Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:52:43 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Charm Quest – a guide.  (Read 47768 times)
genoside

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 03:42:06 pm »

its been a wile since any one really updated this but.  After you get a uc on your pali i think 6 is probably the fastest as i turn three plus an hour and thats not counting the 10 credit tokens you get to.  I use Pali (to pull) as the pali can heal him self with the new instant group heal if he needs to and can take a hit as well.  Rest of group is bard for selos and a DS Druid for new 11 min regen and new 15k base aoe, wizzy for new aoe, 2 mages to coth me one parked by each boss if im feeling lazy i will park shm out in pub and grab a hp buff ever 54 mins from him.  I first pull the page 10 boss then run mage there then kill page 9 boss pulling everything to entrance with selos this goes prity fast.  after first round of killing you can coth to the two far ends of the zone and do this in two pulls then look one big pile of corpses.  I usually only have to wait a min or two for mobs to respawn.  one upgrade every two or three piles of corpses is the average some piles i will pull a couple upgrades out of.  Your tank dosent have to have a ton of hp since he can heal him self and runs faster then mobs with selos as long as you can aoe them fast at entrance.  Just how i do it but seems to be way faster then ldon 4 i spent alot of time there on first one and 6 now for second and third seems way faster.
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 03:45:44 pm »

ummmm... what?
Woodee

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2012, 08:36:19 am »

I am working on my 3rd uc, and that seems like a really complicated way to do it. I have always just used my warrior to pull, he mass kills so much faster then my pally. I farm ldon 4, use those points to buy brawler. Then i farm ldon 5 and use those points to buy gaurdian. Just a system i use that works well for me, because im not a big fan of killing in ldon 2&3. I am sure everyone has their own system that works well for them.
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 11:04:41 am »

I've just been pullin to crossroads with war and UC toon waiting at crossroads. Using Coth a lot too. Seems to be almost as fast as farming 4 for points, but less boring because 6 is not a bland cave full of rocks to dodge. Also pulls in 4 have a tendency to lag me out.
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 11:36:41 am »

I really liked 6, its constant pulling and a good amount of gems if you wanta get some aug cash. Honestly think its the best to uc with since all charms drop there. If you find yourself needing just Oracles and one other though i'd camp 4, it is the most reliable imo. To each his own though, either way you look at it is a long grind, but worth it.
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 04:32:41 pm »

6 also doesn't have stones of descent, and you can set up audio triggers for "II" (that's two is) and "lore" on your looter so you know when to destroy augs or if for some reason you're trying to loot a charm that you already have one of.
Undeterred

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012, 04:29:19 pm »

I tend to like 4 the best as well ... especially on double loot weekends ...

No one hunts 2 or 3 because of the doors... they really take too much time to open...

5 is okay, but found there isn't enough mobs

Lastly 6 doesn't have cards, and bosses don't drop 50's that really can add up ... plus the mobs die a bit slower than the other levels ... I found 6 is actually worse on double loot weekends as you have to wade through twice as many corpses many of them holding illusion cards and augs
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012, 04:51:30 pm »

No one hunts 2 or 3 because of the doors... they really take too much time to open...

Lastly 6 doesn't have cards, and bosses don't drop 50's that really can add up ... plus the mobs die a bit slower than the other levels ... I found 6 is actually worse on double loot weekends as you have to wade through twice as many corpses many of them holding illusion cards and augs

I will say L2 and L3 need card, coin, or charm rates slightly increased to compensate for the doors and smaller mob pools.  Just my opinion though.

L6 has always been very generous to me with double loot. I get a hefty amount of charms. If you don't need a certain charm (say brawler), find some lowbie to clean up bodies in exchange for that charm. This will give them something to do, something less for you, and overall time savings.

Just my opinion and experience. Your milage may vary. etc etc

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2012, 06:05:43 pm »

At least 6 doesn't have stones of descent. Here is the best way to deal with the trashy loots on 6:

1) Set an audio trigger on your looter character for "upgrade" and have him leave all channels to avoid it triggering from people selling charms. Another audio trigger for "lore" is also a good idea, in case for some reason you are trying to loot a charm you already have (perhaps mid pull or something)

2) Take a 10 slot bag, and put a 1 stack of the 10 credit token in every slot. This ensures you can have 10000 credits worth of inventory space at least. You can do this for multiple bags. Put the bag lower down in your inventory (like, slot 6-8). You can do similar with the illusion cards, and kind of destroy them as you go.

3) Make sure the first 2 containers are completely empty. This is where all your stupid augs will wind up, as well as charm upgrades should you loot one. This way, you can easily go through and destroy your augs every couple pulls. You can make an audio trigger for II if you want as that will trigger when you loot a worthless aug, but this is kinda unnecessary.

4) If you decide to use eqbc (kind of a grey area, but it's not automating gameplay such that you could be afk farming) you can make a macro on the guy you are feeding the charms that is:

/tar corpse
/lootall

Then, while you are pulling mobs, you can have a hotkey on your puller that is:

/bct [charname] //keypress #

Where [charname] is obviously your looter, and # is the hotkey number. Make sure your looter has /lootnodrop never so that it just cleans every single corpse. While you are pulling, you can be mashing the button to have your other guy loot the corpses, which greatly increases your efficiency, since you can pull and loot simultaneously.

Final note: Manually loot chaos/balrog so you don't accidentally loot the pages/weapons and have them junking up your inventory.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 82
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)