Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:02:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: Everquest Tweaks and Settings for Optimal Performance  (Read 208200 times)
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2016, 02:34:18 pm »

Try lowercase uw Expletus. If that doesn't work try rearranging things, or taking out one at a time until you find the culprit that's breaking things. Then let me know which one and I can help debug via the source.

Ekiir it sounds to me like your moveto distance is set too low. Try deleting your moveutils ini and trying again or looking up the ini settings and adjusting to something larger.

Blarr!
Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2016, 03:30:14 pm »

Hey Blarr,

Thanks for the tip - I have tried with a clean ini, I also tried with default ini listed at mmobugs, had same result, they continue to flicker all over the screen - It's really strange - Were you able to do moveto like I posted without trouble?

The ini i tried :

[MoveTo]
AlwaysUW=off
ArrivalDist=10.0
ArrivalDistX=10.0
ArrivalDistY=10.0
BreakOnAggro=off
BreakOnHit=off
DistBackup=30.0
MoveToMod=0.0
UseBackward=off
UseWalk=on

Edit :

Started from a clean slate, and did as you recommended - Clean ini, and then tried to change /moveto dist from 10 to 100 and numbers inbetween - Made no difference - I am wondering what I am doing wrong, if the plugin is healthy.

Any chance you could post, or link to a pastebin of your ini?

Edit 2 :

Solved

After much testing, trial and error, I found out that moveutils does'nt like cap L's anymore Smiley - Maybe it never did in the first place

Thanks!

//EKiir
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 05:07:46 pm by Ekiir » Logged

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2016, 07:10:51 am »

the lower case UW works perfect! Thank you!

Keeze
Ryoz

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2017, 11:25:44 am »

So the main performance booster for me was restricting the FPS (as instructed above) on my box accounts. I can now run well over 6 whereas before 6 was a struggle.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:37:39 am by Ryoz » Logged
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2017, 05:24:01 pm »

I am currently investigating performance issues I am having with RoF2 client. As I posted on another thread, I have a Ryzen 7 cpu, 16 gigs of DDR4, a 960 EVO M2 drive, GTX1080 gpu.  RoF2runs like shit on this system in anything but 16-bit color in Windows 7.
In windows 10 and all current drivers (and fresh install of all software and system, it is NOT my OS or software,) I literally fired up a single instance without my isboxer or any other mods, ran the graphics configure and turned everything off or down. I went into the client and turned clip planes off except for 10% on main clip and actor clip plane then spun around and stuttered horribly anytime there were toons around (nexus players or npc in any zone.) I did every optimization listed in this guide and still had similar results, even stick figures.
I just re-downloaded ROF2 from the wiki link and am going to do everything all over again and see how it goes. So far it's the same, I turned all graphics down, models and sound off and it's a stuttering mess. I need to do all of the ini tweaks still and filters.
Am I the only one having such issues? I can't even play one windowed instance, let alone actually box. I can run 16 in Win7 in 16-bit desktop color mode no problem.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:26:01 pm by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Zeldd

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2017, 06:36:14 pm »

hmm. i run windows 10 with 4.0ghz quad core i7 chip not overclocked, 16gb ddr4 ram, solid state hardrive, and an nvidia gtx 1060 3gb video card and i can easily run 18 toons with zero lag or stutter on rof2 client. im using the latest graphics card driver, and keep all drivers up to date with zero issue. and the graphics are turned all the up on all clients. i use Blarr's ez file pack found in the first of this thread. this post prolly doesnt help you much but maybe it can help to narrow it down.
Peign
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2017, 10:03:39 pm »

I think the issue lies with the 1080 gpu.   Potentially it is conflicting with Direct X 9 or 10.    Or maybe an issue with the driver.    Not positive but this is the 2nd issue I've seen with the 1080 running ROF2 with less performance than other older cards.      I run a 1070 and it works well with ROF2.       

Are you able to play other more modern games with your 1080?    Is ROF2 recognizing the card or is it defaulting to your integrated graphics?

Do a search for DDU (Display Driver Uninstall) and try running that and reinstalling your drivers.    If that doesnt work I'd research potential issues with Direct X 9 or 10 (whichever EQ uses). 

ZerarWarrior

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2017, 06:11:04 am »

I run a FX8350 and have found that if I OC it even a little to 4.2 say instead of native 4.0 RoF2 won't even run. However if I keep it at 4.0 and leave everything else alone (24 Gb of DDR3 1666 RAM, and a 850 EVO SSD running with a slightly OC'd GTX1050Ti) it runs smooth with 18 loaded 99.9% of the time. I do get some slight issues with video lag, but only when a lot of clients are zoning or zoning into the Halloween version of the nexus at first.

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2017, 12:23:40 am »

I run all modern games with 0 issues. I just installed Destiny 2 two days ago and have been playing the hell out of it in glorious 4k, no problems or lag at all. Also I do have 3 different computers with wildly different hardware and all have this issue. One has a GTX 780ti haswell I5 cpu, other is a gen2 I7 with an ancient GTX 260. I think it has to be my settings due to the problem being across them all. I always just ran in 16-bit and even then, I could not run more than 8 reliably on the old hardware, which is why I updated to the Ryzen 7.
I did re-dload all rof2 files and put in the ezserver files and tried many settings in game (and ran the options editor and turned all graphics down, sound off) and had the same reslults.  I mean even without all of the .ini tweaks this game should not run so horribly with one instance.

As for my OS, I run it really clean. I am an old school tech and always have payed attention to my running processes and have everything in the nvidia display properties set to performance, and pre-rendered frames 1, aa off etc. I also Have windows settings set to performance and cpu minimum set to 100%.

I am wondering if my Gfx card is throttling down or something, I am thinking I will force it to run at 100% full time and see what happens (I think I can do this with EVGA precision.)Also, I am going to use the Blarr files if I can get them. I tried once and it was a broken link. I do not run an anti-virus, but I do scan with a remote service once a week and re-load my OS from known good (and recently from scratch.) I have 0 issues with any of my pcs in any other games or applications. My internet is also not the fastest around, but consistant with 30MB dload, 2MB upload. ( I know eq does not stress this at all, especially running just one instance.)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:32:15 am by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Zeldd

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2017, 11:10:11 am »

Use this linkhttp://www.thoughtmedium.com/mike/EZ%20File%20Pack.zip you will manually have to load the mq2MTest plugin.  just type /plugin mq2mtest.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:19:39 am by Zeldd » Logged
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2017, 03:16:37 pm »

could be the same OLD problem EQ always had with AMD.
there's some settings in the bios you need to tweak I think... idk.. google it.

AMD - when second best is good enough(tm)!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:27:54 am by walk2k » Logged

gnonim

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2017, 10:08:15 am »

Does anyone run on a Chromebook?  Would be nice to have something that i could use on the road...  I only run six toons.
lookin

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2019, 06:53:30 pm »

bit of a rez of an old post but. 

in the eqclient.ini  you can set CPUAffinity1=  from its current setting of =1 change it to =-1 and this will allow everquest to use multiple cores.   i didn't see this anywhere but i may have missed it.   
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2019, 07:11:31 am »

Something I always liked to do was set the affinity of my clients to use all cores. I was hoping your trick would do that Lookin but I wasn't able to get it working that way on RoF2.

In the past I used a program called ProcessLasso, believe they have a functional free version still, that always worked well.

Blarr!
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2020, 03:17:29 pm »

windows 8+ users
Cpuaffinity

so my pc crashed the other day and I got a new one. doing a full re install I found some help on how to properly confifure cpu affinity

Edit your eqclient.ini file in the [default] section
CPUAffinityx=-1 (change all cpuaffinity=-1)

after this log on just 1 toon

start task manger
goto the "details" section
find eqgame.exe
right click to set affinity
set to all
close
restart eq
watch your cpu drop dramatically

This is a huge upgrade.
worth the time and effort by far
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 02:38:48 pm by WatchYouDie » Logged