Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 07:45:13 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Weapon Discussion  (Read 72129 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2014, 02:39:33 pm »

T8-9 have not been reduced so that epic-level players can break into the zone. t8-9 have been nerfed because the content wasn't properly introduced/constructed in the first place.  These zones were made with UW in mind on creation.  That is not how this server was designed until after the UW was introduced....of course UC wasn't suppose to be "required" when it hit the shelf either but we all see how that has gone. 

The bit in red is DEAD ON. This is just part of what would be an ongoing cluster@#$^ that would be each new tier.

You have to see it from Hate's stand point too. He is a one man band...and this aint his day job....unfortunately it just feel into his lap.  I think we should all be willing to bend a little because I'll be honest...I wouldn't want his job....dealing with a bunch off mother f'ers QQ everyday and not even getting paid for it!  F' that!  Wink

It's part of it. I spent many many hours helping Hunter for no reward because it was challenging, difficult, and (oddly) enjoyable. Now, in Hunter's absence, I volunteered to step up even more. I'm here to help keep EZ running as long as humanly possible while providing an enjoyable experience. :-D

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2014, 08:27:27 pm »

I think at this time...I will volunteer for a UWx testing...if you could just deposit that into my account i will see if all these OP claims are valid!! fact checking is very important.. and we should all do our parts...

thank you in advance

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2014, 01:57:11 am »

I think in reading through all the concerns here what if this were to happen:

HPs scaled to a total of 1,100,000 for UWXI (that way each rank would give you 100k hps)

white damage stays the same, but capped at 120k

resists stay about the same at 100 per rank

level recommendation set at 74 with reduced stats for lvl 73 and lower

augment slots set at 4, slots 21, 22, 27 (worn) and 30 (click)

stat numbers stay the same, str, stam, dex, etc

different bane for each weapon,
sword, dragon
mace, floating skull
staff, whatever,
etc, etc

a compensation package for the time spent for current vs new weapon

XI caps the weapon, slowly phase out with focus on epics going forward

maybe, maybe not agreeable, /shrug may not even make sense, but it seems 97% of everyone wants the white damage to remain, likes the new augments idea that is coming, agrees HPs are way wild, agrees that there should be a compensation for the quest that was done for an item that will be diminished.

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2014, 05:50:55 am »

I like your post rent
Eruditeone

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2014, 06:21:25 am »

Damn, Rent, I like that post too
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2014, 08:32:55 am »

thanks guys.  Grin

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2014, 12:11:26 pm »

I think in reading through all the concerns here what if this were to happen:

HPs scaled to a total of 1,100,000 for UWXI (that way each rank would give you 100k hps)

white damage stays the same, but capped at 120k

resists stay about the same at 100 per rank

level recommendation set at 74 with reduced stats for lvl 73 and lower

augment slots set at 4, slots 21, 22, 27 (worn) and 30 (click)

stat numbers stay the same, str, stam, dex, etc

different bane for each weapon,
sword, dragon
mace, floating skull
staff, whatever,
etc, etc

a compensation package for the time spent for current vs new weapon

XI caps the weapon, slowly phase out with focus on epics going forward

maybe, maybe not agreeable, /shrug may not even make sense, but it seems 97% of everyone wants the white damage to remain, likes the new augments idea that is coming, agrees HPs are way wild, agrees that there should be a compensation for the quest that was done for an item that will be diminished.

Red: No. That's part of the problem. If the HP is scaled based on weapons in zone, the gains are still significant but not producing a HUGE gap. With the HP/resists coming down, the resists across the game can be reduced to be less stupidly high.

Orange: The white damage will cap out around Uw8 and produce no gains except procs (which, in turn, will cause QQ cease to provide an increasing reason to upgrade it versus augs). As for the augment slots, I'm not entirely sure if I want to add a normal aug slot yet. Still waiting on feedback and number crunches. On top of it, I do want the UW to feel like it is a gain each time instead of a gain until rank # and then it's a weak return on investment.

Yellow: Ehh, maybe.

Lime Green: That's pretty much coming (level req) and staying the same (stats).

Glowing Red: Absolutely not. If you want a "compensation" for the new weapon, I will.. only if you let me scale back every account you own from the point that you earned the UW. I know this sounds incredibly harsh, but you are wanting a refund or partial refund without considering how far you boxes have come as a result of this supremely powerful item...you are vastly unprepared for what else will come with said refund.

-Hate

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2014, 12:56:55 pm »

oh I'm shot! the boat is taking on water.

one point though, the part about how much
I, we, current holders gained from this weapon,
I want that for everyone. I want our new players
to have that chance as well. I hate it when the
top gets to use something and then it's nerfed
and the new players, and the more casual guys
get shafted cause of it. really causes hurt and
discontent.

just thoughts and of n

Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2014, 01:10:54 pm »

At the end of the day, we're at your mercy.  Strip the massive HPS, resists, stats, etc. The end goal should still allow UW wielders to clear content at about the same rate, T7+.  It'll be a kick in the balls if clearing T8 goes from an hour to three hours because of the changes. 

Ultimately, as long as T8+ is tuned appropriately to match the nerf/rebalance, I don't care.

Just create a run speed version 2 and give that as a parting gift :-).
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2014, 01:16:27 pm »

The boat won't sink.

That bit of "free progression" once a certain rank of the UW has been earned will not happen for the new people. I understand it may be temporarily entertaining to mow down new content with little to no challenge once or twice, but it loses it's luster when the entire game becomes that way. You've reached point X (again literal X, not rank 10) in obtaining an UW strong enough (or more than enough) for whatever tier you are in currently. At this point, the tier is broken already without you ever entering the zone. As I've stated before, at this point you are just aimlessly running the tier to get your gear and 100 essences to break the next tier before you step foot in the door. Rinse and repeat until you quit the server from boredom.

(and yes, I'm overly generalizing in the statements above.)

-Hate

EDIT: Takishi's post stop my post.

Not entirely. I'm bringing this up because I want everyone to share their opinions, views, and thoughts on this. As I've stated before, I could just make sweeping decisions but then I would have no one to build content for after that. I don't want that. I want to keep this sandbox running. :-)

-Hate

undeadanger

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2014, 03:43:15 pm »

I just keep reading this thread and I just have to ask is the part about wanting a refund and if u get one you want be prepared for what ? is that some kind of threat ? I would like to know either way thank you .
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2014, 03:47:31 pm »

Assuming this allows you to scale back some mob dmg from the top tiers, and the aug slot allows some additional DPS.  I am ok with the above hateborne changes for the good of the server.  With that being said, I have a UW IX, not a XI.  I can't speak for other people, but this is the thread to be heard in.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2014, 03:48:55 pm »

Assuming this allows you to scale back some mob dmg from the top tiers, and the aug slot allows some additional DPS.  I am ok with the above hateborne changes for the good of the server.  With that being said, I have a UW IX, not a XI.  I can't speak for other people, but this is the thread to be heard in.

This item/quest chain is holding me back from slightly adjusting T7, heavily adjusting T8, and setting up final number for T9.

This damned item/quest chain also makes T10+ impossible.

-Hate

Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2014, 04:42:16 pm »

EDIT: Takishi's post stop my post.

Not entirely. I'm bringing this up because I want everyone to share their opinions, views, and thoughts on this. As I've stated before, I could just make sweeping decisions but then I would have no one to build content for after that. I don't want that. I want to keep this sandbox running. :-)

-Hate
Completely understand, but ultimately you have veto power. All I was getting at.  For the most part, I think folks are in agreement with the changes. With the expectation that content/mob/tier changes are made to somewhat offset the weapon changes.

Start Derail: V2 fastest travel item a possibility? /Derail
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2014, 05:01:07 pm »

this entire discussion boils down to one thing:

Time and Effort

time and effort put forth for an item in game VS time and effort put forth for what we are going to end up with for the progression of the server

I highly doubt anyone cares that much about the item as much as they care about the hours/days/weeks/months they spent obtaining the item.

never underestimate the gamer. Hunter put this item in as a carrot, not something he thought everyone would stop everything to get.

what happened is a few people got the item, linked it and everyone else saw an item that they had to have. So we all dropped all other projects to obtain said item.

this single carrot stopped the progression of everyone that wanted it. stopped aug progression, tier progression, everything.

so no one cares about the item as much as they want a representation of their time.

its kind of like buying a new car. we want XYZ car, so we work towards getting XYZ, then the car manufacture company says, well the car goes to fast so we are going to have to install whatever to limit that. well, that's not what I paid for. I paid for the fastest car on the market, thus, I want the fastest car on the market. if I paid X amount for the fastest car on the market and now its not then I want X amount back because its not what I paid for. *paid for is not referring to RL $$*

HP's have been addressed many times in this thread, mostly saying, its ok that the HP's are taken away if the mobs are dumbed down as well.

damage however is not something people want to see go away because then we have to add toons, or up toon power to equal

UW is an ultimate farming weapon above all else. its very nice to be able to back farm items without having to log in all of your crew to do so. Take T5 for example. its nice to solo T5 vs logging in 6 toons to do the zone. I believe this, above all is what the butt pain is about.

I farmed the UW to make it easier to back farm for augs, plat, etc. Take that away and why do I have the darn thing? Why do I need it anymore?

900 essences, 90 million plat and time could have net my crew full strike 9 augs easily. If my UW9 is going to become UW5 then id like to have 400 essences, 40 million plat, 4 EONs and 20 SLS back to make strike augs, or shields, etc.

current stats - future stats = net refund for a product I have to settle for, not what I purchased.

Time can not be given back, we all enjoy playing and that is not in play, but items are in play.

just thoughts

+1 to what Rent said.

I would also add much of this is around expectation management.  If the UW is nerfed because it appears to be game breaking, what about ROA 1000, Experience Mask, Ultimate Charms, Shield of Ages, and the mitigation from the buff pet and warrior epic.  Do these also require balancing to "fix the game"?  Will there be future changes to these items as well?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 61
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)