Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:22:27 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Information about Necro: Death  (Read 18607 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2014, 11:23:07 am »

Information about Necro: Death

This post is to address a variety of misunderstandings that several people have involving this spell.

Firstly, you need to know what the spell does. The spell line "Death" casts four DoTs INSTANTLY with 1 cast (Unholy Shackles, Insinuations of Mori, Kiss of Corath, and Hungering Pyre). The spell consumes health instead of mana. The spell has a VERY small chance to instantly kill the target on cast.

Second, you need to know that three (3) ranks exist right now. Since the spell essentially just casts 4 DoTs of matching rank, I need all four DoTs to have matching ranks to add more ranks. (i.e. all four spells rank I, II, III, IV, etc)

Third, you need to know how to get it. The spell is obtained by molesting the Roaming Gnome in the caster's guild. He will give you one of three tasks to earn a Blood Token. Once you have a Blood Token from the associated task, get the four dots on your spell bar matching the rank of Death you are pursuing. In example: If you have no ranks of Death, you are automatically going for rank 1, so you should line up Hungering Pyre, Insinuations of Mori, Unholy Shackles, and Kiss of Corath. If you were going for rank 2, then Hungering Pyre II, Insinuations of Mori II, etc etc. Once you have these spells on your bar, turn in the token and be ported to the empty room to sacrifice the squidbilly. This is accomplished simply by casting each of the four DoTs on the squid. Once you have done this, the sacrifice is complete and you have unlocked Death.

Fourth, what now? After you have completed the sacrifice, the spell is AUTOMATICALLY added to the first available spell slot in your spellbook. If you have downloaded the latest spell file, you can find it on the right click menu via Direct Damage -> Magic -> Death. Once you obtain all the next rank of the DoTs, you are likely high enough to pursue the next rank of Death.

If anything is not clear, please let me know. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
gnomi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 03:34:55 pm »

Good write up, I was totally not expecting it to magically appear in my spellbook!
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 02:19:05 pm »

BTW.....the current spell file date is wrong, I think...

Finally got 1st rank of death on a 73 necro, but cannot get next rank, though I have 2nd rank or the 4 spells. I take it this quest is in T6?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 02:57:19 pm »

NM, Krincle helped me.

Hate, I like the idea of the death line.....but dots down the line are hardly worth casting because mobs die pretty quick. Even with mana neck on the nec the combination of the stacked dots and pet procs are fairly lackluster, unless you're using the necro to solo something. Mobs just die too fast for the necro to put out substantial dps.

I'll UC the necro and see if it changes anything for me, but numbers wise I cant see even a T8 necro with mana neck 10 and a UC2 doing much in the way of damage in a group...definitely far less dps than a mage, or even a chanter (and both those classes give good utility). Perhaps something else for a necro? Maybe the Death line somehow buffs a group or raid? Short term DPS bump perhaps? Or adds group proc that debuffs or damages? Something that makes a necro worth a group slot.

And not trying to disparage the work you've done, just giving feedback and observation.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 06:13:00 pm »

I love the attention that my favorite class from live is getting..

Dots do not work in a game where most fights last less than 10 seconds...

Please consider either adding a pet proc spell line OR modifying the pet buff line to be more realistic for ez server, Along the lines of Removing haste and adding a moderate DD/Strike effect.

Every class has a role is a nice thought but when we are trying to take that into consideration with massive pulls and kills in seconds then we are reduced to strike augs and heal procs.. that is the entire game.

Just my 2 cents! keep up the good work

red2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 11:36:11 am »

do the rank 4 spells drop in t8? have cleared it 100+ times, and have not gotten one. so i can kill in t8, get the blood token then be stuck till some miracle occurs and i get all 4 rank 4 spells? is it possible to do the level 3 quest?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 01:02:38 pm »

do the rank 4 spells drop in t8? have cleared it 100+ times, and have not gotten one. so i can kill in t8, get the blood token then be stuck till some miracle occurs and i get all 4 rank 4 spells? is it possible to do the level 3 quest?

Insinuations of Mori IV, Hungering Pyre IV, and Kiss of Corath IV do not exist. That's why there are only 3 ranks of Death right now. :-)

-Hate

red2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 03:10:58 pm »

ok then what did i do wrong? got the quest from gnome in casters. slaughtered t8 till i received the blood token. handed token to gnome, visited the willing sacrifice, loaded up the 4 dot spells rank 3, dotted sacrifice. no spell. no nothing.   
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 03:17:41 pm »

ok then what did i do wrong? got the quest from gnome in casters. slaughtered t8 till i received the blood token. handed token to gnome, visited the willing sacrifice, loaded up the 4 dot spells rank 3, dotted sacrifice. no spell. no nothing.   

Per the first post, do you have the first two ranks of 'Death'? If not, it should tell you that you are pursuing rank 1 and need to cast rank 1 of all four dots.

-Hate

Claytin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 04:59:17 pm »

Has anyone found a fix to where you don't get credits for kills? I have to zone a bunch, camp and do 2 back flips to start getting credit again for a brief period.
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 08:25:33 pm »

K did this on my necro for 5th time. This time I got a blood token, i turned it in and cast the 4 rank 1's on squidbilly. Got the message that I unlocked Death rank 1. I do not have it in my spellbook at all. What am I missing?
Quarg

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 08:27:59 pm »

K did this on my necro for 5th time. This time I got a blood token, i turned it in and cast the 4 rank 1's on squidbilly. Got the message that I unlocked Death rank 1. I do not have it in my spellbook at all. What am I missing?

This happened to me with my necro, I didn't see it appear in my spell book until I logged in the next day. So I'd say try zoning/relogging then checking your book for it.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 10:49:30 am »

If you have downloaded the latest spell file, you can find it on the right click menu via Direct Damage -> Magic -> Death.

In the spell book itself, it assigns it to the FIRST open slot. If you have 30 pages full of spells, except page 19 (which has one open slot), then Death rank one will end up on page 19 in the blank spot.

-Hate

Premador

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 12:07:01 pm »

Relogging did the trick.

Thanks!
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 12:59:38 pm »

Yep, I didnt get the death spell in my spell book til I shut down and restarted the client.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 142