Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:20:11 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Everquest Tweaks and Settings for Optimal Performance  (Read 209332 times)
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 11:31:30 pm »

That's part of the globalload file.
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 11:55:21 am »

Screenshot from a few minutes ago: http://i.imgur.com/eLk8p.jpg
I didn't want to embed it, it's too big.

I see someone plays on test with all those Tribe around Tongue
Stormcougar

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 01:16:13 pm »

Does StickFigures=1 save on game resources?  Might be a good thing for boxes.
Pukagiz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 01:28:27 pm »

wow tribe is still around?!?! haven't been on test in a cool minute (like 2 years or so) how is that working out for everyone after the ability to transfer off test? i assumed it would have killed that server with TSF bottoming out and not being able to kill fippy in UF
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 02:54:43 pm »

As Griz said the weapons are a part of the globalload change, I'll look around later tonight and see if I can find a way to add just those back in.

I had no idea StickFigures worked on UF or SoD, had tried it before with no luck. Probably wrong capitalization or something, hehe. Will look into that more closely tonight as well and see about adding it in.

Blarr!
Stormcougar

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 03:05:16 pm »

StickFigures=1 works when I put it under [Default] in .ini file.  Testing it out on with it on all box accounts.  With my system 6 accounts runs fine, but 7 works for awhile then results in 7 LD's after an hour or so.  If 7 doesn't LD me, I'll up it to testing 8 don't think it would make enough difference to allow 9+.  Although would be awesome if I'm wrong.
lookin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 06:01:32 pm »

nice getting it working i had it in wrong spot when i tried it so assumed it didn't work
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 11:11:59 pm »

wow tribe is still around?!?! haven't been on test in a cool minute (like 2 years or so) how is that working out for everyone after the ability to transfer off test? i assumed it would have killed that server with TSF bottoming out and not being able to kill fippy in UF

Oh ya we still have a big base thou we lost alot of good players thou im wiating and hoping to see some old school players come back like clearsight and Catmar and her crew lol and a few others but i know some wont be back i hear a few of the classic players from my old guild (Stormbringers legacy) *For The Storm!* hehe anyway ya test is still strong but alot smaller then it used to be.....

Boredorm Yawnsalot of Test Server Tongue
Stormcougar

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 05:04:44 pm »

StickFigures=1 has actually allowed me to run an extra character on one computer.  It does indeed seem to help improve performance.
Worthington

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2012, 06:26:20 pm »

A+ Bookmarked!

I used this post to go from 3 to 8 toons on an ancient pent 3 laptop 6800 go nvidia card and 2 gigs of ram.  I haven't tested out the stickfigure setting but i think my comp would blow if i added anymore. 

Worthington
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 12:54:26 pm »

Bump
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 05:44:11 am »

CHANGE LOG (v1.0 -> v1.1) 9-30-12
Non-trivial changes/additions:

Page File
The page file is 'virtual' memory used by Windows to help maintain stability and performance for your computer, especially during high memory usage scenarios. Does it seem like you can't open as many clients as others, even though you have a similar amount of memory? Do you often see crash errors related to memory? Then there's a good chance you need to increase the size of your page file.

Player's with multiple (internal) hard drives can also see a large boost in performance by enabling multiple page files. Each additional page file will greatly increase your computers performance in low memory situations. If you have a Steady State Drive (SSD), you have no need for multiple-drive page file configuration. Users with 16GB of RAM or more can safely configure their page file to be (16 GB, or 1x system RAM)

Here is a Window's guide on changing the size and configuration of your page file. The total size you should set up your page file to be depends on a number of things, but here is a rough guideline based on an 8GB of RAM system:
1-6 clients: (2x your system RAM or 8GB)
7-12 clients: (12-16 GB)
13-18 clients: (16+ GB. Sound crazy? It is. So is loading this many copies of the same game, no matter how old. Smiley)

MQ2MFilter (v1.1 edit: Don't use MQ2MFilter, in-game filtering command sufficient)
You can avoid using this plugin if you follow the excellent guide for /filter posted by Paldail:
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2973.0

Instructions on MQ2MFilter still linked in main post. If you are already using MQ2MFilter there is no need to stop using this plugin; change meant primarily for new players. MQ2MFilter offers advanced filtering options that the majority of players don't care for.

Stick Figures!
(Image added to main post)
Placing this line into your eqclient.ini:
StickFigures=1
will stop character models from loading and replace them with the stick figures you see in the image. As you can see, you will have a tough time actively playing the characters for which this is enabled. However, it certainly does lower memory usage and increase performance!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 10:07:09 am by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 11:03:51 am »

Forgot to mention that I have only tested StickFigures with the Underfoot client. If I read Lerxst's post correctly it sounds like StickFigures will work with the SoF client as well. So far I have one report from SoD saying StickFigures does not work, could anybody else confirm one way or the other or post instructions on how you got it to work in SoD? I will try and test it myself later tonight as well.

Blarr!
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 12:54:09 pm »

it only works in sof or later, was an april fools deal when sof client was going, and they kept it in due to positive response
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 08:17:36 am »

Hi,

I got changed one of my clients following your manual (just only have to do the MQ2Filter-issue) and it dropped from 757.000 to 550.000.  The only thing I didn't do is the stickyFigures.  You think it will make considerably more memory free ?

I'm using UF and have 6 clients/chars in 6 different EQ-folders.  I use MQ2 and QBCD and have 4 RAM available (Intel i5).  I thought to use my leader-char without changes in the EQ-folder and change the 5 other folders to minimum as you explained in this topic.   Is this a good way of thinking ?   Please, tell me if I'm wrong  Grin

Otherwise, I have one remark changing the EQCLIENT.INI-file.  Following lines are not available :

Sound=FALSE
MultiPassLighting=FALSE
AllLuclinPcModelsOff=TRUE
LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=FALSE
EnvSounds=0
UseD3DTextureCompression=TRUE

SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT IT ?

Kind regards,
ALRAZOR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Jump to: