Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:42:08 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Compiled starter guide for EZ server  (Read 343860 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2013, 12:01:52 pm »

In keeping with my shameless theft of other people's work, I am adding links to Kruciel's T5 and T6 walkthroughs. These are http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=3887.msg49519#msg49519 and http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=3888.msg49521#msg49521, but they will also be included in the guide itself.

Thanks for doing the work, Kruciel!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2013, 01:32:22 pm »

Ok, I updated things a little, and added some new links. I hope it helps. I think Red is having issues doing anything else on his network whenever someone hits his ftp, so it may be down for a bit. If you need the client, I'd say try some torrents for UF client. If you need the missing files, I set up a google doc at http://tinyurl.com/UFmissing

Hope it helps!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2013, 09:24:03 pm »

And thanks Redtwo for connecting us to a Googlebox! Load the Underfoot client HERE: http://tinyurl.com/EZUFclient

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2013, 04:05:07 pm »

Added  http://tinyurl.com/EZMapstuff link to the guide.  This has map pack adds that will make your life easier on EZ....including the illsalin trigger locations, a nicer ToFS map and .cfg files you drop in your MQ2 folder that will /maphide npc and /mapshow select NPC's in illsalin, jaggedpine and Traks Teeth.

Thanks Empti for the ToFS map, and Blarr for the Trak named list Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:06:50 pm by mpano66 » Logged

Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2013, 02:26:50 am »

where does the GDOC File go? lol never head of one of htem lol
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2013, 12:53:13 pm »

Can you not add this same file to your bind zone so that your toons upon death or returning to that zone automatically mem the base spell set of your choice by adding /loadspellset (enter name of saved spell set?) or whatever the command is? would be handy instead of having to click over to that screen and or have a hotkey?

you could even add the command to auto buff maybe on zone in? lets face it we only use certain zones to progress and you can add a key press command for every time you zone in i would think.

Just trying to think of some handy ways to use this feature without getting hit with the ban hammer.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2013, 01:53:03 pm »

Sorry, the GDOC file shouldnt have been included....thats a google doc file. Everything else works fine.

And yes, plenty of ways you can use MQ2....and any number of ways you can do what you described without issue, as long as you activate it with a button click. Really dont know if you can automate it on zone in, and if you do if it will cause issue or not. Lemme know if it works for you.

As for Hunters end of things, I get the impression that what you describe can easily be abused. May want to email him and ask him....I find that clicking a single hotkey to buff all my characters isnt all that time consuming.

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2013, 07:30:09 pm »

http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/CFG_Files

The file must contain commands the same as you would use them normally. Each command will be executed in order, there are NO macro blocks, events, etc, in a cfg file

The MQ2 Manual and MQ2 Wiki are good sources of basic information people ask. If you can spare 30 or so pages of paper and the ink, print out the manual.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2013, 11:05:56 pm »

Guys, when you get the chance thank REDDWARF for creating the EZGUIDE in storyline format! This means you can access the EZGUIDE in game, using the storyline interface. You can download it at http://tinyurl.com/EZstoryguides. Now this shows on the web page as a bunch of files, but its actually a Google Doc of a RAR file....so under the EZStoryline-V1.1 headed you will see FILE, EDIT, VIEW, HELP. Click FILE, then DOWNLOAD....this will download the .rar file. Extract this to the storyline folder in your Underfoot client using winrar or 7zip. Should be TWO items extracted....a text file titled storyEZServer.txt and a folder named EZServer.

I ended up deleting the storyline files already in the client and just used the ezguide files. Works great! Thanks again Red!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 08:05:44 am by mpano66 » Logged

RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2013, 01:14:21 am »

Glad you like =)

You did such a great job on the guide, and thought would be cool to have it avalable in game

Hope you all find it useful
will try to keep upto date, if anythin gets added,

RD

Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2013, 05:43:28 pm »

Really nice !!!

You guys rock for all the noobies coming along. 

Thanks Reddwarf
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2013, 02:08:03 pm »

Put the link to the storyline version of the EZguide at the top of the guide. Also listed the UF client link and some other links earlier for faster downloads. Oh, and added a link to the slot names for mq2 (itemnotify) HERE.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2013, 02:57:17 pm »

Added a link to this topic on left side of forums.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2013, 03:33:39 pm »

Thanks H!

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2014, 05:49:28 pm »

Ok, lately more than a few have asked me to comment on MQ2 keys I've found useful....so here goes!

This is my bread and butter setup! I make one hotkey on EVERY character with special attacks or epic or item clicks, group heals, nukes, etc...and I make sure its the same number hotkey on each char (in my case, hotkey 6). Then I add a line on my attack/assist hotkey on my tank: /bca //keypress 6. So with 1 click, spammed when I need, my zerkers click their epics, do disciplines, etc....clerics cast word of viv, click epic, cast mark of emp, etc...nukers nuke, etc. If I want to tie an item click to that key on any char, I use /itemnotify slotname rightmouseup. Slot names can be found HERE.

Here's my attack spam button on Chunka:

line 1: /bca //assist Chunka (I prefer this to the MQ2 assist macro for a variety of reasons, but if you want to use that one its /bca //target id ${Target.ID}, Make sure you add //attack on line somewhere so boxes actually attack if you use the target id method).

line 2: /bca //stick !front moveback uw 15 (this sticks the group to the mob at a decent melee distance, anywhere but the front of the mob, and will move them up/down if needed underwater)

line 3: /bca //keypress 6 (makes all the chars click hotkey 6, which we have set up as their specials/casts/etc)

line 4: /bca //pet attack (sends in pets)

Ok, my follow key: 1) /bca //target main chars name 2) /bca //stick behindonce uw 15 3) /bca //pet hold

This makes the group follow you at a distance of 15 and puts pet on hold....meaning they wont attack the mob unless you specifically tell them to.

I have 2 hotkeys for the guild halls: buff, which is line 1) /bcaa //target buff,  line 2) /bcaa //stick 5, line 3) /pause 20, line 4) /bcaa //keypress H

and port, which is /bcaa //target teleport, /bcaa //stick 5. After that I just type /bcaa //say zone name.

Another goodie: rez (Thank Ergg for this goodie!!)

To start this one, bind your characters close to the porter npc (within hail distance, out of the way of common traffic to be polite). Then the key is

/multiline ;  /bcaa //tar buff ; /bcaa //keypress h ; /bcaa //nomodkey /notify ConfirmationDialogBox Yes_Button leftmouseup ; /bcaa //keypress h

This will make all characters with a rez box click the rez box. Works best with the mass rez clicky reward item. CR's take seconds, not minutes.

Pretty basic, nothing fancy.

Some examples of specific box attack hotkeys:

cleric I use:
 /itemnotify mainhand rightmouseup (clicks epic for group heal, 5.0+)
/pause 1
/cast word of vivification (or spell gem # for that spell)
/pause 30
/cast mark of Emperors II (or spell gem #)

for zerker:

/itemnotify mainhand rightmouseup (epic click)
/keypress 9 (hotkey I have set for vengeful flurry)
/keypress 8 (set for cry havoc)
/pause 1
/itemnotify chest rightmouseup (T7 zerk chest)

This gives you the general idea. If ya have suggestions, post em. Questions, ask here, in game, or ezchunka@gmail.com.

Will add to this as we go!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:55:42 pm by mpano66 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)