Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:25:29 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: 2-11-15 Caster Changes  (Read 36243 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2015, 07:35:41 am »

2-11-15 Caster Changes

New spell file available!

This is mostly a repost from the other thread, but it lists all final changes. The Drake adjustments are in place, but can be gently tweaked as needed (translated: calm your tits). All of these changes will be live with reboot (2/12 AM-reboot). Casters should be very powerful and *more* cost/reward balanced than before. I've updated recipe book and I will unlock the Mana Necklace recipes today. I'll also be adding the new spells (Exorcise Evil, Exorcism en Masse, Word of Vivification II) to loot tables today (they have been in DB since 2 weeks ago).

Overall, the changes are sitting fairly well given the length of the thread before and the good dialogue from everyone actually contributing. If you have questions/concerns, PLEASE post them here! :-)

Healing:
  • Avenger's Touch had it's percentage heal max value decreased by roughly 20%.
  • Skin of the Drake has a recast time of 45s (up from 30s) and is primarily limited by hits.
  • Skin of the Drake III trigger saw a 20% drop.
  • Skin of the Drake IV trigger saw a 30% drop.
  • Druid Single-Target Regeneration has been increased by 30%.
  • Remissive Remedy now has a 0.5s cast time (down from 1.5s), with a cooldown increased to 40s (up from 20s).
  • Purge Weakness now has a 0.5s cast time (down from 1.5s), also cleric usable.
  • Word of Vivification will become a 1.5s recast (down from 2.5s).
  • Ancestral Honor 8.0 decreased to 100k HP buff (from 150k).
  • Ancestral Honor 9.0 decreased to 132k HP buff (from 200k).
  • Armor of the Crab increased to 30k HP buff (from 10k).
  • Armor of the Crab II increased to 75k HP buff (from 20k).
  • Clerics have a new rank of Word of Vivification, 20k base healing. Will likely find it's way in T8 and/or T9.
  • Both ranks of Word of Vivification have a 10% chance to hit all clients in 100 units for half of the base heal amount (6k for rank one, 10k for rank two).
  • Clerics and Paladins gain access to a new spell, Exorcise Evil, which dispels harmful magic effects from a target. (0.25s cast, 15s recast)
  • Clerics gain access to a new spell, Exorcise en Masse, which dispels harmful magic effects from group members. (0.25s cast, 45s recast)

Damage:
  • Kaldar's Heavenly Fire is now 60k per target, across four targets, in three waves. Cooldown was increased to 24s. (Up from 24k and 12s CD)
  • Kaldar's Heavenly Fire II is now 126k per target, across four targets, in three waves. Cooldown was increased to 24s. (Up from 60k and 12s CD)
  • Static Burst is now 40k to all nearby targets. Cooldown was increased to 18s. (Up from 10k and 15s CD)
  • Static Burst II is now 96k to all nearby targets. Cooldown was increased to 18s. (Up from 50k and 15s CD)
  • Polarity Flux is now 20k to four targets. (Up from 10k)
  • Polarity Flux II is now 48k to four targets. (Up from 45k)
  • Polarity Flux III is now 120k to four targets. (Up from 100k)
  • Shy Crustacean's Soul Eater is now 30k. (up from 5k)
  • Shy Crustacean's Soul Eater II is now 75.6k. (up from 20k)
  • Timeless: Tempest Wind is now 27.5k per wave, to four targets, across six waves. Cooldown was increased to 35s (Up from 7.5k and 16s CD)
  • Timeless: Tempest Wind II is now 62.5k per wave, to four targets, across six waves. Cooldown was increased to 35s (Up from 37.5k and 16s CD)

Items:
  • Earring of the Mystic Ages focus, Painfully Gorgeous, has been redesigned. It now adds additional spell damage that stacks multiplicatively with the Ultimate Charm. Effects are 10/20/30/50/100% per rank.
  • Mana Necklace has been redesigned to better utilize casters as casters, not proc hunters. The new Pirate's Ire effect will add a 75% bonus per rank (75% of base damage, additive) and proc only the pet buff (First Mate's Gift).
  • First Mate's Gift has been changed from Icestrike-like damage to Firestrike-like damage.

Mechanic:
  • Spell haste can stack almost unlimitedly. Spells can get as low as 0.25s cast time.

Exorcise Evil (CLR/PAL) can be found on Wisdom Spells Merchant in Surefall. (after reboot)
Exorcise en Masse is in T4 and T5. (now)
Word of Vivification II is in T8 and T9. (now)

-Hate
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 10:00:34 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
allalon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 08:36:13 am »

What happened to the poll to modifiy SoD based on the number of hits?
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 09:15:47 am »

Was anything changed about all mobs being ranged/speed in some tiers?
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 09:32:55 am »

Recast on drake for me (yes, new spell files installed) is showing 450

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 09:42:26 am »

Recast on drake for me (yes, new spell files installed) is showing 450

New spell file (just updated 30s ago) should address this. Sorry!

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 09:46:56 am »

Thanks for the speedy response, Hate!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 10:01:41 am »

What happened to the poll to modifiy SoD based on the number of hits?

Sorry! It went live with number of hits, I was just stupid when I copy/pasted. Fixed original post. :-)

Was anything changed about all mobs being ranged/speed in some tiers?

Any non-boss or non-ranger NPC should've lost their ranged ability. It may take reboot for public zones or new instance for effect. Some boss NPCs have ranged nonsense still as they have super slow or no movement speed, making them sitting ducks without ranged capabilities.

-Hate
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 10:08:33 am by hateborne » Logged

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 10:10:15 am »

Thanks Hate
allalon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 10:35:15 am »

My tits are calmed  Grin
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 11:55:36 am »

I am probably not the only one who has already doped the druid from our line up ....funny story... turns out I did not even need drake it was just a safety blanket..I do die now if I over pull in t9 but I will just have to suffer with >30 pulls..

Changes look good and I look forward to exploring the new rules for what suites me best.

thank you for the continued support of my entirely unhealthy addiction.

Smiley

Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 12:44:53 pm »

For those of us slow on the uptake, can you clarify the mana neck changes?

As an example, what would a caster with UCv2 and Mana Neck 10 see as far as percentage damage boost on spells?

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 12:53:33 pm »

The real question is why is anyone playing a caster when you can have stick and done with melee.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 12:58:56 pm »

mana neck ...trying to combine 4 lp essence 2 mbd and 4 sls....no worky.....how do you get diamond dust? and glowing stones?

i forget

Drep

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 01:11:20 pm »

The real question is why is anyone playing a caster when you can have stick and done with melee.

Because we stick and done our casters too?    My mage in my 2nd group is always on stick.  When everyone attacks, he chain nukes and malos and his pet auto attacks.    Whats the difference?  lol

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 01:36:06 pm »

Because we stick and done our casters too?    My mage in my 2nd group is always on stick.  When everyone attacks, he chain nukes and malos and his pet auto attacks.    Whats the difference?  lol

not everyone uses the banned MQ2MELEE function FYI

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 8678