Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:42:55 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: DPS memo  (Read 39926 times)
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2015, 08:27:33 pm »

I think fixing caster dps is about as easy as fixing the middle east, but you cant just drop a nuke on caster dps and fix it.

One thing ive always wondered though, is why not boost caster spells, and pets, to what looks like INSANE high damage amounts. worst case scenario casters are overpowered for a day and then their spells get changed back to what they were the very next day.

I just think about the idea of the death line of spells, that took some thinking, and then the spell to make that AE? that took some better thinking, but still in the end, necros cant compete dps wise.

I dont think great new ideas are going to fix them, I dont know if a massive boost to damage spells will fix them, but I dont know what the harm in trying it would be.

Krinkle Sprinkle
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2015, 06:08:28 pm »

I've been saying forever we should try boosting caster spell dmg. Since no one uses single target dmg, just boost the AE spells and let's see. These spells should be doing 5x+ as much dmg imho - I'm amazed it hasn't been changed over the years.

Right now, Chunka tells me my wizard will do sub-par damage, but only after I max my caster neck, max gear, get earring 50 and UW 11... no thanks. I think I'll stick with my zerks since they do great dmg in all tiers.

What's the point in playing a dps caster all the way to the end of the game just to have them do "sub par dmg" especially when you can gear out any other toon for way way way more reward. If we boost dmg, they will be viable at all tiers. I've never had a caster provide more than 2% of my raid's damage and I've done a lot of parsing.

On another note, didn't monks used to be good? Seems they suck now with sub-par single target DPS. Were they nerfed a while back?  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:13:09 pm by warrior5 » Logged

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2015, 07:04:11 pm »

Right now, Chunka tells me my wizard will do sub-par damage

I did say that, before Hate's last run of caster changes. Now with a mana neck, uc and the right spells they do damage on par with NS melee....with a caveat. If you have multiple UW and kill mobs in 2 or 3 seconds then no, casters wont be needed. But they are an alternative.

Just a side note.....by my parses, T9 gear and spells, maxed NS on a meleeing ranger, uC2 vs UC2 wiz with mana neck 11....winner is the wizard (AND they add a bit of AE dps).

Almost any class here is viable now in its role. Casters do VERY well, but you need to know how to set up MQ2 for em, you need tyo know spell synergies and you need to know ALL the tools available. If you dont then yes, they are sub par....but thats no different than any other class.

I think the only 2 that are really in dire need of work are beastlords and druids, but just my opinion....and Hate says he has plans in store for both.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:06:33 pm by Chunka » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2015, 01:15:13 pm »

Ok Mage now has 50 ear ring so had another go.

self buffs and tofs pet click 55th SoA

Pet only curious only got 4 mill dps

pet and mage 8 mill dps.

not sure what im doing wrong but ill try again another time
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2015, 07:40:44 pm »

MNK(Mistress)   5640k   6020k   5720k

Doing some Testing on my monk to compare against Rymo's parses without the Ear equipped. My monk does not have (Mistress) yet.

Buffs used: Crab Fu (MNK t3 clicky), VT2 (chanter), SHM 9.0, Howl of the Huntmaster II (RNG), Fist of Wu (MNK Disc group buff)

500s test on Practice Dummy
Ultimate Knuckles XI / Shadowed Man Fist with NS XI :    6517k  ----   6121k  ----  6229k

And then I tested the Ultimate Zweihander XI (2hs) just for fun. I remember seeing an Ult Long Sword on a monk longggg ago, I forget who it was, but it was before the Knuckles and 2hs were added. Fighters Guild does award monks with maxed 1hs and 2hs skill, even though you cannot see it from your "Skills" menu.

500s test on Practice Dummy
Ultimate Zweihander XI :  8560k  ----  8752k  ----  9337k

The Ear would only make the 2hander better, it might even make Rymo's monk match his zerker damage. There's no point in trying to balance the 1handers to compete with this, it won't happen  Tongue the 2handers just do too much physical damage and the Earring will only boost it further.
Rymo

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2015, 02:26:10 am »

try 1time, 300sec
equip 2hs(uw11) with 50earring

Monk 23000k, Ranger 22000k.

Add Rogue(2hs uw11 + epic9) with 50earring
(can't backstab)
Rogue 22000k

Rogue need UW 2h piercing version lol?

---------------------------------------------------

/say #myskills
Warrior, Monk and Ranger
Triple Attack 310/275
Rogue
Triple Attack 60/25
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:44:57 am by Rymo » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2015, 02:46:53 am »

try 1time, 300sec
equip 2hs with 50earring

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2015, 01:33:38 pm »

Rogue need UW 2h piercing version lol?

I don't think anyone is going to put Earring on rogue since it boosts damage of the other classes by so much, and rogue gets so much damage from backstab. You may have the only Earring rogue for the rest of time  Tongue
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2015, 02:44:28 pm »

try 1time, 300sec
equip 2hs(uw11) with 50earring

Add Rogue(2hs uw11 + epic9) with 50earring
(can't backstab)
Rogue 22000k

are you meaning 2300k? not 23000k? like that's a HUGE jump in dps over other toons ?

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2015, 03:18:07 pm »

the zerkers are doing 16000k with ear 50, monks and rangers have self buffs that increase physical dmg (t3 clicky and ranger secrets)

I have no clue why the rogue is up there tho :x
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:29:48 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2015, 03:38:54 pm »

There's no point in trying to balance the 1handers to compete with this, it won't happen  Tongue the 2handers just do too much physical damage and the Earring will only boost it further.

Unless of course the Essence Trader gets a "Thank you sir, may I have another?" option for the 1handers.... BAHAHAHA
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2015, 09:41:52 am »

IDK if Sona will see this anytime soon, but can you do a mage parse with malo3 and without? I have a feeling it boosts pet dps by a lot, since it seems to only buff the base damage of spells and augs, but pet's base damage of their mana neck procs are extremely high since it's balanced to compete with melee using ult charms and such.
spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2015, 06:35:19 pm »

KK new DpS self bufs 50 ear mana neck 11 soa55

pet only 4.8 mill dps
mage chaining tv2 and pet 7.9 mill

now adding malos 5.6 mill dps
and duo                8.6 mill dps

Yes malos3 makes a difference pet gains a lot.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:37:22 pm by spuddson » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2015, 07:03:41 pm »

Lol cool, good to hear. Watch Chunka want to dust off his bard now  Tongue automatically throws the Malo line in an aoe via the Harmonious Composition line of songs.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2015, 08:56:45 am »

Bards been dusted off for a week or so now, been experimenting since the AA change.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64971
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)