Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:41:01 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Pets, Summoner's Bag, and Scaling  (Read 14495 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2014, 06:06:26 pm »

Pets, Summoner's Bag, and Scaling

I am posting this as there has been some confusion regarding the bag, pets, and pet scaling. Hopefully this will address some of these concerns and questions.

First, pets were made to scale a few months ago. The pets, on spawn, will gain 50% of the owner's resist (resist for resist basis) in addition to it's own innate resist values.
Second, pets gain 100% spell damage bonus and 200% healing bonus multiplied by the UC rank. (i.e. UC1 = +100% spell dmg and +200% healing, UC2 = +200% spell damage and +400% healing, etc). This increases their proc/cast damage, as well as any lifetaps, fairly quickly.
Third, if the pet class is a beastlord and has an Earring of the Brutal Ages, the pet gains the same damage bonus as the beastlord.

Those take place 'automagically' with no intervention required, short of summoning the pet. Now, if the player has the Summoner's Pack, the pet's damage bonus gains an additional 20% (multiplicative) spell damage bonus and 50% (multiplicative) healing bonus. This would raise a UCv3 pet spell damage bonus from 300 to 360, with the healing bonus from 600 to 720. In addition, any weapons in the Summoner's Pack add directly to the pet's melee damage. If the player has a UW, placing it in the pack will duplicate it on the pet when the pet is summoned. This means, YES, the pet can dual wield UW and another 1h. This also means the pets WILL proc the UW shenanigans too. :-)

I hope this explains it clearly enough and shows the value in the pet classes with all of the tools available.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 04:28:48 am »

If we aug the weapon we put into the bag does the pet proc that as well?
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 07:24:26 am »

mages get that spell too

huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 09:25:13 am »

How does one get a summoner's pack? 

Purchased or summoned or trading his first born? 
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 10:18:29 am »

talk to gnomer
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 10:57:34 am »

If we aug the weapon we put into the bag does the pet proc that as well?

Nope.

mages get that spell too

What spell?

How does one get a summoner's pack? 

Purchased or summoned or trading his first born? 

The Summoner's Bag has finally been completed. I have tested it briefly, but I have not run it through numerous times. It starts in the Caster's Guild with everyone's favorite gnome. It's intended to be an end game reward and will appropriately reward a pet owner for their time.

-Hate

huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 11:21:54 am »

You can chalk that up to my edumacation...... or lack there of.  I guess I never fully learned how to read.   
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 12:47:22 pm »

I cannot find the mob in pofire anywhere, ive even cleared the entire zone and tried to start fennin ro event.

Nevermind had to use char with the bag in inventory got it ty.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:35:23 pm by Krinkle » Logged

Krinkle Sprinkle
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 01:35:20 pm »

Think smartvane common

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 09:33:07 pm »

t9 bst with ows cant get quest from roaming gnome in cg... just says i have nothing more for you.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 09:48:07 pm »

t9 bst with ows cant get quest from roaming gnome in cg... just says i have nothing more for you.

Right now, it's necro/enc/mage only. I don't remember why, it was just in my notes to do so. I'll revisit it shortly.

-Hate

huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 08:52:30 pm »

And you have to be level 77, my 75 Enchy can't get the quest.
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 07:32:28 pm »

Sorry for the thread necro'ing....

On my mage, got the task from gnome, killed the stuff, combined the unfinished bag, but the task didn't update.  Tried running the mage all around in pofire and through the castles, nothing, am I bugged or missing something?

Had Rent show me where to run, no mob spawn.  Pretty sure my quest is bugged.  

To be clear, quest log says to get the pieces and combine for the unfinished pack, but I already did that and have the pack in inventory.  Log shows that it's not completed.  On the next HG kill, I got the strings again too.

Another update, remade the bag, still not updating the task.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:36:35 pm by Arthon » Logged

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 07:05:23 pm »

Sorry for the thread necro'ing....

On my mage, got the task from gnome, killed the stuff, combined the unfinished bag, but the task didn't update.  Tried running the mage all around in pofire and through the castles, nothing, am I bugged or missing something?

Had Rent show me where to run, no mob spawn.  Pretty sure my quest is bugged.  

To be clear, quest log says to get the pieces and combine for the unfinished pack, but I already did that and have the pack in inventory.  Log shows that it's not completed.  On the next HG kill, I got the strings again too.

Another update, remade the bag, still not updating the task.

Noted. I'll harass you tomorrow evening or just force reset your task stage if needed. ;-)

-Hate

avadar

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 09:11:56 pm »

Summoner's bag issue -

I did the three items on my mage - combined in magic box and got the unfinished summoner's pack plus task updated. Went to pofire and was able to spawn forgemaster. Killed forgemaster, but my pack poofed. fire powder was on forgemaster corpse but don't have the bag anymore. logged out and in and nada. Task didn't update or anything. I removed the quest to go do it again, however now I cant even get the task again from roaming gnome. I get all syntax up to the "feeling brave" syntax then he turns non-responsive. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Harthek
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81