Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:37:08 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: ToFS Suggestions  (Read 84110 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2012, 01:47:54 pm »

To give Hunter some ideas on ToFS as a continuation of ldons I thought it would be a good idea to have one thread to have a compilation of ideas. Lets try to keep it constructive so it is a pleasure to read. If you have an idea reply on this thread and I will place a link to the actual reply in this first post here. This will make it easier for Hunter to read the ideas instead of wading through 15 pages of people debating ideas. I have some ideas myself but I am going to post it in a reply and add a link so that there is nothing in this original post but links to peoples ideas, giving each one deserved importance. I will place a link to each idea no matter if I agree with it or not.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 02:37:17 pm »

Xiggie, we really should probably keep this in the original thread about it. Some very neat ideas there and a lot of it that will be based off of that.

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2639.0

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:54:39 pm »

Just thought it would be easier than Hunter having to wade through 13 pages of suggestions and counter arguments. Putting my suggestion in that thread.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 05:07:30 pm »

My suggestions for ToFS

Instances
Instances would be allowed however instance cost is multiplied by the by the number of floors.
Bosses
All bosses on each floor will spawn 30 minutes after the zone is activated. This is to keep people from spamming bosses by recreating instances.
Keys
Floor tokens are used only once to gain access to the next level. Key components can be re-used at the mirror of each floor. Master key can be right clicked for floor 7.
Not allowed
CoTH would not be allowed. Mobs can see through sneak/hide and invisibility.
Floors

First Floor
As hard has ldon6 and bosses. 1 boss.
•   Trash has a .8% (1/125) chance to drop a charm upgrade.
•   Bosses:
o   5% chance to drop a charm upgrade,
o   1% chance to drop a universal v1 charm upgrade.
o   3% chance to drop key component 1
o   25% chance to drop a floor 2 token (library card)

Second Floor
As hard as qvic trash and bosses. 1 boss
•   Trash has a 1.6%  chance to drop a charm upgrade
•   Bosses:
o   10% chance to drop a charm upgrade
o   2% chance to drop a universal charm upgrade.
o   2% chance to drop key component 2
o   25% chance to drop a floor 3 token. (Suggestions?)

Third Floor
As hard as T1 trash and bosses. 2 Bosses
•   Trash has a 2.5% chance to drop a charm upgrade
•   Bosses
o   15% chance to drop a charm upgrade
o   3% chance to drop a universal charm upgrade
o   1% chance to drop key component 3
o   25% chance to drop a floor 4 token (Suggestions?)

Forth Floor
As hard as T3 trash and T3/4 bosses. 2 Bosses.
•   Trash has a 3% chance to drop a charm upgrade
•   Bosses
o   Boss 1
oo   Same as T3 boss
oo   20% chance to drop a charm upgrade
oo   4% chance to drop a universal charm upgrade
oo   .25% chance to drop key component 4
oo   25% chance to drop a floor 5 token (Wedding invitation)
o   Boss 2
oo   Same as T4 boss
oo   23% chance to drop a charm upgrade
oo   4.5% chance to drop a universal charm upgrade
oo   .5% chance to drop key component 4
oo   25% chance to drop floor 5 token (Wedding invitation)

Fifth Floor
Trash is as hard as T3 bosses. 1 Boss
•   Trash has a 3% chance of dropping charm upgrade
•   Boss
o   Difficulty
oo   This boss is just like MCP, death touch, hp and dps. This boss has a chance to respawn like the first boss in tacvi. The DT is the same as MCP in that it is single target and agro based.
o   0% chance to drop a charm upgrade
o   5% chance to drop a universal charm upgrade
o   5% chance to drop a key component from any floor or a key container.
oo   Key container is used to combine all keys to get to floor 7
oo   Can be combined at this point for a completed ToFS keyring to be turned into A Weakened Keymaster
oo   There is no re-useable key to gain access to the 6th floor
o   25% chance to drop floor 6 token (Suggestions?)

Sixth Floor
As hard as T5 trash and Bosses. 2 Bosses
•   Trash has a 4% chance of dropping charm upgrade
•   Bosses
o   Both bosses are equally difficult and have the same drops and % except the first boss drops a token used to get to the second boss (15% chance, not re-usable)
o   0% chance of dropping a charm upgrade
o   3% chance of dropping a universal charm upgrade
o   Boss 2 has a 10% chance to spawn A Weakened Keymaster.
o   Weakened Keymaster
oo   Though he is unattackable he is very weak and will only stick around for 30 seconds. He will despawn once given a completed ToFS keyring or after 30 seconds, thereby only allowing one turn in per spawn. Turning in a completed ToFS keyring yields The Keymaster's Keyring.
oo   The Keymaster's Keyring
•   Right click self port to Floor 7

Seventh Floor
Trash as hard as trash in T6
•   Trash has a 5% chance to drop universal charm upgrades
•   Boss
o   Difficulty
oo   As hard as the last boss in T6
oo   Somewhere in each 20th % she spawns bosses from floors 2 through 6. Each boss she summons behaves just like the bosses from those floors. If there are 2 bosses on a floor, she summons 2 bosses. If the bosses on those floors summon adds they also summon adds in this fight.
oo   Each summoned boss has their original drop chances of charms but no keys or components
oo   Has a 25% chance to be re-incarnated. Each re-incarnation doubles the amount of bosses spawned.
oo   This boss drops no loot.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 06:57:28 pm »

Seems like a lot of thought was put into it, and so far I like it. I was going to post my own suggestions for difficulties per floor, such as floor one would be Qvic through Floor 7 being like T6 difficulty.

I can see ToFS being created to be most of what Xiggie suggested.

More ideas are welcome too

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 06:59:02 pm »

Even better idea, instead of having a 1 in 666 mobs drop chance, which might happen or not, each mob having a certain value in ldon credits when you kill them. So even if you'd be totally unlucky, you'd still have to kill aproximately the same number of mobs to get 1 charm upgrade that you do now. Only that then, youd have the reason to keep that particular instance you're in, cleared down to the last mob.

Yeah we tried that. It just ended up being entire guilds afk at zone in while 1 bot ran around afk killing stuff. Learned my lesson on that point thing.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 07:05:14 pm »

Yeah, I didn't read through all the 13 pages of suggestions yet.

I do like the ideas for ToFS so far. Lets start with Xiggies big long post of difficulties and drop rates, and work from there.

I like the idea of Qvic players being able to enter floor 1 and end game players making it to floor 7. Sort of a custom expansion/zone for all (current) tiers.

I'd like to add some special triggers bosses just like in Abyss for bosses that drop new / special loots. Make things interesting in addition to static spawns and scripts.

One idea I liked, and I know its that old hated grind, but along with all the plans for ToFS so far, add in ranked or leveled jewelry. The slots would basically be the rings, earrings, face, and neck. Combining any 2 of the same rank would give you the next rank, up to rank 10. So just like RoA, Charms, and Sceptres, the jewelry slots would have ranks too that would be upgraded similar to Sceptre of Time, and the components would just be random drops off trash and bosses. We did this in our originally LDON almost 5 years ago which at the time seemed to be popular. It wouldn't be geared towards adding more HP, but adding more clickies and buffs, stuff for casters, etc.

I got some exciting plans for T7 as well, but I think I'll hammer out ToFS first.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 07:26:47 pm »

First, thank you for moving it here. There are quite a few good ideas in here and I'd hate to lose them (or rebuild the thread on the other post).

Heh you also hit the respawn time on bosses at exactly the same window I suggested. Couple of notes though

1) Keys to next level need 100% drop. This would essentially keep players/grouped trapped in lower levels until RNG favored them. LDON does not work in this manner and I would hate to see something like it as a limiter. The difficulty of the mobs should dictate how fast/slow a group/raid progresses through the tower.

-- To combat the need for literally hundreds of keys, it would be prudent to change the way in which the keys work. Instead of simply moving the character up to the next section, trigger a small AoE port for members in your group/raid at mirror. This would handle the need for tons of keys being needed. This would also address the issue of the key becoming part of the keyring, allowing permanent access to the next level. (The mirrors are literally classified as doors in the database.)

2) I totally, completely, and fully agree with no CoH, Corpse Summon, or other such nonsense. ToFS is actually a singular zone (contrary to my initial recollection). There are a few ways to handle this, but none that I am particularly fond of currently. I would say that different/higher instance costs may be unnecessary as the mobs should (again) be the limiting factor.

3) For the end boss (Tserrina Syl`Tor), it would be pretty easy to allow one player to combine all the keys into the token to summon her. Since it would take 1 of each key, this would obviously REQUIRE a clear of tower to get them all. By combining the keys, this also destroys the access back up. So one would need to reclear in order to spawn boss again. I also do not think that the end boss should spawn other bosses. Both because I would like to see custom boss fights and it would suck for everyone but the absolute top-most rung of the ladder. Even so, would you like to be fighting a T6 boss and then have a T5 boss be set loose upon you? Sure, some of the players running 50 plates might just set 2-3 afk on the add...but the rest of us will wipe.

4) The drop chances for charm upgrades will need to be looked at as a whole. I believe you of all people understand why trivializing would be a bad thing (not implying anything). I think the drops should be handled based on some pretty realistic math. I can say, with reasonable certainty, that nobody follows the train rule while instanced in LDON. If anyone does want to come forward and claim that, possibly the bossman could back up that claim. So the drop chances should be based off the rate of killing an equal geared player could accomplish. For example, it may be safe to assume that a t1 character could not zone pull LDON. It may also be safe to say that a T2 could, but might struggle with it. However, by t3+...steamrolled. With this in mind, the math should be something to the extent of:
   -- Mobs in LDON4: L
   -- Mobs in ToFS__: T
   -- Chance for Upgrade (LDON): C
   -- Respawn time: R (seconds)
   -- Pull-Time/Clear-Time (est): P (time in seconds it takes to round up/clear zone)

NPCs per Second (NPS) = L / (P + R)
   Kills Per Hour (KPH) = NPS * 60 * 60
   Approx. Charms Per Hour (CPH) = KPH * (C)

Then we only need to know what the average T1 group's kills per second rate (which we can find from public t1).

THIS IS SIMPLE MATH! NOT INCLUDING RNG

Now comes the part where I piss people off.

Keys should be trade-able. Why? This worked very well in Diablo II as it allowed players with more cash/items than time to buy their boss spawns. This would also allow another useful thing to trade for players. More trade-ables means more player selling, which means more platinum going from player-to-player (instead of player-to-vendor).

Custom items from the bosses. Since we are going through the trouble, casters need accessories. Badly. Right now, from T3+ it's melee accessories only. Leaving some of the pure casters STUCK with t2 accesories (even in endgame) for the mana regen. Also would like to see a few potion-type clickes (no drop) that have unique effects.

A bit disjointed, but I was writing this during lulls at work.

Will update/add-more later.

-Hate

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 08:00:37 pm »

Topics split/merged into this one.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 08:24:35 pm »

Wow, all this sounds exciting. Holler in Chat/TS/Vent if I can help with whatever!! Grin

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 08:26:54 pm »

Yeah I figured percentages would need to be adjusted here and there. One limiting factor between ldon vs ToFS is the amount of mobs. There are simply not nearly as many mobs to mass pull as in ldon.

There are 2 different key types. The token keys would need to be used at each mirror to advance to the next floor. Basically this would work the same way it currently works. It would port the entire group as long as they are in range. The second key would be a single port key. The reason for it to be a single port key is to make it hard for a full group to be able to go up there. I thought about a third key. The third key would only drop on the last floor. It would not a guaranteed drop. The main purpose of this key would be to sell gear or to gimp in one of your alts for drops. They key would be no trade but the effect of it would be a CotH that would work in that zone. Limited number of charges, maybe 5. Probably a 10% drop rate off boss 7 itself.

I like the idea of having to re-fight all of the bosses in the zone when fighting the last boss. Yeah, it will be tough, especially when he summons the boss from floor 5 and he starts Dt'ing people. Double especially if you don't manage your dps and pull dps off the boss and burn the previous bosses off. It fits with the lore, you could even have it so she pauses the fight, (ae mezz on everyone) summons bosses from the previous floor and tells them these people are not worthy, how in the hell did you let them pass. Then after about 20 seconds or so cast an ae 1 second stun to break everyone's mezz.

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 08:52:44 pm »

Being that I am in the process of UC'ing my toons I have mixed emotions about the changes. The LDoN grind is meh, HoH is not bad just repetitious as well, change is good as long as it is not more of a grind.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 09:06:11 pm »

change is good as long as it is not more of a grind.

We're trying to make the grind more fun + add new toys for casters.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 09:08:44 pm »

cool beans Smiley

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 09:18:05 pm »

btw, all of our crazy asses are in teamspeak atm.

http://tinyurl.com/ezteamspeak

-Hate

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053