Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 06:25:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: Ninjalooting  (Read 43411 times)
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2010, 01:49:11 pm »

how is asking for clarification of the rules trying to get around them? 0_o I ask about them as to not break them not to find a way to break them >_<

I like your disregard for the first part of my post that showed you obviously know there are more options for the single player than just ninalooting or quiting.  I did mention I was talking about people in general asking these questions. The rule is very clear about what ninjalooting is.  People who want to take other people's items without permission on some factor like corpse time or lack of response are trying to get around that rule.  It was the same with people not wanting to give up tiki camps when after 5 minutes had elapsed they couldnt use them.

And how many of those times was it to help a new player you just met to get tokens in qvic? I see others helping people by grouping them in potime as well as ldon. But i have as of yet see a person allowed to join a qvic group to help them get tokens. Finding groups for qvic is very dificult to do from what i have experienced and seen.

Apparently beggars should be choosers. I think this is why you got the chip on your shoulder comment. You have now moved on from just saying people don't help to saying people don't help in the right way.

Aside from the fact that not everyone is your mother and does not have an ethical requirement to help you as much as possible this is just another wrong statement. People kill mobs for others that give them no benefit all the day long.  I know I killed in Time and LDoN plenty for people who need the help.  Quite often someone asks in OOC for help killing 1.5 or 2.0 boss and I send them a tell and often hear someone is already helping them.

If it is so easy to get in a group for qvic then why is there ninjalooting mentioned and people offering cg/fg items for token runs? That sounds like the oposite of easy to get a group in that zone.

Simple. People offer cg/fg items cause they can handle doing some work to get some where instead of just waiting to be given something for nothing. People ninjaloot because they are selfish or in some cases ignorant.  It's not hard to ask someone if an item is rotting and there is an extreme abundance of people who will let you take rotting items.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2010, 03:47:41 pm »

First off 'mr high and mighty why is everyone picking on me' you started the antagonistic name calling when your did you stupid little quote master comments about me so you can get off your high horse. Second, there is no second, all of your points are moot. You have destroyed any point you might have to make by the negative blight you have pulled over yourself. When your standing there saying something and all the people around you are saying your wrong or any other negative thing then you might have to entertain the idea that you could be wrong.

I have said it a thousand times, one of the most important pieces of armor you can have in everquest is your reputation. I have earned mine and am re-earning mine from the changed people from the server since I took a long break. You are earning yours too and I suggest you upgrade yours. I am not coming back to this topic to read your little snappy comebacks about persecution but let me give you some parting advice. Stop posting and hope that people forget who you are.

zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2010, 06:23:24 pm »

how is asking for clarification of the rules trying to get around them? 0_o I ask about them as to not break them not to find a way to break them >_<

I like your disregard for the first part of my post that showed you obviously know there are more options for the single player than just ninalooting or quiting.  I did mention I was talking about people in general asking these questions. The rule is very clear about what ninjalooting is.  People who want to take other people's items without permission on some factor like corpse time or lack of response are trying to get around that rule.  It was the same with people not wanting to give up tiki camps when after 5 minutes had elapsed they couldnt use them.

And how many of those times was it to help a new player you just met to get tokens in qvic? I see others helping people by grouping them in potime as well as ldon. But i have as of yet see a person allowed to join a qvic group to help them get tokens. Finding groups for qvic is very dificult to do from what i have experienced and seen.

Apparently beggars should be choosers. I think this is why you got the chip on your shoulder comment. You have now moved on from just saying people don't help to saying people don't help in the right way.

Aside from the fact that not everyone is your mother and does not have an ethical requirement to help you as much as possible this is just another wrong statement. People kill mobs for others that give them no benefit all the day long.  I know I killed in Time and LDoN plenty for people who need the help.  Quite often someone asks in OOC for help killing 1.5 or 2.0 boss and I send them a tell and often hear someone is already helping them.

If it is so easy to get in a group for qvic then why is there ninjalooting mentioned and people offering cg/fg items for token runs? That sounds like the oposite of easy to get a group in that zone.

Simple. People offer cg/fg items cause they can handle doing some work to get some where instead of just waiting to be given something for nothing. People ninjaloot because they are selfish or in some cases ignorant.  It's not hard to ask someone if an item is rotting and there is an extreme abundance of people who will let you take rotting items.

How did i disregard the first part of your post? I did not i responded about it in the second part of my post. You seem to try and rationalize your statements and acrions thous far by saying i was trying to find a way around the rules. i would really like to know how asking for clarification of rules so i do not break them is trying to get around them.

I find it funny how you can read something and completely flip flop on it. I asked you "How many times was that in qvic?" And "How many of those were new players?" You were stating that finding a group of players in and for qvic is really easy. I simply pointed out that if finding help for qvic was so easy then why is there posts about ninjalooting and why then are people offering fg/cg items for a qvic run? Then you try to rationalize and avoid answering these questions by saying that people are just not offering to help in the right way?

A huge difference between time/ldon which my mages 2.5 pet can solo all bosses in time minus dragon slave. And can also solo all the bosses in ldon up to level 6 where the last 2 bosses are generally camped any way.

Ok i love this generalization of "the reason these people farm these fg/cg items for qvic is to work for a qvic run". As in your mind its better for them to bottlekneck others trying to do these quests then for some one to help them out?

zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2010, 06:30:00 pm »

First off 'mr high and mighty why is everyone picking on me' you started the antagonistic name calling when your did you stupid little quote master comments about me so you can get off your high horse. Second, there is no second, all of your points are moot. You have destroyed any point you might have to make by the negative blight you have pulled over yourself. When your standing there saying something and all the people around you are saying your wrong or any other negative thing then you might have to entertain the idea that you could be wrong.

I have said it a thousand times, one of the most important pieces of armor you can have in everquest is your reputation. I have earned mine and am re-earning mine from the changed people from the server since I took a long break. You are earning yours too and I suggest you upgrade yours. I am not coming back to this topic to read your little snappy comebacks about persecution but let me give you some parting advice. Stop posting and hope that people forget who you are.

Dude what else did you expect? I'm not the only one who think repeated quoting over and over hurts the eyes and serves no real purpose when you could just answer the person. i was not calling you names just trying to get you to cut back on the quotes some. And each time you were quoting me you were pulling things out of context.

And by your admission here it shows that your problem with me and the reason for your hostility is completely personal. So i suggest you taking it to pm's and save others the drama.

Zaes

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2010, 06:30:57 pm »

For the love of waffles please do not respond to him anymore. I managed to read this entire mess of a thread and he's clearly going to defend himself until the cows come home. No matter how many times you explain to him that he should chill out before he rubs everyone the wrong way it's clearly just his nature and we're not going to change him.

All I can say is it hasn't been a hard struggle doing much of anything progression-wise for me thus far, but then again I've made some acquaintances who were really helpful and polite.

Fexge - Froglok Wizard
Zaes - Erudite Cleric
Forte - Wood Elf Bard
Sigma - Gnome (Erudite) Rogue
Jast - Wood Elf Warrior
Kysin - Half Elf Druid
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2010, 09:16:10 pm »

For the love of waffles please do not respond to him anymore. I managed to read this entire mess of a thread and he's clearly going to defend himself until the cows come home. No matter how many times you explain to him that he should chill out before he rubs everyone the wrong way it's clearly just his nature and we're not going to change him.

All I can say is it hasn't been a hard struggle doing much of anything progression-wise for me thus far, but then again I've made some acquaintances who were really helpful and polite.

I know but I just can't help myself.

Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2010, 09:55:13 pm »

How did i disregard the first part of your post? I did not i responded about it in the second part of my post. You seem to try and rationalize your statements and acrions thous far by saying i was trying to find a way around the rules. i would really like to know how asking for clarification of rules so i do not break them is trying to get around them.

My first part of my post was two quotes of yours that contradicted each other. Where you basically said there were two options, ninjaloot or quit. Then you later said  that you chose the option of asking people for rots. Which is clearly another option then ninjalooting or quitting.

I find it funny how you can read something and completely flip flop on it. I asked you "How many times was that in qvic?" And "How many of those were new players?" You were stating that finding a group of players in and for qvic is really easy. I simply pointed out that if finding help for qvic was so easy then why is there posts about ninjalooting and why then are people offering fg/cg items for a qvic run? Then you try to rationalize and avoid answering these questions by saying that people are just not offering to help in the right way?

Are you asking if I have let new players group with me? What you think when I'm killing stuff and someone asks to join that I'm like "no you are new"?

Do I have to play match the question to the answer for you? You asked why people do cg/fg:
I said cause they dont mind doing some work. You know instead of being led around getting geared while doing nothing? Other reasons include getting a run through for them with a trade might be a more sure thing than forming their own group. There are several possible reasons. But the thing these people can grasp that you can't is its reasonable to give something for getting something.

You asked why do people ninjaloot:
I said because they are asshats or ignorant. In other words I'm saying they don't ninjaloot because they need to. It takes a lot of time to gear up toons to kill stuff in Qvic it's not asking that much to take 5 seconds to send a tell.

It's nice when people help each other out and makes it a better server to an extent. It dickish when people expect random people to play the game for them.

Ok i love this generalization of "the reason these people farm these fg/cg items for qvic is to work for a qvic run". As in your mind its better for them to bottlekneck others trying to do these quests then for some one to help them out?

Are you asking if I have let new players group with me? What you think when I'm killing stuff and someone asks to join that I'm like "no you are new"?

Do I have to play match the question to the answer for you? You asked why people do cg/fg:
I said cause they dont mind doing some work. You know instead of being led around getting geared while doing nothing? Other reasons include getting a run through for them with a trade might be a more sure thing than forming their own group. There are several possible reasons. But the thing these people can grasp that you can't is its reasonable to give something for getting something.

You asked why do people ninjaloot:
I said because they are asshats or ignorant. In other words I'm saying they don't ninjaloot because they need to. It takes a lot of time to gear up toons to kill stuff in Qvic it's not asking that much to take 5 seconds to send a tell.

It's nice when people help each other out and makes it a better server to an extent. It dickish when people expect random people to play the game for them.

This is a pretty big leap in logic. You're assuming that every spawn is needed every second. Not to mention what is the difference if someone camps these for Qvic runs as opposed to the person giving the run camping them?

This is my final post. We are never going to agree because while I think it's good to help people you expect it.

Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2010, 10:26:42 pm »

Thyl I first posted here to try and let people see that there are two sides to every story. and to show why some do ninjaloot or feel they have to. i do not see how me saying "For some there are 2 choices to progress ninjaloot or quit" I myself found and used a third solution in to ask if i could follow them and loot the rotts. I do not see how that contradicts what i said. Some never think to do the route i chose and for those they see it as ninjaloot or quit.

No i asked "Have you ever let a new player group with you in qvic?" as well as "Have you ever helped a nonguildy/nonfriend get qvic tokens?" Not whether you grouped with some one or not before.

I personally do not agree with the "Take cg/fg items from those trying to do the quests" I myself have taken as long as 5 days to do the fg quest because of this and do not personally believe its the best solution.

"I NEVER ASKED WHY DO PEOPLE NINJALOOT" I gave an alternate "EXPLANATION" as to why some do it. And what did i get for it? Hostility and name calling. >_<

I do not expect help. >_< You really like to generalize and demonize people. And no we are not going to agree. I posted here to give another side to the ninjalooting. But because it conflicts with yours and others thoughts/beliefs on it you try to generalize and demonize me by trying to say things to and about me that are just untrue.

I have never in my life ninjalooted some one. I try to follow the rules of the server but me asking for clarification on these rules in your opinion is trying to get around them? Trying to give an explanation of why some ninjaloot as they can get no help for these items automaticly means i believe these people are right in your opinion? And that i am no diferent because i can understand why some of these players do this? Its ok i won't respond here either. Any further responses will be via pm's on the forums to spare others this drama.

Destined

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2010, 02:04:05 am »

Dang, I get bored and decide to come read through the EZ server forums and find that this stuff has gone down the tubes. I guess I should be glad I decided to just quit when I did. Apparently, a lot of people can't read rules or anything.
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2010, 05:43:49 am »

I miss you destined. Dont mind zolton, he's an idiot. Soooo you back?
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2010, 10:50:55 am »

Yes come back, I need one or two more clerics to help with T3!

Poop
Destined

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2010, 01:28:25 pm »

Nah I'm not coming back, actually deleted EQ on my computer, heh. If you guys need more shizz for t3 I can always PM bikaf all my infoz and he can pass it out to guildies though.  Tongue
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2010, 05:46:38 pm »

make it so!
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2010, 01:28:34 pm »

Yes sir.

Poop
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to: