Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:28:57 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: A few ROF2 UI pieces  (Read 18640 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2016, 11:41:58 am »

I've been working on incorporating some of the mq2 information the HUD can display into the default EQ UI pieces so people can customize their display of the information a bit more easily. Some of the UI pieces are still being adjusted, but if anyone wants to try out the friends window mod, it's a tabbed window with all of your essence information on the first tab.  The first column is what you have in your inventory and the second is what you have in your bank.  The other 2 tabs are available to put other information on and I'm open to suggestions.  You can see the HUD display next to the UI window, a bit more compact but since it's a UI piece you can open it, close it or move it around to where you want it to be.  Added item tracking information for HoH tokens, T7 epic stones, T8 scales and Qvic tokens and armor gems.  Added another tab for Anguish epic pages as well.

Updating the main post as I add more pieces for download, this piece is the netbots window made in the EQUI_ClaimWnd.  It's evolved a bit since the last screenshot I posted in another thread, I figured out how to make each slot a button and removed the white line I had separating toons.  The window lists for each netbots toon their name, mana (which at this point could probably be removed), their target, spell being cast if they are casting one, and a distance check from the control toon so you can see if anyone got hung up on a corner while navigating through zones.  The distance check is something the user is going to have to enable if they want it to work, and netbots are listed in the order mq2 sees them, which is alphabetically.  You can rearrange the way they are listed by changing the corresponding number in their listed slot.  Both of these last 2 items aren't as daunting as they seem as they are simple find and replace, but if you need help setting it up let me know and I'll do my best. The window itself is resizable and supports 6, 12 and 18 man setups...if someone needs more spots than that let me know and I'll add the code for it.

Also linked is my target window...it has both target and target's target in the UI, there are a few pieces of the window that aren't utilized on our client so I just cannibalized them and made them into something more functional for EZ.  The target window will let you know how many mobs are within 100 units radius of your control toon, it'll let you know what your target is, what level it is, what race it is and what class it is, as well as show you any debuffs the mob currently has on it and it's distance away from you as well as the target's target built into it.  It's a resizable window so stretch it where you need to and it should be good to go on any default UI setup, if it needs animation fixes etc on a custom setup let me know and I'll do my best to correct any conflicts.

Player window mod is linked below as well, it lists player name, hitpoints (this is the bugged UI displayed HP number but doesn't bug til later tiers so still useful for lower tiers), it lists how many players are in the zone with you and how many npcs are in the zone with you as well. It also lists the plat you have on you so you don't have to open the inventory window to reference it, I use this to get an idea how much I've made farming a zone, and it lists the shortname of the zone you are currently in and also the zone ID if you are in an instanced zone.  Two lockout timers are built into the player window too and will only show up if you are locked out and displays the time left until you can click the item again...on the left side of the window is the riposte click for warriors and on the right side the EXP mask click timer.  There's also a /loc check displaying your current X,Y,Z coordinates in the zone.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzeGlOUfBbZ3WVpIRVNSQ0FTeW8  <- Link to EQUI_FriendsWnd modded to item tracker  Open with Alt+F

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzeGlOUfBbZ3Zm91WVB3eXR1UlE  <- Link to EQUI_AuraWnd modded to ToFS spawn tracker, work in progress for other zones  Open with Shift+A

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzeGlOUfBbZ3anpRUmtGQzhLWm8  <- Link to the EQUI_ClaimWnd modded to netbots display  Open with Shift+C

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzeGlOUfBbZ3NVphc1paM05COEk  <- Link to the EQUI_TargetWnd modded to include some mq2 information...open by default but Alt+T if you need to bring it up

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzeGlOUfBbZ3VFd0Tk1Ed0llNkE  <- Link to the EQUI_PlayerWnd modded with some MQ2 information

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:22:26 pm by Dimur » Logged
KnowFear

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 12:40:36 pm »

Works perfectly. Tabbed info could be AA counts, Clicky item timers etc.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 02:18:37 pm »

I could put item click lockouts on the second tab, though I'm not sure how many clickable lockout timers people keep track of.  On my player window I list the lockout for riposte click an for the exp mask click, I could put those on the second tab...are there any others that people would want to see?

The AA count is another possibility, the problem is once you reach 67k banked or so they roll over so the visual wouldn't be an accurate count.
KnowFear

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 03:03:26 pm »

I was trying to get your HUD working last night and it was a huge headache that ended up fruitless. It worked great on 5 toons, and all the rest crashed out and crashed trying to log back in. I replaced the mq2hud file back to blank and tried again. Same results. So this idea of actual moveable ui pieces is great to me. I personally am only working through T3-4 so I don't have any other ideas for the other tabs yet.

But as someone who knows a very little bit about XML and even less about MQ2 integration, I will definitely say a hearty thank you for what you've done so far!.
Keroth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 04:21:23 pm »

I was trying to get your HUD working last night and it was a huge headache that ended up fruitless. It worked great on 5 toons, and all the rest crashed out and crashed trying to log back in. I replaced the mq2hud file back to blank and tried again. Same results. So this idea of actual moveable ui pieces is great to me. I personally am only working through T3-4 so I don't have any other ideas for the other tabs yet.

But as someone who knows a very little bit about XML and even less about MQ2 integration, I will definitely say a hearty thank you for what you've done so far!.

In your mq2hud.ini you will see individual sections for each character that you have logged in while the plugin is running.  Change the settings on this file to reflect the following for each character.

[Charactername_EZ (Linux) x4 Exp]
Last=Elements
SkipParse=1
CheckINI=10
UpdateInBackground=on
ClassHUD=off
ZoneHUD=off

That should fix the client crashing.  I thought Maudigan had fixed this but it still happens with mine as well, despite downloading a new compile from mqemulator.

castaway5

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 04:33:12 pm »

Dimur had a moment of time to help me out and told him I would leave this on his thread for people who were in the same boat as me. " Lost " lmao.

Note: These steps work for any custom HUD piece you want to put in your UI

1.)  Locate to your Everquest directory and inside your ' Uifiles ' folder make a copy of the ' Default ' folder and rename it to your liking. Place this renamed Default folder inside your UiFiles folder.

2.) Download your custom UI pieces and place them inside your renamed Default folder which should already be or planned to be inside your original uifiles folder.

3.) In game press alt+o by default and in the General tab click load ui skin and load the folder u just renamed.

5.) In game alt+f opens up Item Tracker, Qvic-OC Ess; ToFS1-Master Ess; SLS; EoN

6.) Shift + A will bring up the Alert Window and that will notify you of what bosses spawn in ToFS

7.) You may need to zone all characters to get some functions back like Map / Guild tab functions.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 04:45:19 pm by castaway5 » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 04:41:06 pm »

Some people reported issues when the HUD was trying to display too much information bogging them down...if you get a loss in framerate from using these windows you can just close them normally and pull them up when you need to reference them to avoid lag.
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 04:45:12 pm »

By chance those toons that kept crashing have anything in their bank at all? I noticed that if my character have NOTHING in their bank, it's immediately crash for them. One item in the bank and they log in normally.

KnowFear

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 04:57:27 pm »

None of the tracked items in any banks other than my main. Random class ores and Aug ingredients in the other banks.
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 05:13:49 pm »

None of the tracked items in any banks other than my main. Random class ores and Aug ingredients in the other banks.
What I mean is ANY items, not those listed in this modded UI. Like absolutely empty bank.

KnowFear

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 07:58:02 pm »

I was still having crash issues, so I deleted all 4 of those toons UIsettings and restarted with them at a default. I checked the banks, and you were correct. All of those toons were empty. I put some BS in them and loaded normal and everything is working fine now. Thanks for the heads up.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 01:04:20 pm »

Bump, added a netbots window to OP.
KnowFear

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 08:03:35 pm »

Just for informational sake, to use the netbot window you need to do the following:

/netbots on
/netbots grab=on
/netbots send=on

You can /bca these commands so you only have to type them once.

I know most people probably already know this, but I had only half of mine broadcasting correctly and had to look it up to remember how I had done it before.
Chameleonn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 01:54:48 pm »

thanks for the netbots window to see second grp HP and mana

could it show the pets HP as a line/thing that grows smaller/oh crap we gonna die bar/bar at bottom please
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 04:31:37 pm »

I'd love to be able to use the gauges for netbots like you can in the group window, player window and target window but unfortunately there are only certain types you can use and they're all limited to group members as far as I know.  I tried to manipulate the target window to display some netbots info and all I can do is show a greyed out gauge similar to a group member being out of the zone, there was no way to get the animation on the gauge.  I think there's a pretty chincy workaround to making an animated gauge using ascii characters but I never really explored it.  The easiest way to show pet health would probably be showing it as a percentage of health like the netbots currently do.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 104
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)