Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:07:58 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Compiled starter guide for EZ server  (Read 343877 times)
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 05:12:45 am »

Really nice work on the guides Smiley I also hope EZ stays for many years to come. It's so much fun here. I have been on the server since 2009 and I always come back, because nothing really beats this game in the long run.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:15:25 am by Sarthin » Logged

Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 07:45:43 am »

Just wanted to say thanks for putting this guide together. This was actually the guide that got me interested in playing on this server.

Just a note, not sure when this occurred but I was gearing up my second group yesterday in T3/4 and neither the MCP or H1N1 fears anymore. It's a pleasant change cause the falling through the island was a real pain.

Hulkmad
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 06:05:15 am »

Requiring lvl 25 charms for HoH is restrictive and not at all needed.  If someone is bringing up 12 toons they don't NEED to have full charms on all 12, EVER.

Requiring UC for T5 is not needed...  UC on a tank is as close to a requirement as there is, yes, but you can progress just fine without 6 UCs per group.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2013, 08:32:21 am »

Again, my opinion, but hope it helps some of ya.

FLAME ON!

Oh, and more this week on T5 and further progression!

I actually agree with this whole post. The one thing I'll point out is that individual party differences have a pretty big effect on how much gear each character needs. For example, if I had 5 melee dps, then they wouldn't all need UCs and NS 5+ to do T5. If, however, I have 1 main melee dps, that toon better be beast mode with UC and the best strikes he can get at his level.

Personally I think 21+ main charm on war and pally in HoH is pretty crucial, because there are some pulls that sporadically bring 2 Avatars, and I'm pretty sure you'd get crushed by 2 avatars without 21+ tank/heals. DPS can do whatever they want in HoH, however, just don't be surprised if your first Heavens clears take 45 minutes.

My final opinion is that the jump from TACVI to T1 is one of the easiest transitions in the game. Therefore, I wouldn't consider having all TACVI gear crucial, but rather a nicety. I think its always nice to have a piece or two from the previous tier that you need, so that when you get sick of one zone (it happens), you can go take a break in another zone for a while.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 08:39:26 am by Gilthanas » Logged
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2013, 08:55:17 am »

Yes, better gear is crucial to advancement, but making it a REQUIREMENT for advancement means that every toon needs 25 of 2 types of charm for HOH and every toon needs UC for T5.  Not a realistic requirement, but a decent suggestion.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2013, 03:45:09 pm »

Yep. As I said, my op only, but I still stand by it: I think these should be just one of many "gut checks" on the server...and would cut down a lot of the "hey, I just bough epic 4.0 but I'm wearing T2 gear and have no charms or augs....why cant I solo T4???" bullshit we see daily. I think these reqs would serve to show players just whats involved in spending any time on EZ.

And, on the economic end, would encourage the lazy teens who want to use mommy's credit card to buy their "uber" to spend more cash before they get bored and leave (thus increasing serverwide IQ averages). Cheesy

Ok, that last was a joke. Kind of.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2013, 04:43:22 pm »

Yep. As I said, my op only, but I still stand by it: I think these should be just one of many "gut checks" on the server...and would cut down a lot of the "hey, I just bough epic 4.0 but I'm wearing T2 gear and have no charms or augs....why cant I solo T4???" bullshit we see daily. I think these reqs would serve to show players just whats involved in spending any time on EZ.

And, on the economic end, would encourage the lazy teens who want to use mommy's credit card to buy their "uber" to spend more cash before they get bored and leave (thus increasing serverwide IQ averages). Cheesy

Ok, that last was a joke. Kind of.

If the UC requirement existed, I wouldn't be able to enter T5. I've got 3 of 6 UC'ed in my main group. For reducing the population, there are quite a few others working hard to keep excluding new players. I don't think they need any help. I know the connection isn't lovely, but it's about time that EZ started to boom again (instead of slowly dropping).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2013, 04:56:39 pm »

Well said Hate. Its tough for new players both in game and especially on the forums. To shed light on just that.. Being away for about a year, new items come into play and lots of catching up to do. Asking in ooc what "item x" does only to get answer like "it gets youon everyones ignore list for asking stupid questions" is rather rediculous. Bad seeds are everywhere but they are so much more apparent on this small server, sad really. On that note, thanks Woodee for helping me back to speed on some stuff  Smiley

Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2013, 08:31:20 am »

"it gets youon everyones ignore list for asking stupid questions"

I'm sure anybody who behaves like that is going to get what's coming to them, or perhaps they already got it through past trauma.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2013, 07:27:16 pm »

Ok, I taker it back on UC requirements. I've spent the last week in HoH trying to finish the last 2 UC, and I am so f#@%ing sick of HoH I'm ready to play WoW. Being able to change up a zone and still work on sheet keeps you from going insane.

Now, if only ToFS were a viable HoH alternative Tongue

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2013, 10:51:05 am »

Lots of changes lately....and I will definitely get around to editing the guide to reflect them. However, as some things still seem to be in the "ironing out" stage, I will delay the update til things settle.

But....changes soon! And possibly a rewrite to make this a little more compact and easy to read.

kaos

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2013, 02:42:40 pm »

I have to agree with Sarthin. I've been away since T4 was released, and I've found it striking how some people reply to questions in OOC. Every useful answer is accompanied by "Use the forums, Noob." Of course the Quests and Guides section of the forums is my go to before I ever ask a question in OOC. Unfortunately, not everything is covered in that section, and a quick explanation from a player could go a long way to clearing up any confusion a new player might have. I have noticed that very very rarely does anyone ask a question in OOC that is covered by one of the great guides in this section of the forums. So, instead of just being annoyed at people who ask questions in OOC, if you know the answers, why not check the Guides section of the forums, and if there is no guide covering that topic, make one.

Granted, every time I've gotten a negative answer in OOC it has been from one of two or three players who I have come to expect to say something dumb. I found it particularly humorous when that same person who told me to use the forums sent a tell to one of my box army asking me a question about how to use the Level Up NPC in the Nexus. I helped the hypocrite. I hope he reads this and accepts my challenge to make a guide the next time someone asks a question in OOC that isn't covered by a guide in the Quests and Guides section of the forums.

Sorry if I got off topic, this thread has been a great resource for me since I've come back to EZ server, thanks again for making it.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2013, 02:49:20 pm »

I have to agree with Sarthin. I've been away since T4 was released, and I've found it striking how some people reply to questions in OOC. Every useful answer is accompanied by "Use the forums, Noob." Of course the Quests and Guides section of the forums is my go to before I ever ask a question in OOC. Unfortunately, not everything is covered in that section, and a quick explanation from a player could go a long way to clearing up any confusion a new player might have. I have noticed that very very rarely does anyone ask a question in OOC that is covered by one of the great guides in this section of the forums. So, instead of just being annoyed at people who ask questions in OOC, if you know the answers, why not check the Guides section of the forums, and if there is no guide covering that topic, make one.

Granted, every time I've gotten a negative answer in OOC it has been from one of two or three players who I have come to expect to say something dumb. I found it particularly humorous when that same person who told me to use the forums sent a tell to one of my box army asking me a question about how to use the Level Up NPC in the Nexus. I helped the hypocrite. I hope he reads this and accepts my challenge to make a guide the next time someone asks a question in OOC that isn't covered by a guide in the Quests and Guides section of the forums.

Sorry if I got off topic, this thread has been a great resource for me since I've come back to EZ server, thanks again for making it.

People are assclowns. I would like to refer you to John Gabriel's G.I.F.T. seen below:

In the interest of being fair, it should be noted that after answering the same question 50 times a day...it does get very draining to keep answering it. Even so, not every player that shouts "OMG FORUMS" even has any idea what's actually on it. It's just a general assumption that it contains everything (which is actually wrong). So, for what it's worth, please take that with a grain of salt. If the same assclown is shouting it day after day to every answer, ignore the kid as he applies to the theory above.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
kaos

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2013, 03:04:15 pm »

Great image  Cheesy

And to be clear, if it actually is at anyone's fingertips, and is easily find-able info in the Quests and Guides section, then I find no problem with, in fact I would encourage people to, direct new players to that section of the forums. Lets face it, there is a lot of information to convey to a new person, and /tell might not even be the right place to educate them. It might even confuse them more.

But if you direct new people to the forums, try to make sure there is something to direct them to, preferably in the form of a guide, and not a deeply buried update message from Hunter that might or might not provide in-depth information.

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2013, 05:30:47 pm »

Google ezserver + "your carefully selected query" does wonders. Often easier than searching the actual forums. Though you can find much info under guides, sticky and updates. We all have a responsibility to make the server a pleasant place to chill, new players or old. And most of the players are really friendly and helpful. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 05:35:08 pm by Sarthin » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678