Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:16:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: T10 - Wiki Update - SPOILERS CONTAINED WITHIN  (Read 5887 times)
Loyal

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2017, 11:51:14 am »

I think T10 has been out a good while and the re-vamp has been around for almost a year now. When the revamp came about it was suggested we not post too much on the forums or the wiki as to not spoil it for others. I think the time has come for some public collaboration and for the Wiki to be updated. Right now the wiki contains the original walk through, which is mostly accurate and is a bare bones account of what it takes to fulfill the requirements of the zone. It could use some polish in the content already included and its definitely lacking on information for certain items that are optional in the zone. I will be updating the T10 wiki with those two tasks in mind. For the second one, i wont claim to know the inner secrets of spawning certain bosses so i will get the conversation started. If you would like to join in, feel free and if this isnt for you and you dont agree with this kind of thread, it is duly noted and your saying so isnt necessary Smiley.

Ill kick this off at a later point and post what i know for spawning each of the bosses. i likely dont have a perfect understanding of each of them, so i am happy for any collaboration. In the meantime, if anyone else wants to brain dump their tidbits, go for it and ill get everything up into the wiki in due time.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:27:40 am by Loyal » Logged

Peign
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 04:38:24 pm »

This thread is a big bag of nopes
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 05:19:57 pm »

This thread is a big bag of nopes

Duly Noted Smiley

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 09:56:28 am »

Here are my understanding of boss spawning mechanics.

Gnolls
1.) Darkpaw Rellognub - Seems to be random spawn on gnoll kill
2.) Lord Venombite - Same as Darkpaw
3.) Forgemaster Blazeclaw - Originally i thought his trigger was specific to killing the gnoll blacksmiths but im fairly certain i have spawned him on normal gnoll kills as well. Possibly just a higher chance on blacksmiths?

Orcs
1.) High Orc Warboss Zug - Triggered by killing Crushbone Juggernaut
2.) Orc Thundermaker - Originally i thought the Desert Orc Stormbringer was his only trigger but im pretty sure ive spawned him off random orc kills....perhaps stormbringer just has a higher chance? Looking for confirmation on this before i commit it to the wiki
3.) Den Mother Basalisk - Spawned by killing Basalisks....fairly rare since there are only about 20 or so basalisks in the zone

Sarnaks
1.) Beast of Burden - Randomly pops on killing sarnaks....my own current speculation is that pace of killing goes into the spawn mechanism for this mob as after doing sarnaks as my first faction i saw him fairly often but after completing T10 and going back to do sarnaks on a new necro i only saw him spawn at 20% of the frequency....so slower kill pace = more spawns? seemed to large of a variance to ignore.
2.) Crypt Lord Vaxxol - Chance to spawn after killing a "Wailing" Sarnak, which have a chance to spawn at night....can be anywhere from 0-4ish that spawn with the spectral sarnaks. When killing him, he spawns other spectral/wailing sarnaks.....i like to keep these up until after you kill Vaxxol for a chance at chaining Vaxxol spawns.

Bandit
1.) Ro'KKi - Chance to spawn after killing Bandits
2.) Little Jhaughn - Chance to spawn after killing Bandits
3.) Sharpclaw Tuff Grimefoot - Chance to spawn as the current open portal is traveled through. There is some mystery to this spawn and im only now putting the time into figuring it out. Currently my understanding of this spawn mechanic is that when the portal is activated it will bring any in your raid close enough through the portal. I think the chance at spawning is based on the activation of the portal and not necessarily how many chars you bring through. My current working theory is to most efficiently spawn him is to activate the portal as often as possible rather than maximizing the number of players going through in a short amount of time. As i am farming his soul this weekend i may have some updates.

Misc.
1,) Vampire Lord - Random chance to spawn upon killing a vampire, which spawn at night

Since most people tend to mass pull, there is a chance that a specific spawn mechanic is missed. i.e. if there is a specific bandit that spawns Rokki or Little Jhaughn i may have missed it since i pull the entire camp. If so and you know (and care to share) let me know and i will refine the above before adding it to the wiki.

I am going to target next week for trying to update the Wiki so if there is anything else you would like to see on the Wiki, post it here and I will get it added.

synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 10:48:17 am »

Though I am by no means a regular of T10, but I’d would share some tidbits that I have gathered during my brief journey. Hope to share this to you all this weekend or when time permits.

Thanks again Loyal.

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 08:43:39 pm »

As someone who is still confused as hell by T10, I appreciate any wisdom from the uber-elite.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 09:43:28 pm »

The following are notes to myself to include in the wiki.....the wiki will include more thought out explanations but i wanted to keep my notes somewhere Smiley

1.) Explanation of faction return on turn ins being a range
2.) Bandit Fragments after completing quest
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:05:30 pm by Loyal » Logged

Togak

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 05:20:56 am »

Orc Thundermaker - Any shaman
It use to be just stormbringer before the revamp.  Afterwards I've had him spawn from any of the shamans in the orc camp.  I think stormbringer will also spawn him but he has a shaman in his area so hard to tell.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 02:53:34 pm »

One thing that annoys me is hitting the kill count on my control toon then having to cycle through each of the other toons to check the quest window and verify that they completed it too before heading back to camp and hailing (fuck you, shaman who died a few times and missed 3 needed kills forcing me to do another full 750 task just to catch you up).  This prompted me to write an alias command that I can fire off and have each toon tell me where they are on the kill count.  The quest index for the kill quests vary for each of my toons because I have any number of unfinished quests in their task log, so this code should specifically search out the quest by name and /raidsay the status of it.  You aren't required to set it as an alias to use the code, you could just set it on a line in a hotkey starting with the /multiline piece of code but I find it a bit more modular to call the alias in a hotkey so I can do any edits directly to the mq2.ini file instead of trying to code in EQ.  To set a hotkey to call the alias command, just set the first line to alias name.  To set an alias command you can either enter the command in game like:
/alias [text to fire alias] [command to execute]
I use a slash command in all my alias command so I don't accidentally set them off while typing text, so my gnoll kill count alias is /gnollcount.  So setting it in game would be:
/alias /gnollcount /multiline ; /noparse /bcaa...[code shown below]...
Or you can directly copy the code below and paste it in the alias section of your mq2 ini file (right click macroquest icon and select INI file).
And to set a hotkey to call the alias, on hotkey line one it's simply:
/gnollcount

To make it a bit less confusing for people that have asked about this code, just copy the code to your clipboard and paste it in an EQ chat window.  If you don't know if you have paste from clipboard enabled in EQ, alt+o and on the keys tab, Select a Category -> All and scroll down to Paste from Clipboard and set a key or key combo to paste into chat windows.  Paste this code into it and hit enter, it'll get added to your alias list.

Here is the code for tracking the second gnoll kill quest, Gnollish Holocaust with the alias command /gnollcount:
Code:
/alias /gnollcount /multiline ; /noparse /bcaa //notify TaskWnd TASK_TaskList listselect ${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskList].List[IV: Gnollish Holocaust,2]} ; /delay 1s ; /noparse /bcaa //rsay ${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskElementList].List[1,2]}

Here is the code for tracking the third gnoll kill quest, For the Glory of Neriak with the alias command /gnollcount but updated with the change below:
Code:
/alias /gnollcount /multiline ; /noparse /bcaa //notify TaskWnd TASK_TaskList listselect ${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskList].List[IV: For,2]} ; /delay 1s ; /noparse /bcaa //rsay ${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskElementList].List[1,2]}

Here is the code for tracking the third orc kill quest, All-out Holy War with the alias command /orccount:
Code:
/alias /orccount /multiline ; /noparse /bcaa //notify TaskWnd TASK_TaskList listselect ${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskList].List[FA: All,2]} ; /delay 1s ; /noparse /bcaa //rsay ${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskElementList].List[1,2]}

Here is the code for tracking plagueborn kills, Purge the Plagueborn with the alias command /plagueborn
Code:
/alias /plagueborn /multiline ; /noparse /bcaa //notify TaskWnd TASK_TaskList listselect ${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskList].List[QFI: Purge,2]} ; /delay 1s ; /noparse /bcaa //rsay ${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskElementList].List[1,2]}

This code is easily modified for whatever quest you want to check progress on, the only thing that changes is the quest name or partial name in one spot. You can also append or prepend relevant text if you want, like this for plagueborn:
Code:
/alias /plagueborn /multiline ; /noparse /bcaa //notify TaskWnd TASK_TaskList listselect ${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskList].List[QFI: Purge,2]} ; /delay 1s ; /noparse /bcaa //rsay ${Window[TaskWnd].Child[TASK_TaskElementList].List[1,2]} plagueborn killed so far

Any questions can be asked in this thread or in game if I am on.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:51:42 pm by Dimur » Logged
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 04:19:08 pm »

2.) Orc Thundermaker - Originally i thought the Desert Orc Stormbringer was his only trigger but im pretty sure ive spawned him off random orc kills....perhaps stormbringer just has a higher chance? Looking for confirmation on this before i commit it to the wiki

I am going to target next week for trying to update the Wiki so if there is anything else you would like to see on the Wiki, post it here and I will get it added.

As far as i have been able to tell seems Thunderpants is linked to Stormbringers and orc shaman....used to be Stormbringers back when orcs would walk to other orc camp and more Stormbringers were spawning. This is just what i have noticed (nothing confirmed by the powers that be)

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 69
  • Online Ever: 8678