Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:30:01 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: Halloween Event (2012)  (Read 77645 times)
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2012, 12:41:23 pm »

I like the tiered idea with lowbies having big pub zone and high end having instances. The bigger guilds will have 100 toons just by themselves, i know mine will.  Maybe make each tier or set of tiers say 1-2, 3-4, 5, 6 have diff zone and boss/ loot table with 5 and 6 having instances. High end guilds have fought hard to get where they are and should have a guild instance to party in, or they can chose to mingle with the other tiers. Its a week long so will have plenty of time to party with everyone and lesser guilds can unite to take on higher tiers. I really think this is the best way to serve everyone.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2012, 09:45:27 pm »

High end guilds have fought hard to get where they are and should have a guild instance to party in
+1
1flytrapp
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 08:02:09 am »

Great Idea but i dont like the non instance idea . IMO this will create so much lag that will crash zone over and over
Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 12:05:10 pm »

I can see the want for high end guilds to have their own instance. But if the point was to play nice together, which I gather from hunter was the point this year, it defeats the purpose. Course, I'm still finishing UC's and T4 so I'm still a lowbie by comparison.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:07:53 pm by Takishi » Logged
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 05:23:57 pm »

I can see the want for high end guilds to have their own instance. But if the point was to play nice together, which I gather from hunter was the point this year, it defeats the purpose.

More than ~50 moving players in a zone defeats the purpose almost guaranteed. Throw in deaths/rezzing/crashes and the fact that the zone will end up with hundreds of players (many without proper filters setup) is sure-fire disaster.

I think a very expensive guild instance option would do the trick. (Millions per) I'd certainly prefer almost any option involving instances than not, even if the encounter was made to be extra difficult in instances. Without serious improvements to how the server handles large populations in single zones, I can't imagine anyone being able to experience the encounter as intended without instances.

Blarr!
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 06:08:29 pm »

I understand Hunters desire to get us all to play together, Hell, i like the idea. I also understand others views that were just gona have a bunch of leechers with no input whatsoever, hence the desires for instances. And then there is server/zone stability and the desires for instances for that.

My fear is with what we had during the last Doubleloot, instances or not, its not gona work  Huh I guess i'd vote (not that there is a option) for whatever is stable,playable and allows/encourages people to play Together instead of there own little private playgrounds.
Doublep

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2012, 09:17:44 am »

Playing together is what a lot people are saying here but also that there is some big guilds that if was to get all together will have 80 to 100 char there self. So add couple these guilds plus general population can expect 250+ trying to be in the zone. I like the idea of if do have instances can have to pay so much or make little harder. You will still have 70 to 100 people in general public instance. I know i experiences bad lag out situations when have 50+ in most zones. Some the bigger players in EZ have issues due to not the greatest computer or internet which makes large populated instance horrible for them. So all in the Bosses Hands but Instances of a certain kind will help out everyone have a better Halloween event.
zymral

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 09:37:45 am »

Just my two cents but from the sound of it hunter is going to make the bosses extremly hard to kill. If that is the case then if you make intances then only the guilds will get halloween fun and tge rest will get a rez fest.... I dont know how to make this better but that seems to be how it would turn out. The main issue would be there is no incentive to leave the guild instance.
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 10:25:18 am »

I get what you guys are saying about guilds and instances, but the point of Halloween is that it's a server-wide event. This isn't progression we're talking about.

If Hunter can get the server to support the load, I think the open/tiered event idea is fantastic.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 04:20:55 pm »

Basically what I'm hearing is.... ready for it?

End game Guilds come kill this for us so we get credit too? ( cause it's hard and I have no charms..but I want Uber items too even though I don't invest in my goon..)

here I'll leave it on cause I'm sure nubs will start to flame me...

/e turns gas on
/e walks away
/flame on

Either way if lag isn't bad I'll be there to help, but if the zone is questionable.. /meh going to find something else to do besides crash and LSC....

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 04:23:52 pm »

End game Guilds come kill this for us so we get credit too? ( cause it's hard and I have no charms..but I want Uber items too even though I don't invest in my goon..)

/e turns gas on
/e walks away
/flame on

Either way if lag isn't bad I'll be there to help, but if the zone is questionable.. /meh going to find something else to do besides crash and LSC....

QFT

Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 04:43:48 pm »

Not sure if this is too much work or not, but how about using three large zones, one for 70 - t2 for lowbies (zone boss at par with chronos with higher hp), and two t3+ zones for higher end. Mix in some random rare loot (tempered to flag), different mobs and badass bosses and you have yourself a party.

You can also flag restrict to zone. Anyone flagged for t3 cannot participate in 70-t2 event. Should help with the spread, and help eliminate piggy backing.

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
zymral

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 07:35:23 pm »

No i am not saying highend guilds come kill it for me. I am saying lets not have it so 2 guilds get to have an event and the rest of the server oh well. What i have seen from what hunter has said is the mobs are going to be so hard the server will have to work together to kill them. If that is the case and instances are put in then it will be a high guild only event. Would you like it if only  t-2 geared and below can participate? I didnt think any one in a high end guild would like it even though most of the toons on the server are t2 or below.
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2012, 07:37:01 pm »

/e turns gas on
/e walks away
/flame on

oh man Fugi - nothing like stirring the pot, huh?

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2012, 07:40:48 pm »

T2 and below? Negative I would say a good 60% of the server population is between 3.5 and 5.0 with gear ranging from T3 to T5. The next highest % would likely be between T5 and T6, ranging between 4.5 and 6.0.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)