Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:12:37 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: New Content  (Read 87977 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2016, 01:41:59 pm »

Hey all!

First, life couldn't have been more busy for me in the past few months so giving proper time to things has been limited. I've had many life changes to work through.

There are a handful of things that I have had planned for projects, many of them EQEmu/EZ related.

Rent has been graciously cooking awesome things behind the scenes and he has been very helpful over the past few months. He's done amazing work, and I've been impressed with how much he has helped the server.

This community has always been strong in expressing views and ideas, and I would like to make an open invitation to everyone reading this to express what they would really like to see on the server content wise.

I realize there are some things in other threads that need attention but I still have the following questions for you all.

Get into these thoughts and express what excites you about playing, but please refrain from getting too carried away and derailing this thread.

Ask yourself what small things could be done, that could better the quality of life of an everyday player.

What things have been broken for a long time that could use some TLC.

If a new tier were to be built, what would you want it to look like? What style of content? Would you want it to be T5 style, or even mimic the content structure of live's mission grinding for credits, doing dungeon crawls. What did you like about previous tiers?

What are things that are absolutely dreadfully annoying about existing content that is beyond reason (not talking about grinds, but feature creep)

Would you like to see an alternative entirely to T10? What would that challenge look like to you (Again, a previous tier style? Dungeon crawl?)

What do you like about gear progression upgrades and what would you like to see more of.

Some of you long standing veterans with tons of ideas and have played this server forever should have a fresh idea of what has really motivated them and what they have had FUN with.

I'm interested to hear your guys' thoughts.

Go!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:46:28 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Sheilds

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 03:05:41 pm »

I would like to see items of the same being able to be commendable for a +1, which will add maybe 1 to all current stats item has and heroic. Combining two +1 = +2, and so on maybe cap at 100. Every +5 would increase focus effects, by one, every 25 would add random effects, possible neg. This would not just be limited to gear, but more limitless. Augs, weapons, spells, uw, charm, RoA, and more. Of course augs would gain 1k damage etc. If combining for Aug IV, the + would be reset or dropped by 10 or whatever seems best. Some items wouldn't be able to combine until highest level is reach. Example sorc charms, zerk, etc.. until maxed. I believe this would change and improve the style of grind, give the server many more directions for character progression even at an early stage. We would see more rerolls on items to obtain the perfect weapons that suit us best. All combines at level 100 would be tradeable. Stimulate economy. All collectively we would boost server numbers, top tier would battle lower tiers for faster combines,

Let me know what you think? How well it fits in? I know I'd love uw 100 and strike Aug 100 with pet spell 100.
Sheilds

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 04:08:06 pm »

I would also like to see more titles not sure if anyone else agrees. you in jagged pine destroying wisp after wisp after the 1000 wisp, title the collector.
If you are a lowbie murdering orcs, after you've hit the 400 mark, title Orc camp 1.. silly things perhaps, just a thought.
 Thank you good luck and welcome back Akka.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 04:15:48 pm »

I like the idea of gearing in t10 BUT I would like to have it setup so that you could do all 3 faction types ( I thought that was a new and exciting idea Hate put in for gearing up)...for example: Orc armor is nice for the hp factor but it limits you on offensive/defensive mods (caster vs. healer mods)...so a paladin would want the orc faction for the hp's but make it so he/she could (after completing a full set of orc gear) continue on with the gnoll or sarnak faction for that mod...would take twice as long to finish content but with nice gains for those individuals willing to put in the time....I think having that kind of gear setup in the future would extend the life of each new zone as well. Instead of steam roll "x" content now wait for new content to come out.

I would like to see some of the old items get some love (Scepter of Time for example)

How about something new in the line of waist/shoulders/etc (thinking along lines of EoBA/SoA.....

As far as new tiers: Some of the newer content in EQ was kinda cool (think Brell's Rest and whatever zone had those ant-men in it)

How about custom items for each class?  Some kind of awesome bard mask with clicky illussion that gives some kind of awesome buff (just as a thought for each class...kinda like mage is good for "xyz" so give him/her "abc" item that is mage'ish type item...etc etc...I think warriors have been shown a lot of love but some of the other classes have been pushed aside)

See if anything can be done to make rangers/beastlords a viable class...I know I deleted my ranger because he was just a waste of a toon (IMO! So don't all you ranja lovers start hating on me...well more than you already do lol)

I like dungeon crawls as well....like first time in HHK when a goblin jumped out at me and scared the crap out of me lol...Miss those feelings.

Please whatever you do, don't make traps that spawn more mobs! I have said it before but that is a cheap way to make content "challenging" and takes ZERO thought.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 04:18:09 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 08:04:36 pm »

What do you like about gear progression upgrades and what would you like to see more of.

I would also like to see UW augs for slots 3 type 28 and slot 5 type 30(on a warrior) and slot 2 type 27 slot 5 type 30 (on a bard) slot 3 type 28 and slot 5 type 30 (on a pally)...those are some examples...but you cant fill every slot currently on any toon with an UW for some reason.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 08:07:13 pm »

I also REALLY like the story line that Rent wrote for the T10 expedition! I think it would be awesome (cause we have some really creative minds on this server) to come up with story lines for new content....kinda immerse you into the environment. That was the first time since live their was a backstory to what you were doing in ANY zone on this server.  Grin

whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 09:37:41 pm »

I haven't played in quite awhile due to RL but always like to check the boards just in case I ever return. One thing I always loved was the server mobs like when Hunter made that spider guy and everyone showed up (A continually wiped for hours). That was fun. Now if a different mob a month that used different tactics to kill it that might be enjoyable to some instead of having to wait till Halloween to fight one.

Fecs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 11:30:36 pm »

Off the top of my head:

Dreadfully annoying things in existing content:

1. Obscure unclear boss triggers -> Basically every boss in t10, and to a lesser extent t9. Prior tiers had very clear do X to cause Y.

2. The essentially mandatory nature of halloween pets, specifically IG.  I can run 2 paladins, a druid, a shaman, and 2 clerics all spamming my warrior at around 5mil hp or so with max SoA and still get 1 rounded rather often by 3-5 pulls in T10 due to lacking IG pet.

3. How difficult it is to see what bard songs are even doing except for the AE debuff and tempest blade, I have no idea how much mana/hp chorus is giving, I just know the bard instantly dies if I forget to turn it off on a pull. It'd be nice to have the bard buff songs not cause threat.

4. The first boss of dranik expediition's ability to insta-kill any character if you hit him for more than 50% of his health and he decides to fire the backstabs (sometimes you can 1 shot him without getting hurt, sometimes you die between double attack swings) - and as an extension the frequency that the dranik expedition bugs out when you try to chain run it, causing you to have to #e destroy multiple broken instances between each good one.

5. NPCs fighting each other -  This is a terribly obnoxious mechanic that is extremely prevalent in T10 and seems like a massive waste of resources that just
confuses the zone even more than it already is. It also obscures boss trigger mechanics in T9.

6. Gnoll archers in T10 - I had one shoot me 2 weeks or so ago for 5.5 million in a single shot on my warrior.

7. The random spawn locations for bosses in T7. You can spend 3x the time chasing the boss triggers than you actually spent killing every other npc in this zone.

Quality of life suggestions:

1. I don't think an alternative to T10 needs to be created, just a clean up of the current one, a removal of traps, a much more clear do x to cause y boss triggers and

2. it'd be nice if the base xp in the higher tiers was higher. It feels really awkward that the best xp seems to be farming HoH tokens and then spamming down t3/4 bosses.

3. Would it be possible to do an pass over of attack values of mobs in frozen shadow, they seem to have much higher attack (hit chance and average damage/max damage) than the roughly corresponding tier of mobs.

4. I also think the addition of xp crystals and gsoa would go a long way in making all of tofs much less of a headache for new and backfarming players. Resist stones already drop on tier now, so that niche is gone for ToFS. Plat bags replacing the weapons would be really nice. It made sense when plat bags didn't stack that it didn't matter if it was weapons or bags, but with stacking plat bags the tofs money loot is obnoxious.

5. Someone to go over and give actual correct descriptions of what spells/effects do would be nice. T10 Mask is a good example - It is completely unclear what second wind does - but i know it can't be cast in combat, I assume it's some kind of heal but i've never seen it actually do anything. Same with things like Scroll of the Matyr.

6. Proving grounds to be more often useable but lowering the hive shard rewards. It's nice not to have to decide "do i want to farm essences, or do i want hive shards or do I want SLS" MPG gives a great mix of things that everyone needs a billion of.

7. I'd like to see a new tier be a story driven anguish or ToV type zone.  Zones where you have a goal - and not a random trigger chasing festival.

8. Echoing what was said by others above about UW augs and other off slot items and class specific items.

9. Upping the % chance of each boss spawn in T5. This lowers the grind some what on what is a very out of place (IMO) zone.

10. Lowering Plagueborn requirement for T10 epic.

Other:

To me, the most fun parts of the experience playing is when you hit those power spikes that really let you feel stronger. Your first UC, the big jump from UW 2 to 3.

In this regard the idea of specific fun/powerful items for different slots/classes would be really cool.
Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 05:39:00 am »

More options for hive shards would be great. Also maybe look at getting abyss expedition back up and running, the above post is good also about spawn rate of bosses in t5. Tofs needs rainbows in it imo.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 11:36:20 am »

Dranik - the 1st boss? nah it's fine, takes some strategy, that's not a bad thing... (hint:  use a weak spell or a weak pet, anything that just knocks off 10-20% per hit..) or hell just go full blast and rez the 1 toon he kills.. not a big deal.

if anything needs fixing in Dranik it's the last boss, bugs out all the adds, invulnerable mobs, etc..

re: MPG, honestly if you made it give 150 shards and only doable once a month I would be more happy... because that place is BORR-RING. just a long long slog down the same monotonous corridors... absolutely no challenge obviously if you are backfarming dragons/gods essences zZZzz..

big fix needed in MPG is the named mobs there sometimes have massive HPs... well known bug I think.

I guess new content would be nice, T11? but maybe something you can do concurrently with T1-T10. I like how you can take a break from Tiers/Epics and do the expeditions, or ToFS, or work on EoN's etc... more stuff like that please! how about a Ammo slot item similar to UC/Shield of Ages/Sceptre of Time/etc?

One thing I would LOVE to see, but not sure how you could do it without it being abused.. is a shortcut method of Tier-ing up new toons. Right now if you have say a group+half of all Tier 8/9+ toons but want to start a new Necro or something you don't have, you have to start ALLL the way at the beginning, Plane of Time, Qvic etc...

I would love to have a quest where say you would go to some unused zone (and there are a TON of them) and kill the end boss, who would be buffed up, and he would drop a Token of Tier 7 (let's say). This token when you turned it in would level up that toon to Tier 7. Not the gear or the Epic, just the flag. So then you could take him to Tier 7 and start gearing him up there, rather than all the way from Qvic/etc.. Probably have to have a "dummy" epic aug - something that would take the place of the 6.0 which then you could hand in with the 7.0 book to get your 7.0 epic..

Heck you could do it for all tiers, or at least Tier 2, 4, 7, 9..? The boss that drops the token would be buffed up to 1-2 tiers above the token it gives - ie the Tier5 token boss would be Tier7 level difficulty, etc. This makes "backflagging" possible without it being TOO easy.

Like I said, not sure if you could do that without it being abused, but you could  make it keyed into some kind of reward item, that costs $5-10 per toon, to keep people from abusing it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:38:16 am by walk2k » Logged

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 11:45:16 am »

Don't(s) :
 1. No (large) water event (T-5).
 2. No Factions for armor.
 3. No Random traps.
 4. No Mini zones.
 5. No AOE Rampage on trash.
 6. No Co-op raid required.

Do(s) :
 1. Instanced T-11
 2. Safe spot for RL event AFK
 3. UW Upgrade possible during progression (not as the last thing achievable)
 4. Timed respawn like T-7, or zero respawn like T-5/8.
 5. Preview of task-based awards.  (Stats of item to determine 1st toon to receive).
 6. Ranged attack mobs reachable by spells and spell casters.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 02:13:53 pm »

for Loping/T7 - the running around is annoying, but a simple change to make Vampire Bats spawn much more often from traps and trash mobs would make up for a lot of it..  right now I can clear trash and hit traps for 2+ hrs and not get 1 bat to spawn..

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 03:18:42 pm »

Honestly? I'd look for ways to slow things down, not speed them up, from T2 and on. Adding an express lane only leads to faster ennui and boredom. The exception? T10 needs some tweaking, as has been mentioned in detail by other players and myself.

That being said....I'd consider adding alternatives to current content for some "grinds". Perhaps something scaled similarly to the halloween zone.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 04:06:35 pm »

Hmm so much on wish lists lol

but

Abyss would be cool if when u cleared it you didnt get a random mob but a choice of what boss spawns

ToV more scales and a Dragon class armor type so dont have to farm for ages.

T10 mini , im not a fan of getting plagueborns in it ild rather get a token so can trigger them in sunderock so a full raid can benifit.

T11 Tacvi or Vex Thal

RoA 1000 hand in for a super aug then start again

UW augs rank 5s

a propper monk usable 2Hander

Teleporter added to T10

just a couple lol

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 05:30:47 pm »

As far as T11.....lets see some newer zones, not older ones. Using the RoF2 client we should be able to access some newer zones, and we arent. The newest zone we actively use is....9 years old? (OC/T9) We could do with some newer fun IMO. Or, if you have to go old school, go OLD SCHOOL and use Kithicor (FUN flashbacks to Halloween 1999) or Howling Stones.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 98