Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 08:22:46 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Changes  (Read 7741 times)
Krinkle

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2015, 01:28:27 pm »

I posted in a different post but figured id make a new thread for it because this is important to me.

Im asking if when changes are made and if its not too much trouble (i really mean that i know you guys are busy) If these changes could be posted here so we can prepare for them. example the t5 essence drop rate nerf, i sold all my essences to a buddy for cheap because they drop often, why not, then i go to farm them, and they drop at about 4 times the rate a gsoa drops. so im fucked. No worries though I know a way to prevent if from happening again.

The Vie 3 change that dropped it down to 18 seconds instead of the 30 seconds its supposed to be. Wouldve been nice to be informed of this change.

I dont see what the problem is with posting hey guys today this is what was changed
1. Krinkles e-penis grew bigger than e-peni were previously known to be able to grow
2. Said e-penis shriveled at the t5 essence drop nerf.

You get the picture. If your woried about people whining about changes, im sure your experienced in glazing over those posts. We dont need an explination for each and every change. just a friendly notice is all I ask. It would help me in so many ways i cant even type them all because I dont want to.

Thanks again guys. just a request me and a few others ive spoken with would also like to see. Keep up the good work. Ill keep up my end of sarcasm/offending people/being weird.

wabalubadubdub (I am in very great pain in birdman speak)

Krinkle Sprinkle
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 02:35:48 pm »

I posted in a different post but figured id make a new thread for it because this is important to me.

Im asking if when changes are made and if its not too much trouble (i really mean that i know you guys are busy) If these changes could be posted here so we can prepare for them. example the t5 essence drop rate nerf, i sold all my essences to a buddy for cheap because they drop often, why not, then i go to farm them, and they drop at about 4 times the rate a gsoa drops. so im fucked. No worries though I know a way to prevent if from happening again.

There was NO NERF. As I've explained in OOC numerous times, on forums once or twice, the "nerf" you are seeing is the lack of the exploitable T5 mini. I'm sorry that the bulk of them came from there, but that's what happens when you get hooked on easy rewards, when it's not easy, shit sucks. I will be reviewing the drop rate later and fixing the T5 mini post T10....but not before.

The Vie 3 change that dropped it down to 18 seconds instead of the 30 seconds its supposed to be. Wouldve been nice to be informed of this change.

Source update did this one in. I had it at 18sec originally, but it was being extended for reasons unknown to me. Now it's actually working as intended without any intervention. This is what we call a "happy accident".

I dont see what the problem is with posting hey guys today this is what was changed
1. Krinkles e-penis grew bigger than e-peni were previously known to be able to grow
2. Said e-penis shriveled at the t5 essence drop nerf.

You get the picture. If your woried about people whining about changes, im sure your experienced in glazing over those posts. We dont need an explination for each and every change. just a friendly notice is all I ask. It would help me in so many ways i cant even type them all because I dont want to.

Thanks again guys. just a request me and a few others ive spoken with would also like to see. Keep up the good work. Ill keep up my end of sarcasm/offending people/being weird.

wabalubadubdub (I am in very great pain in birdman speak)

As explained many, many times before...I don't like "ninja nerf". The only time something will be ninja nerfed is a band-aid fix on an exploit until Akkadius or I can get a grip on it (and fix it). If Vie3 is acting differently from Vie or Vie 2, that's a different situation and I can look in to it. With new source, it seems like many abilities that were INTENDED to be three tics (18s) are being enforced as such. Sorry to come off dick-ish, but the implication that I'm nerfing behind the scenes is a bit irritating.

tl;dr - No nerfs were made, broken things were fixed with source update, T5 mini and T5 essence drop rate will be reviewed after T10.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 05:27:27 pm »

2 things:

1. ) i ran the abyss mini a ton to help random newer server people get their toons thru t5. I logged a ton of hours in both abyss the zone and abyss 'the gravy train mini'.

2. ) I have *not* run the abyss zone at all since i came back from my t10 afk. I plan on doing it a few times this week as some buddies are finally to that stage of progression.

That said, the T5 mini was miraculous for flags, for AA, for prisms. I never, ever saw more than an essence or two drop per pull, and many times none. I probably ran the thing 100 times and was never flush with essences from it. The t5 zone, with its yummy AA and rainbow/gsoa drops was a zone i ran constantly (like HOH) for rainbows/AA/cash/etc... And T5 was by far one off the better zones for essence drops, especially if you got lucky and popped a lot of bosses. Believe me when i say I've run both versions of abyss as much as anyone on this server, I've seen all sides of RNG and I'll fight to the death to claim the abyss mini was infinitely exploitable for flags/prisms... but it wasn't the main source of essences on the server. It was the *only* source of essences for higher tier players who didnt run illsalin, just like dranik keeps a slow/steady influx of t1-t4 essences in your inventory without trudging thru the regular zones..

And that said, I'll take a peek at illsalin this week and try to run enough clears to X out some variables of RNG to give a final synopsis. I'm going in with the idea that people aren't used to running actual abyss a lot. But i will be curious to see if there is a significant dropoff on essences than what i remember. Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 06:20:37 pm »

I ran Abyss this weekend, and while it was DL... the drop rate was very good.  I was getting 13 - 15 per clear.  If a normal loot run resulted in half that I think most would be pleased.  Especially the UW crowd, considering time invested per run.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 08:46:02 pm »

I ran t9 for over a week and every day during DL....didn't see but 5-6 AA crystals and 0 gsoa....I know people who were running HoH and getting 8+ gsoa to drop.  I know the numbers for aa crystals and gsoa were suppose to be brought up a lot in t9 but I am not seeing this.  I finished my 100 t9 esse w/o seeing a single gsoa and less than a dozen aa crystals.   Huh

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 08:50:09 pm »

I ran t9 for over a week and every day during DL....didn't see but 5-6 AA crystals and 0 gsoa....I know people who were running HoH and getting 8+ gsoa to drop.  I know the numbers for aa crystals and gsoa were suppose to be brought up a lot in t9 but I am not seeing this.  I finished my 100 t9 esse w/o seeing a single gsoa and less than a dozen aa crystals.   Huh

I'll make it a point to tear through custom log to see how many dropped and will go from there.

-Hate

Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 09:29:54 pm »

I never meant you were nerfing behind the scenes or anything (i did but heres me worming out of it watch its good) I just thought you were fixing stuff and with t10 your super busy and dont have alot of extra time to post every little hey guys i fixed the fire beetle eye drop rate in misty thicket change.

When im talking about the drop rate of essences in t5, im not talking about buying them, im talking about going to t5, clearing t5, and getting much, much less than I have had drop before.

Im honestly not trying to attack you or conspiracy shit up or anything Its just a simple request. If your not too busy with stuff it would be cool if changes to anything got posted. If you are too busy than ok tough shit for us i understand.

Dont read this part hateborne (dont listen to anything he says hes conspiracying shit up like no tomorrow more ninja nerfs inc keep your eyes peeled)

But I dont expect any of this stuff to happen or get looked at or anything till after your done with t10 and prob after you take a needed break from shit after making t10 live.

If I ever have a problem with something that you wouldnt want brought in the public eye (like if i thought you were ninja nerfing) id email you or send you tells in game

p.s. if you wanna fight about it bring back pvp and we will  fight about it.

Krinkle Sprinkle
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 10:45:43 pm »

Im honestly not trying to attack you or conspiracy shit up or anything Its just a simple request. If your not too busy with stuff it would be cool if changes to anything got posted. If you are too busy than ok tough shit for us i understand.

The only changes that aren't posted are ones pertaining to unreleased content or huge buffs that I go on about in OOC but forget to post1. Any changes to tiers are generally big news changes (in my opinion) and warrant update notes. The only things I wouldn't update would be like "TrashMob12041 is now on a grid" or other trivial, useless adjustments.

Don't worry Krinkle, not boning you or trying to bone you (not matter how bad you want it).

1 - Rune of Denial and Tower/Keep of Alendar saw 10x increase in rune amounts (live now).

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 08:43:36 pm »

Maybe its just bad rng, but I've seen really really bad rates for essences in T5. Last 9 clears I have totalled 5 essences all together...and that includes 2 DL clears. Thats far lower than I used to get. Some friends reporting similar drop rates. So you can kind of understand why some might think the drop rate has changed.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 11:18:22 pm »

UPDATE: Ran 2.5 clears tonight (AFK a ton) and got 5 essences total. So slightly better, but still way off what its been. But to be fair it still could be just one really, really long string of bad luck.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)