Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 04:23:52 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Drake is Fixed, EXP / SoA are...not so fixed.  (Read 38059 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2015, 10:45:55 am »

Drake is Fixed, EXP / SoA are...not so fixed.

Drake is fixed. With the implementation of the not_extendable/not_focusable field (correctly), spells can be set to NOT scale, which is a pretty huge win from a dev standpoint. Drake's triggers were set to scale and the hotfix command was issued (thanks KLS for that!). Should be live, but may require clients to zone to "see" the benefits.

Shield of the Ages is, for the most part, fine. With a lot of the recent spell updates, the Ancient Enhancement is all kinds of broken. It adds a TINY bonus to damage...EXCEPT IT DOESN'T ADD TINY AMOUNTS. Rank 6 or 7 lists 6 or 7%, but is adding somewhere close to 22% damage increase. As a result, until the effect can be fixed or until I find a better use of that focus slot, I will have to remove the effect. I may replace it with a more dynamic effect that is more defensive in nature, but that is a discussion for later. (It will be discussed unless no one cares...then I'll just fix it.)

Finally, the experience bonuses are ...breaking things. I've tried to ignore it for as long as I could, but it is causing lots of issues (negative exp values, getting 1-69s stuck, awarding so much AAXP that RoA100 is now obtainable in a week or less). This being said, I've been number crunching for a few hours to find the right "max". I do not have a value that is good yet, but I'll post here when I do and scale down the exp buffs. I hate to do what looks like a huge nerf, but I simply cannot have players earning millions of AAXP in a week or so. I will upgrade the EXP mask in status or other bonuses to ensure it stays valuable and well worth the effort spent to obtain it.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 10:48:48 am »

Also, PLEASE share thoughts/experiences/concerns with anything above. I can't keep EZ as one of the best custom Everquest servers without feedback.

-Hate

Hank Hill

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 11:47:34 am »

im just worried about the exp reward item V3. it has allready seen changes. i spent 1k cred on it and now it costs... 750? if it gets nerfed in exp bonus to...
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 12:05:21 pm »

If low levels are having problems is it possible to set it so anyone below 70 has a max exp bonus of say 150%? I mean 1-70 takes no time at all anyhow.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 12:06:54 pm »

change away:) As long as its for the health of the game I don't think reasonable people will get upset.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 12:11:04 pm »

a few things... the amount of xp it takes to get Mask to 400 or 600 or 1000 is so much that you literally don't need any more aa's by the time you get to that... so the only purpose of this mask is to farm up new toons or MGB it out for other people..

that being said lf you determine that the mask should be capped at 500 this only effects a few people  like 1 really..maybe 2? small handful at best and really wont effect anything in game.

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 12:26:07 pm »

I'd say the mask rank I was at when my Warrior finished needing AA's was somewhere around 350. But he started his AA grind long before xp penalties were removed from the server and the mask was introduced. I spent countless hours solo'ing Anguish on him with the 250% self xp clicky long ago, to the point where he was over 1 million AA's ahead of the team. So, with that in mind, I could see new groups (doing Mask of Exp on a box instead of warrior) hitting mask 300 or so at the same time they finish RoA 1000's on the bulk of the team (assuming we all take part in the Rymo has buffed TIME TO DO SOME ANGUISH program at least a few times). When I grinded my Earring (1 mil AA's) I was knocking out 100k AA in a day with a Rymo buff thrown in the middle somewhere. Waraesh can probably touch on this subject too, as he just finished grinding his Ear like a madman as well.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 12:30:54 pm »

im just worried about the exp reward item V3. it has allready seen changes. i spent 1k cred on it and now it costs... 750? if it gets nerfed in exp bonus to...

Don't worry, even if I end up adjusting those, they will still be VERY strong and VERY worth the effort. :-)

If low levels are having problems is it possible to set it so anyone below 70 has a max exp bonus of say 150%? I mean 1-70 takes no time at all anyhow.

Fixes one minor problem. Still doesn't address the 100k+ per day currently possible.

change away:) As long as its for the health of the game I don't think reasonable people will get upset.

Heh the UW change was for the health of the game and look how that ended up? :-)

a few things... the amount of xp it takes to get Mask to 400 or 600 or 1000 is so much that you literally don't need any more aa's by the time you get to that... so the only purpose of this mask is to farm up new toons or MGB it out for other people..

that being said lf you determine that the mask should be capped at 500 this only effects a few people  like 1 really..maybe 2? small handful at best and really wont effect anything in game.

Realistically, I'm looking at an absolute max value of somewhere closer to 350%.

-Hate

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 12:52:56 pm »

Realistically, I'm looking at an absolute max value of somewhere closer to 350%.
-Hate
Even so thats at most a dozen players? So long as the item still gives them something for the effort they put into it past that cutoff they should understand.

On a side note, I think you are going to break Rymos heart. He was shooting for server first to 1000.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 01:04:20 pm »

(negative exp values, getting 1-69s stuck, awarding so much AAXP that RoA100 is now obtainable in a week or less)

Another possible fix for this could be disabling Quest experience from scaling, if that's even possible. The only players that use these are the ones brand new to the server, leveling for the first time. When we level new characters, it's as fast as: Create level 1, buff him, zone to Karnor's and autorun for 60 seconds, repop instance, autorun some more, zone to PoFire, do 1 pull and bam done.

Not saying the masks aren't breaking the server, just offering another precautionary thing to stop the new guys from getting bugged.  Cool
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 01:10:14 pm »

Shield of the Ages is, for the most part, fine.

The Focus effect from Shield focus had never worked before. One of the recent updates just kicked it on and made me go HOLY SHIT. But yeah, it probably always had this insane scaling effect, it just never worked before, kinda like the magic restriction on our favorite buff  Tongue
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 01:13:30 pm »

The Focus effect from Shield focus had never worked before. One of the recent updates just kicked it on and made me go HOLY SHIT. But yeah, it probably always had this insane scaling effect, it just never worked before, kinda like the magic restriction on our favorite buff  Tongue

The effect is supposed to give 7% damage bonus (additive) for Ancient Enhancement VII, but it's giving ~22%. Somewhere, math went "dude wut?" and the damage bonus went through the ceiling.

-Hate

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 01:17:42 pm »

Yeah I know, I was just pointing out that it has always given 0% damage before yesterday lol. So disabling it isn't going to make anybody mad because it never worked in the first place.  Wink
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 01:29:35 pm »

If you change the exp mask and those people who will basically have it maxed out and nothing to spend their AAs on. Would it be possible to add an AA item to the power source slot that way people have a reason to keep farming AA. The item can increase your base stats like AC or something that would replace the huge lose of some peoples exp masks. It is just a thought I was thinking of for the past few days.

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 01:34:50 pm »

If you change the exp mask and those people who will basically have it maxed out and nothing to spend their AAs on. Would it be possible to add an AA item to the power source slot that way people have a reason to keep farming AA. The item can increase your base stats like AC or something that would replace the huge lose of some peoples exp masks. It is just a thought I was thinking of for the past few days.

Hate will probably have a better worded answer for this, but the reason for changing the Mask would be to add another AA quest / item to attain. But anything he adds with the Masks in their current state are going to have players maxing out the item in a matter of weeks. Unless the line required something as absurd as 50 million AAs, but then it wouldn't even be something people couldn't really take advantage of. It's a hard call.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 163