Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:52:41 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Print
Author Topic: MQ2 macros  (Read 149958 times)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2016, 12:46:47 pm »

depends on how you do it...

I would cast the group regen and then spam the nuke....how I do that is simple;

/bccmd Natur //cast 1; //cast 2

no delay or fancy foot work... when the first spell gem is on cool down the second one will cast... so i just spam the button and i get a few extra regen casts sure...nut who cares right?

you can get fancy but just cast the long delay spell first.. then the short recast one second... and spam away on the button...

Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2016, 06:24:36 pm »

/delay is second
/pause is millisecond

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2016, 09:32:34 am »

They are both in tenths of a second.

/delay is very accurate and I would recommend always using it over /pause.

Blarr!
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2016, 05:45:36 pm »

druid regen needs about 3.5 seconds to refresh gems
so that would be /delay 35 yes? or 40 to be sure...

walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2016, 05:53:43 pm »

ok.. /delay doesn't work. doesnt matter what I put in there /delay 2 or /delay 50000 (fifty thousand) both pause about 1.5 to 2 seconds. which is not enough..

using /pause 40 works... seems to actually pause about 5-6 seconds but..
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 05:56:13 pm by walk2k » Logged

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2016, 07:51:54 am »

Sorry Walk I was a little hasty in my response earlier. Here is a short novel on the uses of /pause, /delay, and /timed Smiley

The difference is that /pause is an Everquest command, designed to work with hotkeys. /delay is an MQ2 command, which will halt MQ2 code. For hotkeys what you can use instead of /delay is /timed.

Keep in mind there is also a small built-in delay between each line of a hotkey. You can see this in action by making the hotkey:

/echo ${Time.SecondsSinceMidnight}
/delay 100
/pause 100

A few clicks will show the delay does nothing where we expect 10s, but the second echo is a second or so delayed. The pause 100 should be about accurate at 10 seconds.

I like to use /timed over /pause because it uses less lines and feels more precise. Here's how timed works:

/timed 50 /echo ${Time.SecondsSinceMidnight}
/timed 100 /echo ${Time.SecondsSinceMidnight}

The timed command says, wait # tenths of a second, then issue the command that follows. So when you click that hotbutton, all 3 commands are entered at once, but certain ones are timed to execute later.

One way you can really clean up your timings is to use /timed and /multiline together.

/multiline ; /echo ${Time.SecondsSinceMidnight} ; /timed 30 /echo ${Time.SecondsSinceMidnight} ; /timed 60 /echo ${Time.SecondsSinceMidnight}

Because that command is issued on one line of a hotkey, there is no built-in hotkey delay to mess up the timings. Because it is all queued in MQ2, the timed works properly and exactly.

Blarr!
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2016, 08:42:44 am »

That is awesome. I have never used /timed but I will be now.

Thanks Blarr

walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2016, 03:17:10 pm »

so... I'm trying to get my chanter to send his pet, and cast 2 spells
his macro should look like this.

(first my control toon sends /bca //target *my target*, so they all have the assist target), then:

1. /stick 20 uw
2. /pet attack
3. /pause 20 (to let him finish moving into position, otherwise the spell below gets interrupted)
4. /cast 1 (tash)
5. /pause 30 (to let tash cast and gems to refresh)
6. /cast 2 (breathless DOT)

now obviously 6 lines is 1 too many.. so I tried

3. /multiline; /pause 20; /cast 1
4. /pause 30
5. /cast 2

the pause in the multiline is ignored, I tried /pause 200, pause 3000... it doesn't pause at all. tried /delay too, which doesnt ever work IMO. the pause on its own line does work.

also tried
2. /multiline; /pet attack; /delay 20
3. /cast 1

doesn't work either, again the pause on multiline is ignored.

any idears?

Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2016, 05:24:43 am »

I am not sure how multiline handles pauses, if at all - But, since you have 5 lines in a hotkey to work with, I would try something like this - Leave the pause out of the multiline :

/multiline ; /stick 20 uw; /pet attack
/pause 20
/cast 1
/pause 30
/cast 2

I don't know if the space " " between multiline and the semicolon in the first argument is vital, but it works in my macros

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2016, 09:55:56 am »

Sorry Walk I was a little hasty in my response earlier. Here is a short novel on the uses of /pause, /delay, and /timed Smiley

The difference is that /pause is an Everquest command, designed to work with hotkeys. /delay is an MQ2 command, which will halt MQ2 code. For hotkeys what you can use instead of /delay is /timed.

Keep in mind there is also a small built-in delay between each line of a hotkey. You can see this in action by making the hotkey:

/delay 100
/pause 100

A few clicks will show the delay does nothing where we expect 10s, but the second echo is a second or so delayed. The pause 100 should be about accurate at 10 seconds.

I like to use /timed over /pause because it uses less lines and feels more precise. Here's how timed works:

/timed 50 /echo ${Time.SecondsSinceMidnight}
/timed 100 /echo ${Time.SecondsSinceMidnight}

The timed command says, wait # tenths of a second, then issue the command that follows. So when you click that hotbutton, all 3 commands are entered at once, but certain ones are timed to execute later.

One way you can really clean up your timings is to use /timed and /multiline together.

/multiline ; /echo ${Time.SecondsSinceMidnight} ; /timed 30 /echo ${Time.SecondsSinceMidnight} ; /timed 60 /echo ${Time.SecondsSinceMidnight}

Because that command is issued on one line of a hotkey, there is no built-in hotkey delay to mess up the timings. Because it is all queued in MQ2, the timed works properly and exactly.

Two posts above yours...

Blarr!
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2016, 11:32:01 pm »

Ya, I tried /timed but it didn't work, but now I realized I was using it wrong, like it was multiline.. got it working now thx

Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2016, 07:17:11 am »

Ya, I tried /timed but it didn't work, but now I realized I was using it wrong, like it was multiline.. got it working now thx

I'm currently on a hiatus, however, for posterity, and potentially helping someone else down the line, please post what your issue was and how you fixed it, could save someone else a headache later.

walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2016, 03:41:26 pm »

yes. what I was doing was using multiline, like this

/multiline ; /timed 10; /cast 1

you don't need multiline, /timed is already sorta "multi line"

the correct usage is

/timed 10 /cast 1

so my chanters macro now looks like

/stick 20 uw
/pet attack
/timed 10 /cast 1
/timed 25 /cast 2

Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2016, 09:30:31 am »

If you want to go the multiline route with /timed:

/multiline ; /bct ToonName //Target ID ${Target.ID} ; /bct ToonName //pet attack ; /bct ToonName //casting 28809 ; /bct ToonName //timed 60 /casting 5397 

This would cast the first spell, then send the pause to the toon followed by the second spell specifically /bct ToonName //timed 60 /casting 5397 as you have to send the /timed as a command to the character.
The numbers after /casting being the spell ID 

To add Stick to that:

/multiline ; /bct ToonName //Target ID ${Target.ID} ; /bct ToonName //pet attack ; /bct ToonName  //stick 12 ; /bct ToonName //casting 28809 ; /bct ToonName //timed 60 /casting 5397 
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2016, 11:38:01 am »

it would be very cumbersome to send individual commands like that to every toon in a raid (10+)

I just send one command from my tank/control toon (well, 2)

/bca //target (my target)
/bca //keypress 1

then each toon has a macro on key 1 that does different things depending on class/role..

thanks for the help all, I got it working well now Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 8678