Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:15:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: EZ Augment Changes! (11-15-15)  (Read 21830 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2015, 08:41:02 pm »

EZ Augment Changes!

Tonight, I changed the way gearing augments work. (Nearly) ALL armor/accessories from QVIC to T10 have one type-24 slot and one type-25 slot. I moved everything in augslot2 to augslot1, then augslot3 into augslot2, then erased the augs in slot 3 and 4.

YES...you likely lost augments.

Amazing News: Resist augs are worth 300% more resists (yes, 3x their previous value). This makes gearing up resists much less terrible. It removes the aug dance crap too. I have scaled up the Leaf of Vitality, the T5 and T7 HP augments, and working to retroactively convert ALL of the LDON augments to the new system.

The point of such a confusing and radical change is to make EZ's gearing augment experience UNIFORM. Some of you were doing the aug dance, in an older client, just to make do. It's easier to simply remove the need for the aug dance altogether.

WARNING: Those of you with HUGE resist values by having Resist Augments in random slots, remove them by Thursday morning or lose them. I'll be running a fairly taxing query Thursday morning (~3am early) to remove hundreds of augments in this fashion. Overall, most players that are ignoring this will still (mostly) see net gains or tiny, tiny drops.

Please post comments/concerns in this thread. Thanks!

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 08:50:02 pm »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but what if we had an uber aug eg. resist XV in a lower slot and a shitty aug eg resist VI in a higher aug slot? Did we lose the good aug? Also, if we made a habit of that, did we lose a bunch of good augs?

Not complaining at all since it's obviously a good change btw just noticing that would be the case unless I am missing something.

Also, when you say random slots, do you mean resist items in HP slots?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:57:59 pm by warrior5 » Logged

Momentum

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 09:12:54 pm »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but what if we had an uber aug eg. resist XV in a lower slot and a shitty aug eg resist VI in a higher aug slot? Did we lose the good aug? Also, if we made a habit of that, did we lose a bunch of good augs?

In this case, yes, you would get gimped by this change. But in this case you also would have already been gimping yourself. You should have ditched that VI long ago and used 2 XIV instead of combining them to make a XV.

EDIT: Or an XIV and XIII so you didn't have to get on UF to aug 2 of the same aug.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:21:03 pm by Momentum » Logged
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 09:25:20 pm »

To clarify. We have till thur to remove them or it has already taken place?

I see u saying we lost augs but then i see thurs warning. Confused bc im stupid...

Keeze
Momentum

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 09:43:19 pm »

Looks like some arm slots didn't update. I have Druid and Shaman T8 and Pal T9 that still have all 3 slots. Also looks like ToFS stuff didn't get updated (maybe you said something in OOC and I missed it). I have Vhal Earring, Tser Robe and Tser Earring all with 3 slots.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 10:04:20 pm »

To clarify. We have till thur to remove them or it has already taken place?

I see u saying we lost augs but then i see thurs warning. Confused bc im stupid...
they are lost, I lost some good augs but oh well.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 10:12:04 pm »

Alright, just logged in, i see now.

Guess the query he will run on thursday is to remove the augs from ranged weapons etc. since you could put 3 augs in freeport bow.

Keeze
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 10:15:52 pm »

Alright, just logged in, i see now.

Guess the query he will run on thursday is to remove the augs from ranged weapons etc. since you could put 3 augs in freeport bow.
No, its to remove all 25 slot augs (resists) from slot 24 (HP) 1st slot.

Hate, not sure if it matters but there is also the slimy sapphire of cowardice, it could use the same changes as the resist maybe. Also I tried to combine 2 X Slimy augs and not recipe for it.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 10:22:08 pm »

At first I was all wut!?@?!@ and then i was like ohh ...

good change!:)

Kaid

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 10:28:00 pm »

Actually, Expletus had it right. All resist augs in any slot that is not type 25 will be deleted . This includes weapons (UW, bows, etc.)
Rymo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 10:31:53 pm »

ahhh lost my HP regene aug.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 11:57:02 pm »

I'm at work and cant log in.. I'm assuming this means instead of stacking a X XI and XII, you get one slot for resist and the other to put a leaf in? Honestly if the resists are worth 3x as much no biggie.

As long as i dont log in and find I have to refarm a hundred Leaf of Vitalities, i'm cool. heh.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 01:00:22 am »

I'm at work and cant log in.. I'm assuming this means instead of stacking a X XI and XII, you get one slot for resist and the other to put a leaf in? Honestly if the resists are worth 3x as much no biggie.

As long as i dont log in and find I have to refarm a hundred Leaf of Vitalities, i'm cool. heh.
if you have leafs in all your slots now, you will be good Smiley you will just loose any resist stones in weapon or range.

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 06:01:27 am »

The jewler's candlelight needs its aug slots changed to type 24 and 25. Its set as an epic and proc right now even though its not a weapon.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 07:08:23 am »

I love the change. Hate how you just dropped it in without warning. Alot of work went into obtaining augs and just deleting them as you did was irresponsible.

I know i bitch alot but you gave a warning for the other slots whynot those slot you deleted?

Over all great change.

What happens to t7 slot specific augs? Way of the dodo?

Keeze
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 69
  • Online Ever: 8678