Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:32:16 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Post your rig!!! What are you running your eqemus on?  (Read 7981 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 01:29:12 pm »

Ryzen CPU's are beastly. Using a 1600X to run my second machine, and its every bit as solid as my son's I5 7600K, even slightly stronger for some newer games (ESO, for example). My 7700K is a bit stronger, but not by a ton. AMD really stepped it up with the Ryzen...and Intel's recent response with Coffee Lake wasnt as impressive as I'd hoped.

As for the newer Radeon cards...they are enough to shake me out of my Nvidia tree....though the VEGA wasnt as impressive as I'd hoped. Still, Radeon rules the under $ 300 segment for vid cards as far as I'm concerned (even if cryptominers have driven prices through the roof).

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 01:07:39 am »

The thing that sold me on Ryzen was that Coffee Lake is mearly more cores, same architecture and process as kaby lake (minus very minor updates.) Ryzen competes well at 3ghz, is easilly oc/d to all cores 3.9ghz with stock (wraith included cooler) and is pretty much just as fast plus handles twice the threads. It runs cool as a cucumber and can easilly push higher but there are diminishing rewards per watt of heat. Any of these cpus are overkill though really for this game, and of course Intels will o/c also but you have to buy a cooler. Saved an estimated $250 on my setup and it really brings out the geek in me to run my 16 boxes (my current T10 crew) at 1 toon/thread.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 05:44:50 pm »

I am running a Intel i5 4590, Nvidia 960TI, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Main board, Corsair 16gb at 1200mhz and 3 monitors.
43 inch vizio, 24 Asus and a 22 in viewsonic, all running at  1920x1080. 

Here is a picture of the whole thing.

https://imgur.com/3B4gybW
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:06:52 pm by huffdady » Logged
KevinSi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 11:10:11 am »

And this is my old rig transplanted to the new mid tower case, still a damn good one if you ask me. It is a haswell I5 o/c to 4.8ghz (huge ass noctua cooler) with 24 gb ram. Looks sharp in the new midtower case. GFx card barely fit, but it's going to have a shorty 1060 in it soon as it is just my sidekick now.

I like your setup, it does the trick. That's what matters right?
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 11:52:12 am »

Indeed. I was going to build another pc anyways so my 8yo could have her own (wife and I are tired of crumbs everywhere on ours, lol.) So I figured, 'why not upgrade and pass down pcs?'

We believe in throwing the kids outside for a couple hours a day too but they are hardcore minecrafters on the side.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 10:39:48 am »

I ended up giving my youngest son PC time "credits" he could buy by doing chores, afterschool activities, etc. back when he was 8, 9 years old. He's 16 now, and spends most of his time outside working on his "new" car (68 Olds Cutlass), playing football or hockey, and fishing....but he still loves playing on the PC when he can. He isnt much for EZ anymore (he used to be my SLS harvester) but he loves ESO with his overgrown man-child of a father.

Anyway, I cant state enough how impressed I am with the new AMD. Here's hoping they can sustain.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64969
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)