Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:43:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Author Topic: Compiled starter guide for EZ server  (Read 344652 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2014, 08:19:37 am »

give 2 2k or 2 4k rainbow turds to the Miner in the nexus.. its like a gambling machine you may get a 10k AA crystal back or a 20k aa crystal back .. or just fail..

really... how often dose he eat them and you end up with nothing?

it's called Gambling if you aren't ready to lose it don't play with the miner Smiley he will eat your poo.. (reward is awesome when you get a 10k or 20k aa practically for nothing)

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2014, 08:20:21 am »

give 2 2k or 2 4k rainbow turds to the Miner in the nexus.. its like a gambling machine you may get a 10k AA crystal back or a 20k aa crystal back .. or just fail..

really... how often dose he eat them and you end up with nothing?

In my experience he seems to complete the winning combo 33% to 40% of the time (small sample size, granted)..  If you fail, he gives you back *1* of the 2 crystals you handed him, so its not a complete loss.

So you hand him a pair of 2k crystals, you either get back 2k AA, or 10k AA, for a 4k investment. At that rate, if you failed on 3 of 4 combinations, you would have wagered, 16k in AA and received 16k in AA for your troubles. So 25% would be the break even point for a success rate.

The downside, of course, is until you are higher level you get the crystals so infrequently that 'losing' in the short term can feel pretty rough, even if you win out in the long run.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2014, 03:03:14 pm »

I shall test this and report back Grin

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2014, 11:33:30 am »

Thank you, Akkadius, for making a wiki EZ can use for info! This wiki is VERY easy to use, and very powerful! I am in the process now of slowly transitioning all EZ Guide info to the wiki....and once I do will get Akk's permission to open it up!

HELP ME OUT!!!

If you see anything on this guide that you think needs to be changed, or wording that needs to be improved, post here! I'll include the changes into the initial wiki, and when its open you guys can all fight over editing content  from there Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2014, 11:02:38 am »

Thank you, Redtwo, for splitting the UF client for EZ into 7 parts for people who were having issues with loading large files via a google doc. Find them at:

http://tinyurl.com/ezclient1
http://tinyurl.com/ezclient2
http://tinyurl.com/ezclient3
http://tinyurl.com/ezclient4
http://tinyurl.com/ezclient5
http://tinyurl.com/ezclient6
http://tinyurl.com/ezclient7

Just unzip all 7 to the same folder, perhaps c:\underfootez, or similar. The ezguide has been modified with this info.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2014, 09:14:44 pm »

Reddwarf strikes again!!

Red out together an amazing visual walkthrough of the crafters guild! You can find this here: tinyurl.com/ezcrafters

I've also added this to the wiki. This is a PDF file, so you will need a reader (Adobe or Foxit most common).

Thanks RD!

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2014, 05:51:56 pm »

Courtesy of Agio, new ezquest spreadsheet with armor/epic checklist!

Can shortcut it at tinyurl.com/ezquester

zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2014, 09:58:43 pm »

krucial posted an awesome one for T9... It's in the T9 thread... Was gonna blank it out for my use, but if he is cool with it.. Maybe the wiki. It is endgame focused
cylas

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2014, 04:10:18 pm »

Is there a new link to DL the UF client or can you point me to where I can dl it?  I hit the 7 links provided a few days ago and then again today and I get:

"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time"
red2

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2014, 03:02:41 am »

let me check the links ill report back in a sec....

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

anyone care to host it awhile?
maybe try it tomorrow?
if its still not working tomorrow, i will shuffle them a bit.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 03:04:45 am by red2 » Logged
red2

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2014, 06:18:59 pm »

seems to be working today. guess was to many leechers yesterday.
Udeni

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2016, 11:34:21 pm »

Hey guys, got a torrent started using the EZRoF download from here, so it should be a good copy of it. Should be pretty compatible with most other eqemu servers, since only a few files are custom. A bit easier than downloading 7 folders and copy/pasting. Here's the TPB link:

https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/13450133

Would be nice to get more seeders!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 03:07:58 pm by Udeni » Logged

Opeij - Paladin, Udenii - Warrior, Dustoff - Cleric, Udeni - Berzerker, Intap - Wizard, Tempten - Shaman, Inedu - Enchanter, Ewoida - Druid, Gusis - Bard, Ranyp - Mage
Openwounds

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2016, 09:49:26 pm »

10 part links at the start of the thread.  They all seem to still be up and working.

..Kroggia..
Akito1221

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2016, 10:52:11 pm »

Anyone know of another torrent for the RoF installer?
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2016, 11:11:12 pm »

The wiki has them.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 8678