Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:56:58 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: Halloween Event (2012)  (Read 78379 times)
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2012, 07:42:16 pm »

No i am not saying highend guilds come kill it for me. I am saying lets not have it so 2 guilds get to have an event and the rest of the server oh well. What i have seen from what hunter has said is the mobs are going to be so hard the server will have to work together to kill them. If that is the case and instances are put in then it will be a high guild only event. Would you like it if only  t-2 geared and below can participate? I didnt think any one in a high end guild would like it even though most of the toons on the server are t2 or below.

Actually, it will be a zergfest.  Charge the mob, do some damage, die, rez, or zone back in.   Wash-Rinse-Repeat until the mob is dead.  Pretty much what we saw last year with Stone Monster.

If you want to make it interesting ...

Don't allow anyone to zone in or rez while the mob's health is below 100%.

Kushie

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2012, 08:40:41 pm »

I was at 25+ kills of stone monster last year, and only a few were zerg rez rushes. Mostly when outside pug's tried to join in.

Bitch please.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2012, 09:12:04 pm »

All the ones I saw or heard of were Zergs. Maybe ya'll had some uber secret ones I didn't see or hear about.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2012, 10:02:28 pm »

All the ones I saw or heard of were Zergs. Maybe ya'll had some uber secret ones I didn't see or hear about.

secret was.. dont let paladins tank

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2012, 10:16:45 pm »

Lol, what I saw everyone took a turn tanking... and zoning back in.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2012, 01:53:58 am »

Just don't crash the zone and everyone gets reward. Should be good.

Might make it more than one zone, not sure yet.

You should be able to bind in the zone in case you do die. If you happen to be main tank that gets killed seconds before the mob dies, well then that sucks.

This event should be awsome. Not much I can do about crashing, and I'm not making it instances. Maybe a level limit though for starters. If you remember, the zone memory leak was fixed in the last year or so. If too many people are online or in the zone, then just come back when population is sleeping.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2012, 02:08:43 am »

Lol, what I saw everyone took a turn tanking... and zoning back in.

hahaha ya.. when we used paladins to tank thats what happened...

MCed paladins go around killing people... warriors go around hitting people like a wet noodle

Using 2 warriors was definitely the key to making SM much more manageable  back then.

Out of range cures was also helpful too  Tongue

Darkintellect

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2012, 06:15:23 am »

...If you happen to be main tank that gets killed seconds before the mob dies, well then that sucks...

Guess it's good my main is a Necro then Grin

Oh and congrats on 7,000th post Hunter. 3,000 more and you get a free footlong at any participating Subway.
Price and participation may vary

-Vessel
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:18:08 am by Darkintellect » Logged
Kushie

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2012, 01:34:13 pm »

How many did you participate in again?

We killed him with 15 people.

Bitch please.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2012, 01:57:11 pm »

Did not say that I killed any of them, nor did I say I participated in any of them. I watched a lot of them though and heard about even more. Everyone that I saw, and everyone that I heard of were zerg fests. I never saw nor have I even heard of one being put down with any other tact much less than one put down with 15 toons.
Maybe ya'll had some uber secret ones I didn't see or hear about.

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2012, 02:15:07 pm »

Last couple days we really got the hang of it, we thought we would lose when we had 3 groups but we pravailed! Was such a rush and quite an accomplishment, pretty much went from almost everyone dying to everyone living.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Kushie

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2012, 02:21:43 pm »

Did not say that I killed any of them, nor did I say I participated in any of them. I watched a lot of them though and heard about even more. Everyone that I saw, and everyone that I heard of were zerg fests. I never saw nor have I even heard of one being put down with any other tact much less than one put down with 15 toons.

Oh so you are misinformed. Relying on hearsay. Gotcha.

Bitch please.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2012, 02:45:16 pm »

Oh so you are misinformed. Relying on hearsay. Gotcha.

I am pretty sure somewhere in my post I put in there that I saw the zerg fest as well. And to put your little attempt at gotcha into perspective the majority of the 'hearsay' was from your guild. That's not to even mention the ooc banter. I have had higher ups in your guild flat out say 'we zerg'd it, it was the only way we could beat it'.

So, I am not misinformed. Maybe you misremembered?

Kushie

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2012, 03:01:32 pm »

We had 3 kills with only 2 tank deaths. One kill with 15 people. Video is still on my laptop from the contest. I recorded about half of them. When randoms decided they could join us of course it got zergy, but we still got the kills and the loot.

You can remember it however you want. Your jealousy was oozing last year so you need to remember it favorably for yourself and slanderous for us.

We had that fight on lock down and farm mode much to your dismay.

Bitch please.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2012, 03:32:19 pm »

Lmao, you mad? The only part I got irritated with is that the fight was put down with nothing but zerg. I felt like under the current mechanics of the game the only way the fight could be won was with zerg. No skill was used in that, just zerg. I watched the videos, not just yours but all that were submitted. I saw no organized attempts nor did I see any 15 toon team take him down.

I have no beef with Forbidden Prophesy for taking down Stone Monster, but a zerg is a zerg and a zerg is not skill.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 91