Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:44:15 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Everquest Tweaks and Settings for Optimal Performance  (Read 209323 times)
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2015, 04:20:57 pm »

If you wanted to keep the reduced global load settings, I suspect that stripping the zone file for that zone would fix your problem.

Change illsalina_chr.txt to
dke,dke

and see if that works.

That worked =D ty
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2015, 07:16:19 pm »

My box army is freezing like non-other, and it is zone specific..  like I enter my guild instance of TOFS and i am stuck loading until I do a fuckin char mover..  wtf.

Most of these work fine on RoF2 client, didnt install anything, just select folder tweaks.  I dont like to completely gimp my clients (e.g. stick figures) but the changes i made have it at:

Memory:
Main Char: 480,000 k
Alts: 270-320,000 k each

Not sure if its on EZ's end, or EQemu.. but this freezing is making it unplayable. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 12:14:17 am by Tankdan » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2015, 12:50:26 am »

My box army is freezing like non-other, and it is zone specific..  like I enter my guild instance of TOFS and i am stuck loading until I do a fuckin char mover..  wtf.

Most of these work fine on RoF2 client, didnt install anything, just select folder tweaks.  I dont like to completely gimp my clients (e.g. stick figures) but the changes i made have it at:

Memory:
Main Char: 480,000 k
Alts: 270-320,000 k each

Not sure if its on EZ's end, or EQemu.. but this freezing is making it unplayable. 

In your EQ folder, check for a Log folder. Inside it, you should find an error or crash log. This will indicate if WHY you are crashing. I'm guessing it may be missing zone/map file...but who knows. Check that and let me know (or email me directly).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2015, 09:18:18 am »

http://tinyurl.com/TOFSFILES

Try those.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
simjosh

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2015, 06:30:43 am »

I have just recently received a free SSD 500gb HDD. It was an external backup drive that I have stripped of its case and plugged into my desktop directly.

I'm a little sketchy on if I should have added a Paging file on this drive?
It's currently a secondary drive ( norm - HDD main)... I've copied a version of EQ over that's cut down to this SSD to run atls from. Should I just ghost my OS to this SSD and use it as main and then run paging files on HDDs?   Still run a paging file from all drives as I do now?

Quad core 2.5 AMD
8g ram

Current system.    On (2) hdd-s 12g page file on SSD - 15g page file.

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2015, 02:48:44 pm »

When I was running 24 clients with 6GB of memory putting the paging file on my SSD helped enormously, as you would expect.

However, you are certainly adding a tremendous amount of read/writes to the drive, likely to the same sectors. I would not be surprised at all if my SSD had a 'dead zone' imprinted in that location, though I haven't tested it extensively.

i'm sure you could look up some more technical research out there, but it comes down to how comfortable you are potentially burning out areas of the drive.

I certainly recommend getting your OS and EQ clients on the SSD.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:31:32 pm by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
derekthom

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2015, 02:46:29 pm »

Does the StickFigures=1 command in eqclient.ini not work for RoF2? I have a core i5 4690k with 16GB of ram and my primary account/page file is run off my SSD and running 12 accounts is laggy as hell.

EDIT: nm, i had it at the bottom of the file and it needed to be up higher
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:53:52 pm by derekthom » Logged
Xenuite

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2015, 08:47:21 pm »

I'm currently playing on PEQ and made these changes to my secondary install. Now when I zone out of PoK, my bots can't see or target the PoK book in the destination zone. I can see it just fine on my main install.

I assume this is because I need to add something back to my GlobalLoad file, but I have no idea what. Any help?
Pyronost

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2015, 09:36:19 am »

PEQ =/= EZ. Their custom zone files are different from ours.

Rayge Face - 73 Warrior
Surprize Face - 73 Pal
Stowic Face - 73 Cleric
Kokaine Face - 72 Berzerker
Tranquill Face - 73 Monk
Rumblepack - 73 Bard
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2015, 11:48:07 am »

I'm currently playing on PEQ and made these changes to my secondary install. Now when I zone out of PoK, my bots can't see or target the PoK book in the destination zone. I can see it just fine on my main install.

I assume this is because I need to add something back to my GlobalLoad file, but I have no idea what. Any help?
There is a post in forum about bird bath (Aug sealer) not showing and how to get it back. I believe this would fix your issue as well. Just need to search.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
yizuman

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2016, 06:34:54 am »

I have 6 GM RAM on my laptop...

I suck at math, but what is the precise number should I put in the page drive setting by the EXACT numbers?

Including a screenshot so I know exactly what to put in based exactly what the screenshot looks like...

Appreciate any help I can get.

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2016, 08:25:47 am »

How many clients are you going to run?

Unless you are planning on running 18+ I think 2 x system memory should be sufficient--
Initial size: 12000
Maximum: 12000

Blarr!
yizuman

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2016, 09:17:52 am »

How many clients are you going to run?

Unless you are planning on running 18+ I think 2 x system memory should be sufficient--
Initial size: 12000
Maximum: 12000

6 clients, that's it for now.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2016, 11:42:31 am »

I have 6 GM RAM on my laptop...

I suck at math, but what is the precise number should I put in the page drive setting by the EXACT numbers?

Including a screenshot so I know exactly what to put in based exactly what the screenshot looks like...

Appreciate any help I can get.

The page file is effectively the "I ran out of RAM" space. It utilizes hard drive space instead of RAM, which is @#%@tons slower. However, full RAM and no page file = game over. Full RAM + Page File = slower, but functional. Depending on the size/function, I aim for 10-25% of the total RAM value. Since you aren't running a server with 100+ GB of RAM, I would shoot for 25% of your RAM. You said 6GB, so you could set it to something like 2048 MB (which is ~33% of your RAM value), which would give you *similar* (but not the same) to 8GB of RAM.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2016, 12:13:53 pm »

For 6 clients 8GB should be fine, can always up the value if you start to get crashes.

When I was running 24 clients on 6GB of memory I needed at minimum a 16GB page file, that was with fully stripped clients. There's no good X * GB of ram number to advertise as it just comes down to how much memory someone is going to need. (Which is very variable here on EZ!) Thus I always shoot high and don't have to troubleshoot crashes down the road Wink

Blarr!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 8678