Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:36:50 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Graphical Glitches  (Read 7553 times)
Nelran

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2012, 09:07:58 pm »

So, I've had some... interesting glitches when it comes to mostly the Nexus, but there's a few others as well.

My top three.

Headlights 1

Headlights 2

The new necro pet

So, what're your favorite glitches, if you've got any?
1flytrapp
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 12:36:20 am »

looks like you need to update your video drivers or replace video card
Nelran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 06:17:13 am »

Nah, it's a new card.  Happens rarely when I port all three boxes into the Nexus at once.  One of the unfocused instances rarely glitches out.
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 07:11:26 am »

This happens to me a lot when i get disconnected from inactivity and log back in without killing and restarting the client instance.

Hulkmad
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 05:34:13 pm »

You're playing on a tinkered with fudged up emulated version of a game that was last programmed to be optimized with third generation AGP video cards, pentium 3 era processors and DX9 on Windows XP. Sometimes the miracle is that the bear can dance at all, not how well it can waltz.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 05:36:16 pm »

Ok.....so first gen Prescott P4's, not P3's Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Stormcougar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 12:13:44 pm »

I kind like the second one...now to see if I can replicate it.
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 10:05:58 am »

I get something similar as seen in the 1st screenshot.  I thought it was my client so I D/Led a new one.. same effect as well as a fresh Win7 install(All Windows updates completed).  I notice this when I relog toons or after a disconnect.  To fix the issue, I close and restart the client as mentioned aboive.  I can experience this anywhere from 5 mins in to 6 hours in. 

I am running: (Not at home so pardon my lack of specifics)
Windows 7 64bit
I7 2.8 ghz
12 gigs of ram
Nvidia Geforce 5 series running the 306.* driver (latest stable build)
HoT client
EQ is on a SATA drive
DX9 components installed as well.
xelurasa

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 11:33:05 am »

So when this happens to me I maximize the window by double clicking the top bar of my everquest client that is open. This gets rid of any warping or missing graphics for me. Then I double click the top bar to get back to the window size I wanted. Hope this helps.
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 01:13:42 pm »

I get something similar as seen in the 1st screenshot.  I thought it was my client so I D/Led a new one.. same effect as well as a fresh Win7 install(All Windows updates completed).  I notice this when I relog toons or after a disconnect.  To fix the issue, I close and restart the client as mentioned aboive.  I can experience this anywhere from 5 mins in to 6 hours in. 

I am running: (Not at home so pardon my lack of specifics)
Windows 7 64bit
I7 2.8 ghz
12 gigs of ram
Nvidia Geforce 5 series running the 306.* driver (latest stable build)
HoT client
EQ is on a SATA drive
DX9 components installed as well.

Frist of all its not your video card its fine....your DX9 is corrupt i had hte same problem i just reinstalled and it fixed most issues...also you are prob not running eq as admin  you are running same client as me and have better ram and i dont have these issues.

i would tell you to use Wineq2 to help with graphics *it does lower the video card useage/load* other then that the only thing i can tell you is to reget HoT as the copy you have has corrupted files
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 02:21:29 pm »

I use innerspace to launch my clients which is based off of WinEQ.  I'll have to see if there is an option to run EQ as admin through innerspace. 

Also, I should have mentioned that I am currently using the HoT client but prior to this weekend I was running a UF client.  DX9 doesn't seem to be the problem as with both OS installs, DX9 was updated off of the MS site.  I have had this problem with Both EQ clients and both installs of Win7.

I am using a custom UI.  Maybe I will try using the stock UI and see if that resolves the issues.  Where/how are you updating DX9 components?  Maybe the MS install isn't getting the required files.

Not really something that is killing my gaming experience, just more of an annoyance.  I just wanted to share so others know that they aren't the only ones seeing these issues.  =)
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 03:34:21 pm »

This happens to me from time to time after long sessions with lots of zoning. I don't use any special programs for my EQ sessions, so I fix it by just double-clicking on the window bar twice (unmaximize, maximize) and it goes away.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 10:33:41 pm »

First, there is no HoT client, it's still Underfoot no matter what anyone tells you.  If you don't believe me, check it here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ClientVersions  Those are the only clients the emu supports.

This is a pretty common issue with Underfoot if you camp or disconnect and then enter the world again without completely closing the client.  I've personally never had it happen just from zoning, but I would guess it's the same issue which looks like the client has left the DirectX device in an inconsistent state.

Anything that forces it to reset the device, like switching to/from fullscreen and back, or changing resolution might fix it.  I just make sure that anytime I switch toons or disconnect that I just close the client completely and restart.  It takes a few extra seconds, but worth it to avoid the problem.
Stuff4Sale

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 10:36:45 pm »

This was discussed once before... The "HoT" client allows you to zone into a couple of zones out of HoT (IIRC), but all the rest of the pack is still UF. I can't remember exactly how Lerxst explained it last time this was brought up.
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 09:13:55 am »

@lerxst2112 - Thanks for the clarification on the Client versions.  I had grabbed one that was labeled as HoT which was were my assumption came from.   Also thanks for the information about this being a known bug with UF. I will follow your advice on a complete closure of the client to avoid this issue.

Thanks again everyone.  Pardon my noobness. Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678