Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:00:23 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Swamphy's PoD Drop charts (guide to PoD Augments)  (Read 38120 times)
swamphy

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2010, 10:35:23 am »

About 2AM last night, Ieawenpo was guiding me about PoD and I concluded that an alphabetical list of the aug drops would be very handy.

FYI, augs in PoD are made by combining 4 items in the Magic Dragon Box (found on newbie merchants).  The items drop off mobs in PoD.

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 10:39:33 am »

Here is a chart by Recipe. (not my finest work, but it's functional)

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 02:25:49 pm »

Very nice
Gokusse

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 03:52:58 pm »

Should be noted that to make a V (Five) version of any aug simply combine two IV (four) augs in the Magic Box. Also the components do not simply drop from the dragons you kill, instead they drop from mini bosses (Ra-ta-tui, Thanatos, etc...) chests, that spawn after you kill a random trash mob, as well as from bosses you kill from turning in crystals.

Crystals are from mini-bosses and ornate chests and turned into "Emissary of the Gods" aka Tikis, to spawn different bosses.

T1 crystals are water and fire
T2 crystals are earth and ice

T1 mini bosses spawn from - Silver Dragons, Black Dragons, Shadow Dragons, Storm Dragons and Green Dragons.

T2 mini bosses spawn from - Gold Dragons, Tiamat, Lava Dragons, Brown Dragons, and Red Dragons.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 04:27:32 pm by Gokusse » Logged
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 06:32:29 am »

Thanks for adding that. It's great when people pipe in the extra info.

Is there a more detailed map somewhere? I understand part of the map is T1 and part is T2. correct?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 10:07:11 am »

I will see about making a map at work today, including where dragons are on map (where they spawn) so you know where to navigate if you're trying to avoid mobs and what not on the way to camps

alienorg

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 11:55:36 pm »

can any link the stats for all augment. would be good to know.
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 12:46:21 am »

I will see about making a map at work today, including where dragons are on map (where they spawn) so you know where to navigate if you're trying to avoid mobs and what not on the way to camps

Does anyone know if there is an update to this (I can see that the conversation is quite old now)? 

Have been farming T1 now for two weeks straight and still haven't seen the bosses that drop the boots and gloves patterns.  Does anyone have a list of the boss names and what they drop?

Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 01:41:01 am »

Does anyone know if there is an update to this (I can see that the conversation is quite old now)? 

Have been farming T1 now for two weeks straight and still haven't seen the bosses that drop the boots and gloves patterns.  Does anyone have a list of the boss names and what they drop?

Dont know the names... but i can describe them Cheesy

Giga-slug: Chest
Purple Slime Ghost: Legs
The Ugly Jester: Arms
Flaming Spider: Gloves
Cricket Creature: Helm
Crab-Scorpion-Turtle: Bracer
Snake: Boots

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Likkety

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 05:57:32 am »

T1 Bosses/Drops:

Khepri - Hat
Ptah - Legs
Heh - Sleeves
Omm - Gloves
Shai-Hulud - Chest
Apophis - Boots
Amun - Bracers

T2 Boss/Drops:

Okeanos - Hat (AE Stunner)
Alfadir - Legs (AE Stunner)
Thurr - Sleeves
Mentu - Gloves
Kronos - Chest
Imsety - Boots
Seth - Bracers

All T2 bosses spawn various T2 trash dragons as adds and ech add has a chance to spawn a mini, chest or ornate chest.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 08:27:34 pm »

Thanks heaps guys - that's awesome!!!

Moriah

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 12:01:35 am »

Very helpful, you guys rock!
Moriah

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 12:42:05 am »

One more question about T1 vs T2.  Are the T2 bosses much harder than T1, excluding the adds?  I think the adds are a minor nuisance for my group where I could off tank them but a couple times on shai hulud I had some close calls if I missed a heal or whatever. And thanks in advance.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 03:15:44 pm »

T2 compard to T1 is all about dynamics. There's a zillion combos to success.

It's *nicer* to:

1. ) not have to rely on paladin proc healing
2. ) have more than one potential tank for battle ressing
3. ) have dps in droves
4. ) above all else *have options*

It's a huge jenga puzzle: If you have a cleric, that cleric needs enough hp gear to survive the AEs, since he's not going to be able to compete with a similarly geared paladin.

Having more than one tank (esp warrior) means a whole lot of extra T1 farming for plate gear, hp augs, regen augs, and anger augs.

DPS is the name of the game... However DPS comes in all flavors. Beastlords and mages are frustrating boxes in that their pets weren't built to eat T2 dragon/boss AEs, or offtank adds at all. Monks are rather self sufficient, paladins and SKs even moreso.. The latter two are not "dps" to the level of a rogue or ranger. Ranger involves either meleeing or finding that sweet spot where they still get proc heals and are far enough away to bow outside of rampage-- something thats not real easy to do boxing in the heat of a battle.

Above all else you gotta deal with RNG :  T2 minis seem to have a knack for getting in the "rounds of their lifes" to one shot tanks.. Even in full T2 my warrior sometimes has close calls on T2 minis waiting for pally proc heals, whereas any T2 boss besides kronos I can practically watch tv and come back after 5 minutes.. It's all relative.

The trick to T1 is out dps'n regen by a sustainable amount: especially with stonewall as a crutch T1 tiki bosses are laughable at best outside of Heh, who's main line of defense is to blind before your paladin is auto-attacking (it's his only chance and he knows it).

So what are the dynamic options on T2 bosses? Augs. It's beyond handy to have both Anger IV and Anger V set up on your warrior boxes, Only through trial and error will you figure out based on your unique box team what augs are going to work best, and as you grow in power (especially in warrior armor and augs) you can just use Anger Vs and forget about it. Until then, you'd be better served having a pally or SK box offtank add spawns + minis to take some heat off the warrior. Someone mentioned earlier T2 is all about a DPS race to get most things dead before stonewall drops..  It's hard to make it more simple than that, so i won't even try.

Some T2 bosses are incredibly easy if you don't get too many mini pops on the dragon adds. It's an amusing zone in that regard. I'll see a Seth and go "lol sweet" where a minute ago i was killing trash and going "oh dang, Rylos!".. And there is the never-ending threat of "spawning Kronos" -- that silly guy that a T3 geared person farmin essences with his banker and COH bot can never find, but that poor sap trying out T2 for the first time to "see if he can hang" will spawn 3 times in a row.

My tip: have a couple uber friends and play off peak hours. If you spawn a Kronos when you clearly aren't capable of pwning him, fire off /tells to people you know can kill em.. They'll be more than happy (if public) to come and spank him for ya, and if you got a Shaman or BST or ENC box there's a 98.5% chance they'll let you have the BP that inevitably drops free of charge..

Ideally you'd want a cookie cutter 4box of War/War/Pal/Clr so you could easily juggle stonewalls pre-T2 gearz, but god, good luck getting that 4some geared up in Qvic and T1 gear..You mix in a monk or rogue for a Warrior, and suddenly you really are relying on that Warrior staying alive, etc... Which is all about balancing and deep prayer that one day cloth and leather and chain drops will be halved and plate drops will be upped to reflect actual toon usage on this server, but i wouldn't hold my breath. Smiley

Ever custom EMU server i've ever played on was headed by a hard working guy with a dream that one day leather and cloth wearing toons would be relevant, if not preferred, in mid-to-late game encounters. It's the impossible dream, the Holy Grail of online server design. We're as much to blame : we steer clear of those classes in droves so the GM won't even get the volume of feedback necessary to make the proper adjustments.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:34:49 pm by Ponzi » Logged

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 03:28:21 pm »

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988