Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:30:42 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Everquest Tweaks and Settings for Optimal Performance  (Read 209294 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2016, 01:45:28 pm »

For 6 clients 8GB should be fine, can always up the value if you start to get crashes.

When I was running 24 clients on 6GB of memory I needed at minimum a 16GB page file, that was with fully stripped clients. There's no good X * GB of ram number to advertise as it just comes down to how much memory someone is going to need. (Which is very variable here on EZ!) Thus I always shoot high and don't have to troubleshoot crashes down the road Wink

True enough. My info is from a sysadmin stance, not so much optional gaming performance. Ymmv (your mileage may vary).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2016, 01:52:56 pm »

I am thinking of a new system and I find this topic fascinating...

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2016, 02:05:10 pm »

Nowadays with modern hardware things are (delightedly) simplified.

Back on my old computer with 6GB of memory and lots of clients I explored a lot of rabbit holes trying to get things to run quickly with stability. How Hate described the page file is exactly right, and I needed a huge page file. It started with one large page file on a 7200 RPM drive, then two, then three paging files spread out over 3 7200 HDDs. Then ReadyBoost was a thing and it got even faster! (I was using multiple ReadyBoost drives of course Cheesy) Eventually I could afford a SSD and put the entire paging file on that, ultimately much faster than all the HDDs and USB drives put together. (Although doing this probably caused some damage to the SSD, thrashing it that way)

Then along came the new computer and 32GB of memory --> imagine all the clients that could be added Cheesy

Blarr!
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2016, 02:54:18 pm »

Here is a custom ROF2 MQ2 build based off MQ2Emulator.net source code. There are some minor modifications to the build to allow 3rd party plugins. (Yes, MQ2MTest is included)

It should have all the standard plugins included in MQ2Emulator's release, though I have tested nearly none of them. Please let me know if you have issues only present on this build.

I believe everything else is standard except for MQ2MoveUtils, which should behave almost identically to the versions you are used to. It will also run a little smoother in zones like T5 than you're probably used to...

www.houseofstrix.com/mike/MQ2EmuROF2_Blarr040916.zip

Many thanks to Dimur for helping test.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 03:48:30 pm by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2016, 03:03:37 pm »

How do you open a .rar type file?  I downloaded but it wont open.  Huh

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2016, 03:20:13 pm »

Use Winzip.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2016, 03:38:27 pm »

Winzip, winrar, 7zip are good starters.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2016, 08:25:39 am »

when i extract with 7zip it is still a .rar file  Huh

Nevermind i got it....just not 10% smarter than the equipment I am working with......  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 08:36:03 am by Orthanos » Logged

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2016, 04:48:10 pm »

only have to be 2% smarter
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2016, 02:28:47 pm »

Here is a custom ROF2 MQ2 build based off MQ2Emulator.net source code. There are some minor modifications to the build to allow 3rd party plugins. (Yes, MQ2MTest is included)

It should have all the standard plugins included in MQ2Emulator's release, though I have tested nearly none of them. Please let me know if you have issues only present on this build.

I believe everything else is standard except for MQ2MoveUtils, which should behave almost identically to the versions you are used to. It will also run a little smoother in zones like T5 than you're probably used to...

Downloaded this so i could try to use the MQ2MTest.dll to help run more than 12 toons on one computer....but I can't get the MQ2 to load through or connect to the EQBC server...the settings are all the same (right click>properties>Windows XP service pack 3>Run as Admin box checked) but it wont load in....I get a message on character select talking about recent changes to the MQ2 build, not sure if this is what is keeping it from loading in....the RoF2 MQ2 build i downloaded from the linked site works 100% but wont allow the MQ2MTest.dll to function (when you click on the client's screen it stays black) figured downloading this might allow it to work....any tips?

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2016, 03:17:19 pm »

Downloaded this so i could try to use the MQ2MTest.dll to help run more than 12 toons on one computer....but I can't get the MQ2 to load through or connect to the EQBC server...the settings are all the same (right click>properties>Windows XP service pack 3>Run as Admin box checked) but it wont load in....I get a message on character select talking about recent changes to the MQ2 build, not sure if this is what is keeping it from loading in....the RoF2 MQ2 build i downloaded from the linked site works 100% but wont allow the MQ2MTest.dll to function (when you click on the client's screen it stays black) figured downloading this might allow it to work....any tips?

Working fine for me

Have you changed the ip address in MQ2Eqbc.ini?

Use your true local ip address , ie 192.168.xxx.xxx, not 127.0.0.1, i think its a win10 thing, and dosent like it
assuming your are using win 10, but i always use the true ip anyway

Hope it Helps

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2016, 12:14:18 am »

Have you changed the ip address in MQ2Eqbc.ini?

Use your true local ip address , ie 192.168.xxx.xxx, not 127.0.0.1, i think its a win10 thing, and dosent like it
assuming your are using win 10, but i always use the true ip anyway

Hope it Helps

How do you find and use "your true local ip address"? the 127.0.0.1 in mq2eqbc.ini is the same on both builds and works on one but not the other, which seems odd to me that that could be the problem.....

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2016, 02:40:05 am »

Type CMD in the start/run box, or Cortana box
That will open a dos window
Type ipconfig in the dos window
That will give some basic ip info - you want the ipv4 address that's you local ip

But ......

i just downloaded this build again to look, changed the ip and added mq2mtest to the plugin section of the  macroquest.ini file
and noticed mq2eqbc wasn't their, so added that as well, and all working
That is prob why your /bca commands aren't working, try just adding that, and leave the 127.0.0.1, as see if that sorts it  

Hope that works =)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 02:51:02 am by Chieftan » Logged

Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2016, 10:16:12 am »

Downloaded your compile today to get access to MQ2Mtest - Works extremly well for me, notice the performance gain right away.

However, I think something's terribly wrong with mq2moveutils - For some odd reason I have toons flickering all over the screen when I issue moveto commands :

//Moveto Loc ${Me.Loc} ${Me.Z}

Should ask the toons to move to my location, and they do - But once they arrive, they start flickering all over the screen, back and forth - It's like they're fighting for space, all trying to stand on the exact same coordinate, but that's not the problem - Even if I issue the command to a single toon /bct xxx //Moveto Loc ${Me.Loc} ${Me.Z}, I get the same result.

Any ideas how to fix this? is it the compile, or can it be helped via settings in the ini?

Thanks Smiley

//Ekiir

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2016, 10:13:38 am »

I noticed when I use /bca //stick id ${Me.ID} !front UW

that the moveutils settings pop up and they don't respond to the command. What did I miss?

Keeze
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 104
  • Online Ever: 8678