads me to think im missing something but i have all 14 files. The last file number 14 was smaller than the others.
Devilbane

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 08:00:45 pm »

The last few hours, I have redownloaded all 14 pieces to check for errors.

Step by step:
1) I downloaded all 14 pieces.
2) Opened 7zip and selected part 001
3) Extracted 2 folders and a readme to my desktop (password worked okay)

I have no errors.

Really confused and not sure what to say. All I can think of is that something is wonky with 7zip and/or file associations?

Tried everything even combined the files together, which when combined they come to 4.69 gigs which leads me to think im missing something but i have all 14 files. The last file number 14 was smaller than the others.
The last file is much smaller than the others. I cut the file into 400 meg pieces as that is the maximum most filehosts will allow for download without paying a membership, and the last part is what was "left over" from those cuts.

What has me really confused about this though, is yesterday you said:
i have downloaded all 14 files and seem to only have 5202 mbs total
But today you have:
they come to 4.69 gigs
The exact filesize of all 14 pieces is: 5.08 GB (5,455,076,888 bytes). If you have a different filesize than this, there is definitely an issue somewhere.

*bewildered look* I just have no idea what to say.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:12:54 pm by Devilbane » Logged

Decade: a guild of three people that still believe the best part of an MMO is helping other people and making new friends... because gear and achievements aren't all that important in the grand scheme of things, and treating other people like trash should never be considered "normal".
Guyes

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 08:24:38 pm »

i have been messing with stuff man and i ended up hitting a key called compile files, i do not know what i have done to be honest but i have learned a shit ton off this stuff, I am in no way trying to discredit anything you have done. But after i compiled the files into one file under props it said it was 4.69 /shrug The file that hold the 14 files before i compile them is in fact around 5 gigs. I think where i went wrong is i tried to open the file with a program before I downloaded all the files. I'm not very good with computers  Huh, other then the fact that the game goes into the cd drive install then play haha.  Anyways i cleared all the old files off and uninstalled 7zip and plan on redownloading them. Thanks for taking the time to educate me on this man.

Edit
I am now downloading again and noticed something kinda weird
the first two files names are ezuf.7z and then the 3rd file is enuf.7z003 when i first downloaded them they where ezuf.7z001 and 002.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:11:34 pm by Guyes » Logged
Devilbane

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 12:30:16 am »

the first two files names are ezuf.7z and then the 3rd file is enuf.7z003 when i first downloaded them they where ezuf.7z001 and 002.
These two files have had their extensions become associated with some program (I would guess 7zip). Your computer currently has the option to "hide extensions of known file types" enabled (and for most all end users that is a good thing). It means that both the 001 and 002 files have been told to use something (I would still guess 7zip) as default.

If 7zip is opened and used to browse and then open the file (rather than clicking the file directly) none of these associations will ultimately matter. However, if you have already uninstalled 7zip (earlier you stated that was your plan) and you are not seeing the 001/002 extensions then it means these files have become associated with some other program. If that is the case, it may well be part of your problem.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:35:36 am by Devilbane » Logged

Decade: a guild of three people that still believe the best part of an MMO is helping other people and making new friends... because gear and achievements aren't all that important in the grand scheme of things, and treating other people like trash should never be considered "normal".
St12ay

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 12:14:11 pm »

still not working, redownloaded files show as 7zip files, nothing.
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 02:32:16 pm »

king of agree with fugi, you literally have to: install the program, right click on the first 7zip file, normally .001 and go to "7-zip -> extract to..." or "7-zip -> extract here". it really cannot be explained any better then in this one sentence.
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 05:05:46 pm »

when you say that doesn work does that mean the option is there, it just gives an error or is there just no option to extract the files when you right click the .001 file? i remember having a problem with 7zip installing on a machine by it not adding the ability to right click extract, but that was fixed with a new download & re-install.
St12ay

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 05:32:58 pm »

Yeah digz i've dled 7zip i point it at the file tell it to extract and it gives a message of unspecified error. i've tried to extract it all on the desktop, all in a file, tried extracting it in a file. i redownloaded all 14 parts i redownloaded 7zip. it seems like its a permissions error with windows 7  but i run it as an admin and it still doesn't work. i tried using winRAR to extract the files and that didn't work either.

fugi e.s.a.d. troll somewhere else thanks

Guyes

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 07:26:46 pm »

I have yet to finish my all my files for my second download with my busy work week but im getting there halfway done maybe tommorow ill finish up,  in reference to this  "you are not seeing the 001/002 extensions then it means these files have become associated with some other program. If that is the case, it may well be part of your problem". If this is the case is there a way to make them not associated with this other program? i wonder if  windows 7 has something to do with this.
Devilbane

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 09:45:03 pm »

I have yet to finish my all my files for my second download with my busy work week but im getting there halfway done maybe tommorow ill finish up,  in reference to this  "you are not seeing the 001/002 extensions then it means these files have become associated with some other program. If that is the case, it may well be part of your problem". If this is the case is there a way to make them not associated with this other program? i wonder if  windows 7 has something to do with this.

I created the 7zip batch on a Windows 7 machine, and have unpacked/tested it on XP32 and XP64 (yes, I know XP64 is unsupported/disliked or whatever, it is still the version I prefer over any other for stability and raw power without all the bloat). With that, I am pretty sure it should be fine on any Windows system.

For any normal compressed file, you should be able to disassociate the file within 7zip itself (if it is installed). When you open 7zip, click tools then options. The first tab (system) has a series of checkboxes for standard extension association, just uncheck the ones you want another program to handle (like .rar or .zip files that would be best handled by WinRAR or WinZIP respectively). For the 001/002 files, there is not a "normal" program for these extensions to handle (they really are only used for files cut into pieces) and I cannot think of a simple way to disassociate them off the top of my head.

If you need to associate a file with another program specifically that is simple enough, just hold shift and rightclick on "open with" and select the new program which you wish to associate the extension, and make sure the "always open with this" open is checked. MicroSoft assumes you always want an extension associated with something, so it will not work to just disassociate an extension without a new association... so it's not really the best possible answer to your question. It's just the only one I know right off the top of my head.

*lots of editing and retconning, pardon the dust*

When I set out to create and share this, it was intended to save people all the headache of looking for BoT files from previous versions, graphic errors and the other dozen or so issues I try to help people solve every day in game. I had no remote idea in creating this thread it would actually lead to new problems... . For these new issues I do deeply apologize.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:22:42 pm by Devilbane » Logged

Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 10:16:26 pm »

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+use+7zip
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:36:43 pm by Thebone » Logged

Digz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 02:24:47 pm »

if youre getting unspecified error then just double check, hell even tripple check all 14 files are present and are the same size (expect the last one, .014). Downloading from 14 separate pages/links, one can very easily miss or have one thats incomplete. both of theses will result in unspecified error.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64971
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)