Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:04:31 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: xTargets  (Read 2838 times)
Bogreaper

View Profile WWW
« on: September 27, 2017, 09:00:03 am »

Please read this all before replying.

I still hear some people asking about the xTargets and the strange things that appear and disappear and this that and the other.

I do not know why it does like it does, or how to fix it, BUT!

Please post here, what it does and how it effects your game play, and lets brain storm on how we can solve each item one at a time.

For me, I had became dependent on using it for an selecting the next npc in the battle to target and attack.  I worked around this with a quick little macro that targets the further-est reachable npc from me, targets that one and tells everyone to get behind it and attack while I stay in front of it.  No it is not 100% reliable, yes it has a few quirks, but I do find that it is a lot more reliable then me clicking in the xtragets on an npc, or just getting the one with the lowest hp %.  If I don't like the npc that it selects as the further-est reachable, I just tap my target next npc until I find one I like then press everyone attack and they attack it.

Besides that, the rest of xTargets is just a visual thing for me.  I don't use it for main tank, or assist, or puller or any of that stuff, mainly because I never sat down and set all that up.  my socials, hot keys, and little quick macros that I threw together handles that all for me.  BogTank is Always the tank, but if he dies, all the characters have the exact same attack key, I just tab to that character hit numpad 5 and that tells everyone to assist that character and heal that character, I find that a lot simpler because those command mainly stay local to my machine, they don't have to go to the server then back to another character, like they would if I used the eq based main tank and main assist functions.

With that being said, lets see what problems the xTargets window is giving you, how it effects your game play, and lets brain storm on how we can resolve each issue on its own.

Peace.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 05:26:15 pm »

Not trying to sound like a jerk or derail the thread...but why not just use F8?

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
gotee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 09:38:09 pm »

The implementation of that has caused nothing but grief to most all players that no longer bitch about it in OOC but just accept the flaws.  Mobs disappearing, staying on target after death, raiding with another puller never knowing what's yours.  I also just use F8 now when I used to depend on that window for accuracy of what I had and would hit next.  To think I am going to stop what I am hitting to save one toon and let the rest of the group die is just stupid.
Bogreaper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 12:13:34 am »

So it is just a visualization thing for you?

Being able to see what mob has aggro on you and what it's hp % is?

Is there anything else that effects game play?

------------------------------------------

Side note, if you right click on a fresh empty xTargets window and look at the bottom of the menu there is a Save/Load xTarget sets option.
Some users have found that saving a blank set, then if/when the xTargets gets garbage, just right click and load it back clears up the garbage.

Peace

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053