Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:49:55 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Custom EZ HUD mod  (Read 20372 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« on: February 29, 2016, 09:50:31 pm »

I've been using a modified version of the HUD for mq2 and some people have asked about it so I'm going to post a link to it here along with a few pictures.

HUD stands for heads-up-display and is a feature built into mq2 to be able to display item or mob status persistently so you don't have to type the command every time.  If I want to know how many essences from T8 I have in my inventory, I could /echo ${FindItemCount[Essence of Temple Veeshan]} and have it display the number in my mq2 window or open my bags and check, but with mq2hud I can just tell mq2 to display the count for me so it's always there.  You can also check your bank slots the same way with a different command, but I put that into the HUD already.

Each custom tiered progression zone in EZ requires you to collect certain items, kill certain mobs, etc to progress through it.  Keeping track on one character is tedious enough, but it's a real pain in the ass to track it across groups of alts.  This custom HUD will track those items for you. Let's take Qvic for instance, you have to loot all those tokens and if you're doing it for a group of alts and loot out of order it's a pain in the ass to have to open bags and mouse over each one to see which one you are missing.  The HUD will look for the tokens by name in your bags and bank and you can figure out which one you are missing.  Gems are much the same way in Qvic when you are making armor, so these are tracked for you as well.  Each custom zone should have it's own tracking queries set up already, if there are suggestions on how to make them better please let me know and I'll do my best to modify it and keep it as functional and efficient as possible.

One thing to note, I've been using these customizations for over a year now and there was always an issue on RoF2 where some characters would have to turn the zone HUD off or they would crash and be unable to load in. I recently asked Blarr to help me figure out why this was and he identified the issue and it was relayed to Maudigan at mqemulator.net for review.  Maudigan patched a fix for the crash issue, which he dubbed as a Band-Aid fix because the bank query just tells you the contents of the bank and not shared bank as well, but I don't keep anything of consequence in there anyhow so it's functional for all I need.

AGAIN, YOU MUST HAVE THE LATEST ROF2 MQ2 compile from mqemulator.net or this WILL likely crash your characters.  If your character does suffer this issue you can either delete the mq2hud.ini file or scroll all the way down to the bottom of it and find where it lists your character's settings, on the one that crashes set zone hud to off and you will be able to load the character again. GET THE LATEST COMPILE and this will not be a problem for you.

I'll list the contents of the working HUD mod in a text file, simply copy the entire contents and go to your mq2 folder, find mq2hud configuration file (it'll say it's full name as mq2hud.ini if you right click it and scroll to properties) and open it, delete the existing contents of it and paste the contents from the modified HUD link.  Go into the game and the HUD should display zone specific information for the zones contained within it.  If you don't see anything, don't panic...make sure you have mq2hud plugin loaded and if it still doesn't appear, try pressing F11.  F11 will toggle the HUD information on and off.

This is currently set to be used in a 1920x1080 format.  It can be altered to fit any setup, so if there are requests for different resolutions I'll do my best to get it working for you.  I also use the /viewport command to block off the part of the screen the HUD is on so it doesn't get drowned out by the zone graphics.
/viewport  148 0 1772 1080
This should work for most people and only chops off a bit of the screen, I put some of my UI pieces there to keep them out of my way as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzeGlOUfBbZ3ajl3SG00RjUyNWc/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 07:20:56 pm by Dimur » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 09:52:10 pm »

Here are some pictures to illustrate:

Drajor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 04:41:43 pm »

This is pretty damn cool. I have not played with mq2hud but feel motivated to after seeing this. I have macros that can report this stuff normally.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 05:50:38 pm »

Stickied topic as promised

EZ Server GM
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 06:45:53 pm »

Pretty cool what you can do with Hud, old UF screenshot

Red

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 02:02:10 pm »

I have to say, I'm really impressed with this. I see no issue with this HUD, so long as it's not actively spamming server with /tar commands or something equally lagtastic. Otherwise:

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 01:08:35 pm »

That GM check... lol

Kobrakai Pwnstar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 01:26:37 pm »

That GM check... lol

My hud was designed by a bad kid that played on p99 so it has one (I was a good kid and never ran it on my days of p99, just used it here) haha.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 03:27:59 pm »

thats a damn sexy UI I would need at least 2 more clicky bars for it to work for me...

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 07:12:28 am »

I need a bigger screen! and a bigger boat! and a bigger.......nm

Yeah I'm still on the old 22" screen, thinking of getting a 27" so when that happens I will look back into this. I used to use it back in the day and it was awesome, just seemed crowded on the screen size.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 07:27:56 am »

Do what the wife and I did....find a solid 1080 flatscreen, say 39 to 42 inches, with a decent rate. The claims that monitors give better opic quality arent always true....it depends on your flatscreen HDTV and how you set it up. BUT....make sure its at least a 1080. 720's will be shitty pic.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 07:56:30 am »

which one do you use chunka?

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 08:34:54 am »

I splurged this last black Friday and got a cheap 50 inch 4k tv that I'm using as a monitor and I couldn't be happier, so much real estate.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 08:53:03 am »

I splurged this last black Friday and got a cheap 50 inch 4k tv that I'm using as a monitor and I couldn't be happier, so much real estate.

I think that you sir, are lying

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 09:15:15 am »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381043343002?rmvSB=true

This is through newegg, but for some reason going directly to their site wont find you this deal anymore (I got the same TV for this price Black Friday).  I love it, works fantastic.

My wife is using this Vizio: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889262403 and she loves it.

If ya check around you can find some pretty decent deals on 1080 or 4K screens that will perform at least as well as monitors.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)