Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:43:20 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 7-15-2017  (Read 8942 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2017, 02:35:31 pm »

Changelog

• Akkadius: HP Update tuning - HP Updates are now forced when a client is targeted
  • Akkadius: Client position updates should be smoother (granted the client has a good connection) - Clients should also no longer randomly disappear
  • Akkadius: Raid/Group/XTarget HP/Mana/Endurance updates now only send when percentage changes
  • Akkadius: Raid/Group Mana/Endurance updates should now update real-time once again
  • Akkadius: Fixed an issue with clients looking like they are 'skipping' when they are moving in view of another client
  • Akkadius: Fixed an issue with NPC's who are ghosted in plain view of a client when they are not really there
  • Akkadius: Fix HP update issues, rework logic for more accurate HP updates
  • Akkadius: Massive reductions in unnecessary network traffic especially during high spam combat fights
  • Akkadius: Resolve issues with NPC's hopping to the ceiling in small corridors
  • Akkadius: Improved grounding issues with NPC's during combat
  • Akkadius: Improved scenarios where NPC's need to be dragged out of the ground - they should correct themselves far more consistently
  • Akkadius: Scenarios where an NPC is coming up from the bottom floor, or from the top floor, they will correct more
  • A video of these tests can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtC7bVNM7ZQ&feature=youtu.be
  • Akkadius: Issues and with corpses and mobs going into the ground should mostly resolved
  • Akkadius: Xtarget issues in Sunderock where players would get non combat NPCs on their list at zone in should be resolved

MQ2 AutoLogin

• I was able to convince Maudigan from http://mqemulator.net to put together a MQ2AutoLogin build for you guys that will look up the Server by server name instead of Server ID, so you won't need to change the server ID when the loginserver restarts or the server restarts
  • The instructions for this MQ2AutoLogin I've compiled here: http://wiki.ezserver.online/MQ2_Autologin_Setup

Double Loot will be on today Saturday (7/15/2017) until the 4AM reboot due to the server being in disarray from some bad code this morning. An official Double Loot weekend will be upcoming in the next few weekends, I will make sure folks have about 2 weeks notice in advance for this.

After many months of being offline, Donations have been brought back up for those that had been asking for them

Some people have wanted to know about the nitty gritty of the changes that have been made recently. You can read about them below.

EQEmu Commits

Notable Changes

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 05:40:30 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Raelin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 12:05:58 pm »

Pet Pulls haywire.

In the last week or so, a problem with the pet pulls has arose.  Recently, the pet is "lost to the imaterium" (sp?) even on short pulls.  However, recently I've only used pulls thru walls, so that may be related. This does not always happen, but does occur roughly 90% of the time, whereas prior to the last few weeks NEVER happened due to the shortness of the pull distance.  Wonder if the recent work on bringing npcs to the surface is related?  In addition, I believe I've noticed that even on successful pulls where the pet is not destroyed, the npc takes longer to get back to the puller (navigating thru the wall maybe?) ... but that may be only my imagination.
ZerarWarrior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 11:30:50 am »

I have been working a new baby toon through t5 and water pulls take much longer than before. When I pull let's say a sea snake, and I am about 250-300 distance away, the sea snake immediately drops to the floor of the water, covers that distance, slowly makes its way up but then is right on top of me where "you can't see your target" or them being inside of me means auto attack and ripostes don't hit those. If you pull a bunch of mobs... like I basically ran around and pulled all non anchor'd npcs, and waited in the arena for them to come to me, they did in chunks, and each time a chunk arrived I had to take a few steps back to be able to hit them, either way it was choppy and annoying. the only way to have pulls in that zone work like it had in the past is to have them all come to a spot on the floor of the water.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 01:29:00 pm »

Raelin and Zerar - I'll look at both of these issues when I have a chance here next

EZ Server GM
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 02:44:49 pm »

Confirming what Zerar just said. Seems mobs in Abyss "stick" to the ocean floor and have a hard time coming up.

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 05:02:38 am »

Seems to happen in any underwater zone, mobe drop to floor when aggroed, just FYI ( lake rathe - kedge etc )

One other minor issue i recently noticed
Random mobs position seem to take a long time to update (minutes)
After a pull, 1 or 2 mobs stop moving, run back and stand next to them, and get the "you cannot see your target" or your target is out of range, get closer" message

Use to see this in jagged pine with wisps, but usually re-synced after a few seconds
Recently happening a lot more in other zones/mobs and taking a long time to sync client-server locs
Will get more info if needed

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 09:23:34 am by Chieftan » Logged

synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 10:32:10 pm »

Seems to happen in any underwater zone, mobe drop to floor when aggroed, just FYI ( lake rathe - kedge etc )

One other minor issue i recently noticed
Random mobs position seem to take a long time to update (minutes)
After a pull, 1 or 2 mobs stop moving, run back and stand next to them, and get the "you cannot see your target" or your target is out of range, get closer" message

Use to see this in jagged pine with wisps, but usually re-synced after a few seconds
Recently happening a lot more in other zones/mobs and taking a long time to sync client-server locs
Will get more info if needed

Thanks

Yep, I experienced this alot in OC as well.

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 02:20:53 pm »

MQ2 AutoLogin

• I was able to convince Maudigan from http://mqemulator.net to put together a MQ2AutoLogin build for you guys that will look up the Server by server name instead of Server ID, so you won't need to change the server ID when the loginserver restarts or the server restarts
  • The instructions for this MQ2AutoLogin I've compiled here: http://wiki.ezserver.online/MQ2_Autologin_Setup

So I got this working - IF I launch each client separately.  If I launch them all at once with a batch file/etc, some of them randomly crash (about 2/3 of them crash, some don't). Yes I tried running mq2 as admin - it's the same thing either way...

Any ideas?

update: ok it doesn't crash on my other PC so it must be a driver issue. last time I got crashes on startup it was a conflict between MQ2 and the video card overlocking utility (Evga Precision OC) so I'll look into that, might need to update it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 12:43:27 am by walk2k » Logged

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 02:10:28 am »

I had same issue with some crashes on my older pc
Adding a small delay between each seems to work ok now, worth a try
e.g
start eqgame.exe patchme /login:xxxxxx
timeout /t 1
timeout /t 1

walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 10:30:11 am »

Yea it's an older PC (Core2Quad). I have a 1 second delay already. Adding a 5 second delay means LESS clients crash... but some still crash.

I disabled the OC utility, that didn't help...

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 01:07:11 pm »

I set mine to 10 second delay and it removed all crashes.

walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 11:04:49 am »

I tried 10 sec, a few still crash.. guess I can try longer.
I timed the last client loading (after all others are loaded and running) = 34 seconds... guh.

Peign
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 01:45:30 pm »

I tried 10 sec, a few still crash.. guess I can try longer.
I timed the last client loading (after all others are loaded and running) = 34 seconds... guh.
Code:
if urgamer:
    getgamingpc(i5, 8gb, geforce)
else:
    quitgaming(fixcareer, payoffdebt, focusonlife)

print("quit wasting everyones time on your archaic rig")
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 01:59:56 pm by Peign » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678