Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:42:00 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Everquest Tweaks and Settings for Optimal Performance  (Read 209912 times)
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2013, 07:42:06 pm »

Have a new version of my MQ2Test plugin ready for testing if anybody is interested. This is for Underfoot clients only at the moment but can be expanded if there's interest.

What it does:
-Issues the /viewport 1 1 1 1 command on background clients and issues /viewport reset on foreground client as necessary. This saves a lot of GPU work if you're running multiple clients and shouldn't effect your gameplay at all.

-Closes the raid, inventory, and map window on background clients if they are open, and reopens them if they return to the foreground client. This cuts down on CPU load tremendously if these windows are left open in the background (especially map).

I've made a number of changes to eliminate any viewport bugs. In many months of use I have never found a clients screen to stay blacked out, as has been reported in previous releases. I've also made some changes to make the plugin run more efficiently.

Please message me in game or via pm if you find any problems, if there are no problems I will add this version to the file pack. Source code also available for the wary if you message me in game Smiley

http://houseofstrix.com/mike/MQ2Test.dll

Blarr!
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2013, 10:11:17 am »

Noticeable improvement on 12 boxes for me

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
bombest

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2013, 07:50:27 pm »

When i run options editor i get ERROR STRING NOT FOUND for all the selections..
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2013, 07:58:46 pm »

Can we get a screenshot?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2013, 10:07:48 pm »

Sounds like your EQSTR_US.txt file is corrupted or missing some lines.

Or maybe its a different file.. I am not 100% sure on this one Smiley
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:11:15 pm by Paldail » Logged

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2013, 09:20:36 pm »

:/
Orkin

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2014, 04:20:59 pm »

So I've adopted all of the things this guide says to do, but I can't seem to get more than 7 boxes working smoothly.  Once I start the 8th box, my CPU usage spikes to about 90 percent and then takes 10 +minutes to load a character.

I have 8 gigs of ram, and both of the files I'm running (the nice graphic game, and the edited less harsh version) are on an SSD hard drive.  I have an additional HDD that has 8-16 gigs allowed for paging.

I'm running wineq, mq2, and eqbcs while playing and nothing else outside of very general things on my computer.  I also boxed 12+ on PEQ and never had a problem like this.

Any ideas as to why my cpu usage goes through the roof on loading?  Also, if I do wait the almost half hour it takes to load 8+ boxes, the whole process starts over again if I zone.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2014, 04:26:46 pm »

What's your RAM usage at? It should be pretty low running the clients like you say, but 8 gigs could easily be capped with 8 clients running, combined with windows processes and an internet browser / random background crap.

BUT, it should be easy to run at least 10 clients or more on 8 gigs with a barebone client.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2014, 05:30:58 pm »

i can run 16 toons on my laptop with 4 gigs of ram and a cheap I5 processor....go all in on main toon..stick on the rest with min clip planes and actors....you will be fine...

Adidis

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2014, 08:29:08 pm »

Are you running EQplaynice in wineq2? If so you have to shut that off. MQ2 and it conflict and cause large ram usage.
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2015, 02:10:27 pm »

Here is a version of MQ2Test for the new RoF client. It is a beta version -- all features are working but I haven't played with it at length yet. Let me know if you have any troubles with it please.

If the client starts with a black screen remember you can type /viewport reset to reset things.

Download link
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:44:00 pm by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2015, 03:41:58 pm »

for some reason my bot client crashes when i zone to FG hall or T5 mini (same zone)
only fix I've found is to replace the GlobalLoad with the original

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2015, 03:46:13 pm »

If you wanted to keep the reduced global load settings, I suspect that stripping the zone file for that zone would fix your problem.

Change illsalina_chr.txt to
dke,dke

and see if that works.

Blarr!
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2015, 03:50:58 pm »

Nice, thanks for the updated test plugin Blarr!
Duluum

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2015, 05:20:47 pm »

Yeah Blarr, thanks for sharing the new MQ2MTest plugin Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987