Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:36:17 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Minor Updates! (4-5-16)  (Read 21334 times)
CyanideTreatment

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2016, 04:25:40 pm »

Anyways i don't give a fuck, the changes were made deal with them guys.. he aint gonna change them back
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2016, 04:32:23 pm »

Nor should he. They're fair, they honestly wont effect players negatively (my opinion, since they STILL have it 10 times easier than most of us when we started our chars) and its a step in solving some genuine issues on the server.

Good compromise, Hate.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
wendel

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2016, 05:16:29 pm »

Nor should he. They're fair, they honestly wont effect players negatively (my opinion, since they STILL have it 10 times easier than most of us when we started our chars) and its a step in solving some genuine issues on the server.

Good compromise, Hate.

Uphill, through the snow, both ways to school...
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2016, 05:26:01 pm »

Easier doesnt make the server better. Just makes it boring quicker.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2016, 05:30:04 pm »

Easier doesnt make the server better. Just makes it boring quicker.

god damn it Chunka stop making me agree with you

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2016, 06:10:49 pm »

Is the Dark Side stronger?

No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

CyanideTreatment

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2016, 06:21:59 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=493ljyoox6o
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2016, 06:22:16 pm »

Wait, Rent is the Dark Side?
Biltin

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2016, 10:20:59 am »

I am fairly new here even though I started on this server back in early 2014. I played for a while, got to epic 3.0 on three characters and leveled up my RoA quite a few times the old school way of 0-70.  Then I stop on the server for a couple of years, just coming back a couple months ago.

I am just throwing that info out there to give a frame of reference to my thinking.

I am 100% behind the change to the RoA and actually think that change is way overdo.  A lower level character with a high level RoA is a very serious balancing issue.

The issue I have is with the EXP buff, I just don't follow the logic of why the limitations are set the way they are.  The EXP buff does not allow you to move through content faster now that the RoA limitations are in place. 

You can gain AAs until you have so many you crash the server but without being able to upgrade your gear with them until you level up...whats the point...whats the harm?

Also, I do not understand why a 101% EXP buff, that you did not personally earn, at level 71 is a balancing issue but a 1000% exp buff, that you did not personally earn, at level 77 is not.  That is the real kicker for me, it gives the appearance that gaining massive amounts of extra exp is OK for the vets but not for new players.

Ultimately I guess who cares, whats the point of earning AAs you cant spend right?  And the EXP buffs the lower levels are able to receive are very nice to get and very appreciated.  I just don't care for the "us" against  "them" ("vets" against "newb") attitude that seems to be happening.
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2016, 10:42:48 am »

The issue I have is with the EXP buff, I just don't follow the logic of why the limitations are set the way they are.  The EXP buff does not allow you to move through content faster now that the RoA limitations are in place. 
With the EXP buff changes and RoA limitation, it's going be awhile before you reach level cap on RoA unless you hard grind for it. If anything you will be rolling to next level before you hit RoA level cap. You can still get the EXP buffs and level up your RoA to it's new level cap. Just no more RoA 1000 for level 71/72 in a week.

You can gain AAs until you have so many you crash the server but without being able to upgrade your gear with them until you level up...whats the point...whats the harm?
There's also Earring of Ages and Mask of EXP you can dump your AAs into. Which once again, take ages to work into. For real tho, if you really can get THAT many AAs early in low tier, then maybe the mobs EXP need tweaking...OR maybe it's time for you to move up to next tier! Tongue

Also, I do not understand why a 101% EXP buff, that you did not personally earn, at level 71 is a balancing issue but a 1000% exp buff, that you did not personally earn, at level 77 is not.  That is the real kicker for me, it gives the appearance that gaining massive amounts of extra exp is OK for the vets but not for new players.
Mainly to keep AAs flow reasonably for lower tier players and once you progressed enough to hit level 77 then it's all yours because you will need it for higher end RoA/Earring/Mask. This also placed in so you don't have to worry about maxing out your RoA/Earring/Mask as soon as possible. You're better off just focus on progression and level up RoA as you goes with it. Unless you're into that hard grinds, then by all mean, do it. It's play your way afterall.

Ultimately I guess who cares, whats the point of earning AAs you cant spend right?  And the EXP buffs the lower levels are able to receive are very nice to get and very appreciated.  I just don't care for the "us" against  "them" ("vets" against "newb") attitude that seems to be happening.
I'm "newb" (barely over one month new) and I support this balance changes for better health of server to last longer and to keep new players reeled in so they wouldn't be bored quickly. Not because of "vets" against "newbs."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 10:45:27 am by Kelordis » Logged

Biltin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2016, 11:15:57 am »

[quote}With the EXP buff changes and RoA limitation, it's going be awhile before you reach level cap on RoA unless you hard grind for it. If anything you will be rolling to next level before you hit RoA level cap. You can still get the EXP buffs and level up your RoA to it's new level cap. Just no more RoA 1000 for level 71/72 in a week.
  RoA 1000 in a week by low levels was stopped by level limits on RoA, which I support.  Now the only ones that could RoA in a week are the high levels.

There's also Earring of Ages and Mask of EXP you can dump your AAs into. Which once again, take ages to work into. For real tho, if you really can get THAT many AAs early in low tier, then maybe the mobs EXP need tweaking...OR maybe it's time for you to move up to next tier! Tongue
  If those items are not level limited and the intent is to level limit them then maybe they should be level limited.....

Mainly to keep AAs flow reasonably for lower tier players and once you progressed enough to hit level 77 then it's all yours because you will need it for higher end RoA/Earring/Mask. This also placed in so you don't have to worry about maxing out your RoA/Earring/Mask as soon as possible. You're better off just focus on progression and level up RoA as you goes with it. Unless you're into that hard grinds, then by all mean, do it. It's play your way afterall.
Controlling AA flow for only lower tier players is exactly my point, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.  If you want to control AA flow you can't just pick a select group you feel is unworthy and expect that group not to notice what you did.

I'm "newb" (barely over one month new) and I support this balance changes for better health of server to last longer and to keep new players reeled in so they wouldn't be bored quickly. Not because of "vets" against "newbs."
I am just trying to express how it appears to me.  There may be the best intentions in the world but but usually if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......its probably a duck.
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2016, 11:19:41 am »

RoA 1000 in a week by low levels was stopped by level limits on RoA, which I support.  Now the only ones that could RoA in a week are the high levels.
Except it's not possible anymore unless they found another exploit. PoFire was nerfed to the ground. It's level 70 zone now with subpar exp.

Not even high level can get RoA to 1000 in a week anymore.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2016, 11:29:04 am »

I am tier 10, and other than buying AA crystals, my max geared/leveled Warrior is the ONLY toon I have with RoA 1000 and I have been playing on server for 6 years.  Everyone else is around 600-700.  Jesus Christ guys stop acting the victim.  if you are going through progression you will get the gear in short enough time before you have the AA banked for a RoA 400!  Hell I would have LOVED to hear you guys bitch when Hunter changed RoA from 100 (max) to 1000 (max) and wiped everyone's AA's so no one could jump to 1000 in an hour of handing in the rings.  Back then we had nothing for AA's to be dumped into except RoA.  Once you hit RoA 100 you just banked all the AA. Stop acting the victim and just play the damned game.  if you have that big a problem with it find a different server because shit changes here depending on the situation and the ONLY dev we have has to adapt to keep the health of the server and his sanity.....btw I stll hate you Hate.  Wink

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2016, 02:53:10 pm »

I am tier 10, and other than buying AA crystals, my max geared/leveled Warrior is the ONLY toon I have with RoA 1000 and I have been playing on server for 6 years.

This is what gets lost in the translation.  The newer folks probably are questioning this change and the concerns voiced by Biltin are totally understandable given his perspective.  The single point of emphasis made in this quoted statement is exactly why the veteran players are bothered that someone gamed the shit out of the mechanics of a system and blew through years of relevant content AA farming in a week and have the audacity to try to play the victim. I've been playing here for years as well, I have a single RoA 1k toon that I pooled all of my resources into so he could get to that point...my next highest is the first character I rolled on this server, who's been in every single group I've made when grinding and who benefits from me clicking my exp mask which is now 452 or something.  The point is, this character has benefited from being grouped with a geared out warrior blowing through content and having an exp buff mod on him when I'm not too lazy to cast it and he has an RoA 733.  This shitstorm isn't because anyone cares who catches up, the shitstorm is because the abuse a few retards committed totally trivialized years of gameplay.

Now the only ones that could RoA in a week are the high levels.

Now the only ones that could RoA in a week are the hackers.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 02:56:28 pm by Dimur » Logged
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2016, 03:39:57 pm »

hell I have killed a few things and i dont even have a ROA 1k....

I am shocked that people could game this for that much aa... they should not only lose the Rings on all toons...but any xp masks or earrings as well....

burn em i say!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 8678