Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:42:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: T9 - Zerka  (Read 7188 times)
huffdady

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2017, 10:01:20 am »

Anyone find or come up with a way to more reliably spawn High Executioner Zerka?

I know the wiki says:
Kill Obliteration mobs and only Obliteration mobs to spawn. If you kill too many animals and the Undead attack on the tunnel forces you to pop a Hill Giant, you will not be graced with her prescence.

I just want to know if anyone has any tricks or tips that might help.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 04:50:03 pm »

Initially, the mechanic for spawning HG required something like 20 kills each of 5 different mob types to spawn or something similar with a 0-30ish minute delayed spawn timer thrown in. .  Pulling to the lake was the best way to spawn him since all different types were within range of that small area.  People "knew" how to spawn the HG but didn't really "know" what the kill requirements were specifically and it was common knowledge that there was a random timer component because if you stopped killing for a while and went afk for whatever reason, you would sometimes come back to see HG had spawned.  I know I lost a handful of HG spawns from being afk too long because he'd despawn after 30ish? mins, so you would scroll back through chat to see his spawn emote and a bit later his despawn emote (/shakes fist). 

The Zerka spawn mechanic was a bit more obscure, but the kill requirements were independent of HG.  I don't know if that means that none of the Zerka mob requirements were shared with the HG kill requirements or if they shared some mob types and just had independent kill count lists.  Regardless, if you set up camp near the cave and pulled everything on the east side of the zone and killed long enough, she would eventually spawn.  Krinkle and I used to cut the zone in half and each focus on our kills and got a shit ton of HG this way and a handful of Zerkas. 

The Priest was always easy to spawn, just focus on undead spawns.

Some weren't overly obsessed with knowing the specific kill counts because if you killed enough mobs indiscriminately for long enough you would always get HG to spawn regardless and Zerka, while being more rare than HG, was still obtainable.  Others got frustrated trying to spawn HG or Zerka without knowing what they should be focusing on killing...some due to limited playtime windows and some just not wanting to waste time killing mobs they didn't need to, and people asked for a little clarity on the spawn mechanics.  Still others seemed to think that spoilers and how to guides need to be made readily available as soon as they have the ability to consume the content and pissed and moaned to Hateborne enough that he relented and pulled a 'Be careful what you wish for' and made the kill counts for HG and Zerka overlap and cancel each other out and set HG to be spawned off of a general kill count instead of specific mob types.  That was great news for the people bitching about HG being too hard to spawn, but ended up totally fucking people who were trying to spawn Zerka because whatever HG shared mobs were in Zerka's kill count would wipe both counters out when HG spawned.  So Zerka, still having some retarded kill this mob on this part of the zone and this mob on that part of the zone logic instead of straight up kill count specific to Zerka became pretty futile to bother with.

I think Akka revisited the mechanic at some point after the Hateborne drama bore out and simplified it a bit more, but I don't know if there is still a kill count wipe on Zerka counter when HG spawns.  I haven't really spent much time in T9 since before T10 was out, so I honestly don't know what it's like currently. 

Sorry for the history lesson, seeing this post got me a bit nostalgic and I just kind of had to write it out and re-live it.

tl;dr Zerka was never easy to spawn, then Hate made it harder to spawn, then Akka addressed it in some way but I don't know the specifics of the current setup.
Roguetastic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 05:09:53 pm »

Today I spent 2 hours in T9 and got 3 HGs and Zerka pulling to the lake and killing any and every type of mob there was. Interesting that within 5 minutes after the third HG, Zerka popped while I was getting ready exit the zone. I hadn't killed a single mob after the third HG and she popped. I guess that pretty much confirms that HG and Zerka no longer cancel  each other out when they pop. Just kill kill kill baay and hope rng don't screw ya.

huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 10:56:36 am »

Thanks guys,

I have killed in there past 3 or 4 HG's and 3 or 4 Priests, it's been eon's since I have seen a Zerka, that is why I asked.

I guess I will just have to sit down and camp her one whole day and hope that RNG doesn't screw me over.
Peign
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 12:33:18 pm »

Thanks guys,

I have killed in there past 3 or 4 HG's and 3 or 4 Priests, it's been eon's since I have seen a Zerka, that is why I asked.

I guess I will just have to sit down and camp her one whole day and hope that RNG doesn't screw me over.

Are you wanting to spawn Zerka for the axe she drops?    If so, the orc bosses in T10 drop a weapon that is very close to as powerful as the rare Zerka weapon.

Considering the fact that it appears to be difficult for some to spawn Zerka coupled with the fact that the axe she drops is wicked rare you may be better served getting into T10 and just forgetting about Zerka entirely.

max ROI!
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 09:54:02 pm »

The problem with just forgetting about T9 and moving into T10, I still need 13 shadowedmen blood and 23 carapaces before that can happen.  I have gotten everything else completed.  Even the crappy silk drops, which is what like 1/40 or 1/50?. 
I have killed every fire beetle and every shadowed man I have ever came across and yet I still need that many.  I am not complaining about doing the work, odiously I have put in tons of time into building this team.  I just have so much more time just farming these two items.

/rant off.

LoL  See ya in Game.
Peign
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 10:00:39 pm »

The problem with just forgetting about T9 and moving into T10, I still need 13 shadowedmen blood and 23 carapaces before that can happen.  I have gotten everything else completed.  Even the crappy silk drops, which is what like 1/40 or 1/50?. 
I have killed every fire beetle and every shadowed man I have ever came across and yet I still need that many.  I am not complaining about doing the work, odiously I have put in tons of time into building this team.  I just have so much more time just farming these two items.

/rant off.

LoL  See ya in Game.

Ahhh yes, RNG is a pita.    Although, you can focus on spawning HGs  while busting out those fire beetles and shadow men.    Should yield some nice essences and plat.

Kick ass and take names!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 8678